• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah this dude is huge (physically and in recruiting). from watching his videos, it is clear that he gets great leverage as he just throws tackles to the side. i'm hoping he can develop some moves outside of the bull rush so he can become even more difficult to stop.

here's the video

YouTube - ‪Jarontay Jones Stephenson High School‬‏

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
torrian gray is doin work down south!!! hes an awesome coach and recruiter!!!! gotta give some credit to davion tookes too...hes a fellow GA commit...hes been w him all week in bburg....im sure he was doing some recruiting as welll...not only does it put pressure on other DL recruits....it also could open a pipeline to stephenson.....a powerhouse in GA...15 seniors next year have D1 offers....Great Grab!!

Lot's of talent there, but certainly not a powerhouse in Georgia.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
already have 8 seniors goin to the acc or sec schools....i dont understand how they dont dominate then....but the real question is why cant UGA get any of these guys to commit? what in the world is georgia doin? the state of GA has a great group of seniors coming up...and most are leaving the state...whats goin on?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any other good news to come out of the camp this weekend? I'm pumped about Jones' commit, although when I first saw it I thought it was the DT that was a soft commit to Penn State

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think there were any new offers coming out, according to Brian Mohr on Hokiehaven. Coaches are a little tight on scholarship now that we have alot of kids already committed so they want to further evaluate kids in July.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the next prized OL left on our list that we have a decent chance with?

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With Stiney back focused on tackles, will we see a difference in the type of players we recruit? I assume we're sticking with Newsome's overall blocking scheme, but we've been extremely hit or miss (atleast compared to other positions) with Oline recruiting in the last 5 years.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think they probably want to look at both camps and then decide. I am sure they put an asterik by a few names after this camp.

yeah from what i hear they are going to wait until after the second camp, evaluate the 2 groups of campers, and offer the best of the 2 groups combined.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah from what i hear they are going to wait until after the second camp, evaluate the 2 groups of campers, and offer the best of the 2 groups combined.
I have heard that as well, with 12 commits already, there is potential for around 12 more to come in so space is starting to get a little tight. There are some big names on the board right now so it is smart to wait it out and see who will commit before offering more players from the camp right now that might commit on the spot.

On another note I heard we are in Kwinton Smith's top 5, competing against the big boys of the $EC...

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah he has suddenly become enamored with the 3-4 even though I still think with the size he has put on the last year, he would best be a 4-3 DE. Just seeing what Worilds did for us, playing in space and as a pass rush, you would think he would like that. I would love to see another Centreville kid play for VT since Beau Warren is leaving.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah he has suddenly become enamored with the 3-4 even though I still think with the size he has put on the last year, he would best be a 4-3 DE. Just seeing what Worilds did for us, playing in space and as a pass rush, you would think he would like that. I would love to see another Centreville kid play for VT since Beau Warren is leaving.

I heard we offered yet another DE? the name escapes me, any of you guys know anything?

FWIW and imo with the size he has added and 2 more years to grow before he sees the field in college i'd bet he ends up @ DE no matter the system. Teams will sell him LB now but tell him he has outgrown the position.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I heard we offered yet another DE? the name escapes me, any of you guys know anything?

FWIW and imo with the size he has added and 2 more years to grow before he sees the field in college i'd bet he ends up @ DE no matter the system. Teams will sell him LB now but tell him he has outgrown the position.
I have not seen anything showing that we offered another DE, but I only did a quick 5-10 min look around.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What is the best resource for seeing who the new offers have gone out to? Does the subscription side of hokiehaven.com have it or do most people just look through multiple sources to see who the latest offers are?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What is the best resource for seeing who the new offers have gone out to? Does the subscription side of hokiehaven.com have it or do most people just look through multiple sources to see who the latest offers are?

the sub side of hokiehaven has all that and more. HH is a wonderful source for all things VT. FWIW though if you use all the free resources and are pretty decent about putting things together you can figure most everything out for free.

like the commit over the wkend: My old lady saw it on twitter, i was outta town so i called a few friends who have rivals/scout/tsl/etc and they all told me it must be some bullshit. Then about ten minutes later they were all calling me back saying that it was true. In that case free stuff>pay stuff, but stuff usually breaks on the pay sites and then "leaks" within a couple hours or a day or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the sub side of hokiehaven has all that and more. HH is a wonderful source for all things VT. FWIW though if you use all the free resources and are pretty decent about putting things together you can figure most everything out for free.

like the commit over the wkend: My old lady saw it on twitter, i was outta town so i called a few friends who have rivals/scout/tsl/etc and they all told me it must be some bullshit. Then about ten minutes later they were all calling me back saying that it was true. In that case free stuff>pay stuff, but stuff usually breaks on the pay sites and then "leaks" within a couple hours or a day or something.
I may have to do the free 7 day trial of HH one of these days, if they still offer it...