• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's the #1 prospect, everyone is going to roll out the red carpet for him. He is going to love every visit or at least say that he did. How often have you ever read an article where a guy gives the thumbs down to a visit?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the #1 prospect, everyone is going to roll out the red carpet for him. He is going to love every visit or at least say that he did. How often have you ever read an article where a guy gives the thumbs down to a visit?

I think the UNC staff will be a tough sell to a lot of the super-recruits. Not saying it couldn't happen, don't think Hand will be going there though. UNC will have to go through a rebuilding period just like the U IMO. If Butch was still there, I would be much more concerned about them getting Hand, Brown, and some of the others..

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah -- I can only see the crap getting deeper and deeper at UNC, now that it is becoming obvious that they were setting up non-graded classes for their players. Butch Davis and their administration have really F'ed up that athletic program

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah -- I can only see the crap getting deeper and deeper at UNC, now that it is becoming obvious that they were setting up non-graded classes for their players. Butch Davis and their administration have really F'ed up that athletic program

They tried to take some shortcuts, and that has set them back big time.

Nortazhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm beginning to think it was much more F'ed up well before Butchie arrived. I think the culture of corruption (especially academically) has been there for a while, especially with the Holy Grail (basketball). As the Wulfies have stated, when was the last time a UNC basketball player was declared academically ineligible?

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even guess what he has in mind with this tweet

Can't be pimping for endorsements or SWAG.

Andrew Brown ‏@DrizoBeats
All football players follow @usnikefootball , The best brand on the planet.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't even guess what he has in mind with this tweet

Can't be pimping for endorsements or SWAG.

Andrew Brown ‏@DrizoBeats
All football players follow @usnikefootball , The best brand on the planet.

Or maybe he's a kid and buys all his clothing and equipment based on popularity and brand.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think it was much more F'ed up well before Butchie arrived. I think the culture of corruption (especially academically) has been there for a while, especially with the Holy Grail (basketball). As the Wulfies have stated, when was the last time a UNC basketball player was declared academically ineligible?

The UNC AD was crooked well before Butch MF Davis arrived in Chapel Hole. He just managed to fuck up what they had been able to hide for years.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamil Kamara ‏@JKamara1
2 new offers today ,Clemson and jmu !

Tweeted just minutes ago

Didn't we all know this days ago? Guess it took that long for the "process" to play itself out.

Pass the bong JMU, because you guys are hallucinating.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jamil Kamara ‏@JKamara1
2 new offers today ,Clemson and jmu !

Tweeted just minutes ago

Didn't we all know this days ago? Guess it took that long for the "process" to play itself out.

Pass the bong JMU, because you guys are hallucinating.
takes time to finalize an offer

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe he's a kid and buys all his clothing and equipment based on popularity and brand.

Neither of which would explain addressing the tweet to @usnikefootball

Some research on my part uncovered this much:

Nike is holding a football #makeitcount campaign, and if they like your tweet, they seek approval to use it in their national marketing campaign.

Kinda blurs the amateur status thing a bit in my mind, even if you aren't compensated.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Neither of which would explain addressing the tweet to @usnikefootball

Some research on my part uncovered this much:

Nike is holding a football #makeitcount campaign, and if they like your tweet, they seek approval to use it in their national marketing campaign.

Kinda blurs the amateur status thing a bit in my mind, even if you aren't compensated.

Again, it's a kid who likes Nike and is trying to be recognized like anyone else who wants to participate in a contest. This is really a non issue.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why don't we create a Twitter analysis thread, and get it out of the recruiting discussions?