• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not good news...that's a bummer..i was really hoping to see him become a hokie...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding like a dick, we were the first to show interest in Rodriguez. Beamer reached out to him before he became a big story. He called him personally. We worked with him. He grew up a Tech fan. He wants to play for Tech.

I don't want us to go over and above in this recruitment. He is a great story and a great kid and I hope he picks the Hokies, but I wan our recruiters to focus on football players, not PR bumps.

It may sound cold, but we have done a ton already. Recruit the best players for our system first and foremost.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Burns has committed to Stanford, so that is now 2 of the 3 big time QBs from Va off the board.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was personally hoping to see this guy play for VT as I am sure we all were. I hope SB and crew turn this one around in our favor. I mean, the dude wore VT clothing in his recruitment video which he paid for himself for crying out loud....

:burt:

Wow. I felt for sure that Rodriguez was going to be playing for VT. I figured no other schools had a chance.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding like a dick, we were the first to show interest in Rodriguez. Beamer reached out to him before he became a big story. He called him personally. We worked with him. He grew up a Tech fan. He wants to play for Tech.

I don't want us to go over and above in this recruitment. He is a great story and a great kid and I hope he picks the Hokies, but I wan our recruiters to focus on football players, not PR bumps.

It may sound cold, but we have done a ton already. Recruit the best players for our system first and foremost.

I totally agree with you. But it doesn't sit well with me knowing Rodriguez is drinking the Dabo Kool-Aid. I am actually surprised to find out BCS schools outside the Commonwealth of Virginia are even recruiting him.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Burns has committed to Stanford, so that is now 2 of the 3 big time QBs from Va off the board.

When the heck did Stanford start recruiting nationwide? Obviously they've done well the past couple years, but geez...this is two years in a row they've plucked a top 5 guy out of VA.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is telling though. He seems very smart and mature and I think he will end up a Hokie. Let the Dabo crap wear off a bit. They want the PR, we wanted the player before the PR. That should mean something.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the heck did Stanford start recruiting nationwide? Obviously they've done well the past couple years, but geez...this is two years in a row they've plucked a top 5 guy out of VA.

2 rivals 100 guys from VA this year. burns and randolph...

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let them have Burns. He is way overrated. I hope they put all their eggs in the Burns basket and he has to start. Wait and see he will suck

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let them have Burns. He is way overrated. I hope they put all their eggs in the Burns basket and he has to start. Wait and see he will suck

:nod: as is Doug Randolph. No idea why him and Burns were rated so high but Stanford can have them. I will take Fisher and Hodges over both of them any day of the week.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 rivals 100 guys from VA this year. burns and randolph...

Randolph is a very soft commit right now. Sources at his school say he will likely end up @ UVa when all is said and done.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randolph will probably drop like a lead balloon on the Rivals rankings. Way, way, wayy too high.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bummer about Rodriguez. I hope he ends up a Hokie but it wouldnt be the end of the world obviously. It is a great story and not so sure he is on everyone's radar if Frank didnt contact him/pull the trigger first. Either way I hope has success.

As far as Burns and Hack go..not a huge deal either. Its been obvious from the get go that these guys werent high on our radar. More of a loss(es) for UVA IMO. VT is focused on Hodges and the others. Once again no worries at QB for the future.

It would be nice to get several more commits by summer.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Catching up:

- Rolin's not really someone I'm worried about right now. Family big on this one and having both kids in the same place on Saturdays(granted the other might not dress) is huge.

- Rodriguez is out of the staff's hands, as said. Nothing Frank can do, at least not for a walk-on.

- Burns is hideously overrated and it's a joke that Randolph is a 4* period.

- UVA didn't really need a QB this cycle but they're going to look really bad on NSD when they miss out on the Big 3.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Catching up:

- Rolin's not really someone I'm worried about right now. Family big on this one and having both kids in the same place on Saturdays(granted the other might not dress) is huge.

- Rodriguez is out of the staff's hands, as said. Nothing Frank can do, at least not for a walk-on.

- Burns is hideously overrated and it's a joke that Randolph is a 4* period.

- UVA didn't really need a QB this cycle but they're going to look really bad on NSD when they miss out on the Big 3.

Agree on all accounts.

Clemson will be the default winner for Rodriguez because of admissions. He is missing requirements for our admissions that will not be needed by Clemson. I believe it's about transferring community college credits, which is more difficult at VT.

UVA doesn't need a QB as bad as we do, but if we can land Hodges, they will be hurt based on the fact that Hackenburg is a legacy. Luckily, it's still early for them so they could find a replacement much more easily at this point in time.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Clemson will be the default winner for Rodriguez because of admissions. He is missing requirements for our admissions that will not be needed by Clemson. I believe it's about transferring community college credits, which is more difficult at VT.

Rodriguez was told what it would take to get into VT and it doesnt appear that he pursued those options. May sound like sour grapes but my honest opinion is "oh well". The whole thing would have been a great PR story but all in all as a football player he is not really that big a loss.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per @rivalsmike

#OleMiss and #Georgia are the latest to offer VA LB Matt Rolin

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all accounts.

UVA doesn't need a QB as bad as we do, but if we can land Hodges, they will be hurt based on the fact that Hackenburg is a legacy. Luckily, it's still early for them so they could find a replacement much more easily at this point in time.

Even though Hackenberg is technically a legacy recruit, it should be noted that his father never really played a lot for UVa. He was a walk on for UVa and he ended up transferring to Susquehanna to get playing time.