• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Parker likely can't make it in at VT, either. Going to take either a miracle this year or he'll need to prep unless he wants to play at a partial qualifier school like Marshall or ECU.

And no need to freak out over Teller, at least not until we hear otherwise.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't pursuing him MY ASS. Then what is offering a kid, inviting them to jr. day, spending a ton of that time with just him, and asking him to come back the next weekend?

Boss Sarge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah we are definitely recruiting him. VTFF, What is up with this kid? It cant really be the grades as everyone claims? Are they that bad? What else would restrict a kid from qualifying?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are really bad. I don't know what UVA's deal is. Why go through all of that to then say "Yeaaa hold on a minute.." The general thought was at worst he would prep. I'd love to hear London's reasoning behind this.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are really bad. I don't know what UVA's deal is. Why go through all of that to then say "Yeaaa hold on a minute.." The general thought was at worst he would prep. I'd love to hear London's reasoning behind this.

The grades/possibly having to prep deal is the reason that I think that UVa is not pushing for him to commit. Maybe they want to wait until February when the recruiting numbers are more definite, then they will know for sure if they can afford to hold a scholarship for him or not.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we are definitely recruiting him. VTFF, What is up with this kid? It cant really be the grades as everyone claims? Are they that bad? What else would restrict a kid from qualifying?

Who said UVa wasn't recruiting him?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pursuing and recruiting is 2 totally different things. Yes, Parker does have an offer, but UVa is not pushing for a commit, and most likely would not accept Parker if he did indeed try to commit.

Also, EvanWatkins said basically the same thing I did, that Parker wants to commit, but UVa basically would not accept his commitment.

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said UVa was recruiting Parker but not pursuing him? How does that even make sense? :flypig:

How is offering him a scholarship, inviting him to Junior Day, inviting him back for the next weekend, and keeping constant contact with him not pursuing him? :L

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said UVa was recruiting Parker but not pursuing him? How does that even make sense? :flypig:

How is offering him a scholarship, inviting him to Junior Day, inviting him back for the next weekend, and keeping constant contact with him not pursuing him? :L

Are you honestly going to sit there and say that you have never heard of this in recruiting? It's the same as when you have offers out to 2 QB's, but you can only take 1, so if your top target commits somewhere else, your top target is off the board and you now pursue for a commit from the 2nd choice.

Again, this is the same thing EvanWatkins said. Parker wants to commit to UVa, but UVa is not interested in bringing him on at the moment.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you honestly going to sit there and say that you have never heard of this in recruiting? It's the same as when you have offers out to 2 QB's, but you can only take 1, so if your top target commits somewhere else, your top target is off the board and you now pursue for a commit from the 2nd choice.

Again, this is the same thing EvanWatkins said. Parker wants to commit to UVa, but UVa is not interested in bringing him on at the moment.

This is all I hear Jeffro

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my questions is why does parker have all these offers with such terrible grades, when deloatch was in the same situation with hardly any offers at this point in his recruitment last year?