• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 247 article also said he was warm on tOSU, UNC, Clemson, USC, Alabama, and Michigan, so it's not like it's smooth sailing in any capacity.

It is interesting how high he seems on Foster. I wonder what kind of approach Bud took with him. He obviously knows his stuff, but has never been one of our best recruiters.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 247 article also said he was warm on tOSU, UNC, Clemson, USC, Alabama, and Michigan, so it's not like it's smooth sailing in any capacity.

It is interesting how high he seems on Foster. I wonder what kind of approach Bud took with him. He obviously knows his stuff, but has never been one of our best recruiters.

He also separated Virginia Tech from the others when he said "warm" which to me implies a VT edge. He said I am also warm on the others. 247 seems to think the same way seeing as how they moved VT up to "warmer" and the others to "warm."

Foster is a no nonsense personality....big time prospects usually want their egos stroked and the such. Foster is just not that kind of guy. Foster gets the kind of kids that don't care about having their egos stroked, and know they are going to have to work their asses off to get on the field regardless of their recruiting rankings. Hand is one of those kinds of prospects.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If signing day were today Hand would be a Hokie. Real test coming up in 2 weeks though.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If signing day were today Hand would be a Hokie. Real test coming up in 2 weeks though.

This. A lot of people think Alabama is going to edge us out because of how they got Kirven, but I don't think little Nicky Satan is going to have the same edge with Hand as he did with Kirven. Hand is more of the Kendall Fuller mindset, and seems to sift through the bullshit a lot of coaches feed him.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. A lot of people think Alabama is going to edge us out because of how they got Kirven, but I don't think little Nicky Satan is going to have the same edge with Hand as he did with Kirven. Hand is more of the Kendall Fuller mindset, and seems to sift through the bullshit a lot of coaches feed him.

That is Nick Saban's bread and butter too. He and Bud have similar "pitch" styles. Its just Bama has the trophies right now and we don't.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is Nick Saban's bread and butter too. He and Bud have similar "pitch" styles. Its just Bama has the trophies right now and we don't.

True, but there is one glaring difference about how Nick Saban and his coaching staff approaches recruiting, and how Bud Foster and VT do... and it is family. Nick Saban is all about business, nothing more nothing less. A smart and humble kid like Hand is most likely going to gravitate more towards the family/fun aspect of football as opposed to the strictly business side. I think Alabama will be there to the end, but I don't think they beat us out for this one. Time will tell though.

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not heard that but it could happen. That would be pretty big

heard it from another board, i just really hope its true, i think if he did come it would be to see how interested brown and nnadi is in VT and see if they all wud love to be in blacksburg. haha anything can happen. especially with the ocean lakes, and lake taylor guys all in town. adding the richmond and DC and woodbridge crew would be huge. Also would love to see the SC guys come up.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
heard it from another board, i just really hope its true, i think if he did come it would be to see how interested brown and nnadi is in VT and see if they all wud love to be in blacksburg. haha anything can happen. especially with the ocean lakes, and lake taylor guys all in town. adding the richmond and DC and woodbridge crew would be huge. Also would love to see the SC guys come up.
The July 14th camp will be packed with talent, that is for sure

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Henderon should be at the camp this month according to Scout. Looks like he's going to be a Buckeye though when they offer.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fine with that. Was never going to be a Hokie(we'll get Speight) but could have ended up a Hoo.

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Speight good, and who all will be at the camp that we know of

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Speight good, and who all will be at the camp that we know of

Great size however Speight was not going to receive an offer from either of the big 2 in VA if he wouldve remained a member of the 2013 class ....btw apparently evan thinks tech likes him more than hack because he is not a DT QB either actually looking at film seems less mobile and it looks like Tech will go after him... go figure:happyshake:

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope he comes, will he camp with us

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great size however Speight was not going to receive an offer from either of the big 2 in VA if he wouldve remained a member of the 2013 class ....btw apparently evan thinks tech likes him more than hack because he is not a DT QB either actually looking at film seems less mobile and it looks like Tech will go after him... go figure:happyshake:
Where did I say that? I just said we were in good position for him...

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say that? I just said we were in good position for him...

Id expect him to get a offer he,s the 2nd best qb prospect in the state, if you dont consider travon mcmillan, and he can take the redshirt to give tech a scolly qb behind hodges.... do you think he will eventually be offered as well?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamara says that UVa & LSU are the ones that are standing out to him the most right now.