• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ga will be a new regular spot

sounds good to me. seems like we are doing better in georgia than north carolina these days in terms of number of offers vs commit %. we seem to be losing ground in north carolina and maryland but gaining ground in georgia and florida, as well as PA

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VTFF - Heard from some locals that VT is recruiting Josh Marriner as a DB not a RB. I don't see him as at VT DB, he is much better slated as a RB IMO

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Had to do a double take on this pic of DaeSean Hamilton
7_385720.jpg

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We had (according to our board) 19 offers in 8 states (only 4 in VA and 2 of those were late) so i think we did a pretty decent job of going outside our "footprint". I dont think more offers are necessarily the key either, we just need to do a better job of landing the ones that we do offer. I completely agree about getting these guys on campus more, to add to that i would also like to see us get them here earlier. You hear tons of stories about guys that we have been on since they were freshman or sophmores but that never seems to be the case with any OL. I know OL is the toughest position to evaluate but just because you invite a guy for a UV or camp doesn't mean that you have to offer then.

Our 19 or so offers was the 3rd lowest amount in the ACC. For a position that we are in desperate need, 19 just is not enough. Landing guys is the key, but broadening our scope will help our chances. We need to make sure those offers go out earlier too so we don't have to rely on camps to fill spots. Instead, camps should be used to compliment those early offers (and hopeful commits). And I'm not talking about offering for the sake of offering. There were 22 4 or 5 star OL (according to Rivals) in our footprint (specifically FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, PA, VA). We didn't offer any of those prospects in the state of PA or TN. I never understood why we didn't offer a kid like Graham Shuler, who went to the same school as Woody Baron.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good points

hunz/bigesse -- good points ..

3rd lowest number of offers in acc (for OL) = unsat
not offering any OL in PA = unsat
agree that we need to cast a bigger net .. much bigger
useful statistics and NC does look to be a haven for great (star-wise) OL

good point about OL and lack of GREAT OL in the NFL .. Though I think that our DL recruiting is fine and just getting better, it's pretty obvious to me that the same argument has been used against VT when it comes to DL recruiting too. There were probably several factors but it seems VERY obvious to me that it was the sticking point for Korren Kirven. But Bud isn't gonna change things and to be honest, I don't want him to.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard he hadn't got one yet. But if its happened in the past 5 days or so then its possible.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess it's general consensus that Levenberry doesn't seem terribly interested in VT (for the time being at least). What is the early take on Jonathan Allen??

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both very likely OOS. Very slim shot on Allen and no shot at Levenberry.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to this Rivals article, Hackenberg has been offered by VT .. But his rivals profile does not show him as being offered. Scout also does not show him as being offered either.

Anyone know for sure?

ScarletNation.com - Hackenberg soars in latest Virginia prospect rankings

To his credit, Brian at HokieHaven doesn't like to post anything about an offer until he personally verifies it with the player or his coach.

Sometimes, the player doesn't even know because his coach has been sitting on it for some reason.