• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Sims transfers from Bama to WhoVA, the Hokies may be able to take any in-state QB they wish in 2013. For the record, I still hope we get Bucky.

People are pretty high on Greyson Lambert, a pro-style prospect from GA. I believe he is the heir-apparent in C-ville. He's about 6'4-6'5 and I've heard alot of praise. Offers from Alabama, UGA, Miami, Clemson.

On another note, I reaaaallllly like our chances with Fisher and Teller. Keeping these guys from UVA is almost as big as getting them on board at Tech. Not as big, but definitely can keep us where we want to be as far as state perception.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will have 2 years of eligibility if he transfers?

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sims kind've got screwed with Saban keeping him and McCarron as co-starters throughout the offseason and up until the first game. He played both players but in my opinion he knew McCarron would be the guy, and made it look like an even competition so that Sims wouldn't transfer before the season and leave the cupboard bare in Tuscaloosa.

The Sims "transfer" whispers have been going on for a loooooong time, and I think he would've this summer if he knew he wasn't going to start this year. At this point I think Sims is going to ride it out. Just my opinion.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jermadams just tweeted this...

Phillip Sims transferring to UVA?? what a clusterfuck at QB they have if so...in 2 years Rocco, G Lambert (assuming RS) & Sims will battle

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough for a highly recruited guy to just ride it out though. I see him transfering

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're right.... I was wrong. I literally just got off the phone with someone who was somewhat connected to his recruiting (not directly) and he is transferring. I've heard that Sims will NOT be attending Alabama this semester (spring).

We'll see where this is going.... I would add that the rumors were strong this summer that if Curtis Grant committed to UVA, Sims would follow....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right.... I was wrong. I literally just got off the phone with someone who was somewhat connected to his recruiting (not directly) and he is transferring. I've heard that Sims will NOT be attending Alabama this semester (spring).

We'll see where this is going.... I would add that the rumors were strong this summer that if Curtis Grant committed to UVA, Sims would follow....

To be fair, I started some of those rumors while trolling the UVA guys over at ESPN :L ;)

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haha, interesting. I won't add too much about it on this thread, but Sims is fairly close friends with Perry Jones also. (+ Tim Smith maybe?)

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sounds like hes enrolled in spring courses at BAMA...

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just so nobody gets their hopes up but you can't pipeline GC. They truck their talent in, there's no community to hold it all together. Kids go there to get noticed, it's like heading to Oak Hill or somewhere similar for basketball. The kids that come in by and large don't care about who came before and once you get 2-3 years away it's a complete non-issue unless they have some rare connection like family or something. Just can't be done. You just visit the school every year and see if anyone's worth offering. Best part is that a nasty recruitment won't sour your chances on the school for years and years(coughOSHScough).

That isn't to say VT can't clean up there this year. These kids love Fuller and they would love to play with him. Colbert is coming regardless because he's a legacy(he was born in the 'burg to 2 VT alum parents) but O'Daniel and Garner might come if Fuller commits. That said, long way to go for everyone and I imagine it doesn't all end up wrapped in a little package with a bow on top. If anyone can clean up GC this year, though, it'll be VT.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely that Colbert is a lock I listed a few names that I think are more than likely tech commits come this time next year curious to see how accurate I am

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all I have read about Virginia Tech has a couple locks in the 2013 class already... Stefon Colbert, Micheal Parker, Kendall Fuller, Jabo Lee, Brandon Facyson, Dj Reid, Holland Fisher and a couple GS players including Thomas Smith who seems to be lighting up the stat sheets this year... Is virginia tech really that much in need of players from the state of Virginia (other than Bucky) when you have so many players that already are so high on tech this early in the process ??... maybe not Facyson but he has one small school offer so as of now Ill just assume tech is the favorite in that case....

Here is the actual prediction alot of them have already been named but don't sleep on Jabo Lee he is a lighting fast player whos cousin I believe is Roc Carmicheal so definitley need bap to be in his ear.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough for a highly recruited guy to just ride it out though. I see him transfering

Even if Sims wanted to transfer doesn't Saban have to approve this?? Or does that just apply to conference foes?? I guaran-damn-tee you Sims would never be granted a release to go to another SEC school. I don't see him leaving. There is a chance that if McCarron has a great year he might leave and Sims would get a coupla years. Plus there is always the chance of an injury or McCarron might suck it up. If not any of these scenarios, Sims might only get one shot and one year to impress the pro scouts (or maybe..GULP..none). Either way I don't care. We rolled out the red carpet and he shunned the Hokies. Thats all well and good. Like I said on a previous post..you want to play with the big boys...you might want to bring it...EARLY in your career.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00