• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Chris Brown or Josh Holsey?

If Holsey is a AU lean now, he won't be by the end of this coming season. I expect AU to have a .500 season at best.

Really I have no insight on him, I just know that UGA will need some DBs next year.

Holsey.

I have heard that Chris Brown has anger issues, just not this Chris Brown.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Chris Brown or Josh Holsey?

If Holsey is a AU lean now, he won't be by the end of this coming season. I expect AU to have a .500 season at best.

Really I have no insight on him, I just know that UGA will need some DBs next year.

Using that logic, I fully expect VT to land Josh Harvey-Clemons as we need LBs

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Holsey, I did read (on a UT board) that he was getting ready to commit to Auburn before getting so many more offers in the past few weeks.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
About Holsey, I did read (on a UT board) that he was getting ready to commit to Auburn before getting so many more offers in the past few weeks.
I have heard multiple things about Holsey. I heard he was a VT lean after Tookes committed, then I heard he was thinking about UT, then he was a lean to Auburn. I really don't think he even knows yet. I don't think VT is out of the mix though (just my personal opinion)

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three whole posts in the last 26 hours. Somebody feed my recruiting habit dagburnit. It's worse than crack

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
haha then I'll get a start on a conversation. Chances on Jarron Jones? We have a former team mate of his, Jerome Lewis, and Shanes on him.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think that we may have entered too late for J. Jones, however it doesn't hurt that we have Lewis on the roster and Shane recruiting him.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb
Kirven
Harris
K. Smith
Miles-Redmond
A. Smith (obviously)

Those are a few of the big names but other than the last three, they are high end recruits so they may take forever to actually commit.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that we may have entered too late for J. Jones, however it doesn't hurt that we have Lewis on the roster and Shane recruiting him.

Jerome Lewis on the roster......for now.....just my hunch, I have heard nothing to indicate otherwise. He has just fallen off the face of the planet and so much was expected of him so early.

I hope that I am wrong though.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He came in with the 2010 class I believe and took a red shirt. Hopefully we can see some production out of him this year with his redshirt year out of the way and TE being very thin.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

We have a very good chance with Jones. He likes the Hokies alot and should get a visit from Shane soon, and plans to visit in the next week or two. Some also believe he committed to PSU because he was sick of the recruiting process and may have rushed his decision. Getting him on campus will be big.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came in with the 2010 class I believe and took a red shirt. Hopefully we can see some production out of him this year with his redshirt year out of the way and TE being very thin.

I am only making an educated guess about Lewis based on a few things.

1. There have been rumors of some significant transfers, not currently playing.
2. His name has not been mentioned at all by the coaches. All ofthe interviews with positional coaches have mentioned just about everyone from that class, even the slight underachievers like Acree and McCray.
3. We brought in 4 tight ends last year, and one this year already. Reeves may be moved to receiver and Hall may get a snap or two at QB but the otherguys are all tight ends.
4. He is not on any depth chart that I have seen, not even the ones that go three deep.

I loved the kid and be has tons of skills and I hope that I am wrong but it is just a hunch at this point.

I reLly hope that I am wrong.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am only making an educated guess about Lewis based on a few things.

1. There have been rumors of some significant transfers, not currently playing.
2. His name has not been mentioned at all by the coaches. All ofthe interviews with positional coaches have mentioned just about everyone from that class, even the slight underachievers like Acree and McCray.
3. We brought in 4 tight ends last year, and one this year already. Reeves may be moved to receiver and Hall may get a snap or two at QB but the otherguys are all tight ends.
4. He is not on any depth chart that I have seen, not even the ones that go three deep.

I loved the kid and be has tons of skills and I hope that I am wrong but it is just a hunch at this point.

I reLly hope that I am wrong.

lewis played a few snaps in the spring scrimmages and spring game (he had one monster catch in the second scrimmage),seemed to me that he was our 4th TE ( Drager, martin/dunn, lewis ). Prob needs another year to get significant playing time imo.

FWIW: As far as significant transfers i wonder about Acree? He came in highly touted and cant be happy with where he's @ in his development + he's already buried on the depth chart and that "grave" is only going to get deeper with guys like harley and marshall coming in.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lewis played a few snaps in the spring scrimmages and spring game (he had one monster catch in the second scrimmage),seemed to me that he was our 4th TE ( Drager, martin/dunn, lewis ). Prob needs another year to get significant playing time imo.

FWIW: As far as significant transfers i wonder about Acree? He came in highly touted and cant be happy with where he's @ in his development + he's already buried on the depth chart and that "grave" is only going to get deeper with guys like harley and marshall coming in.
I think Acree is fine and will see the light come on eventually, I have not heard any buzz about him transferring out...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think Acree is fine and will see the light come on eventually, I have not heard any buzz about him transferring out...

IDK im just speculating. I would love for things to just suddenly start clicking for acree, but the problem is he basically came in as a blank slate as far as technique. Because of that he is now buried on the depth chart. Usually guys that far down the depth chart get very little time with the coaches because the coaches have to worry about the guys that can/will actually play. For a guy who needs a ton of tech work, not getting time with the coaches is your worst enemy. <-----FWIW i hope im majorly wrong but i just dont see it happening.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Caleb
Kirven
Harris
K. Smith
Miles-Redmond
A. Smith (obviously)

Those are a few of the big names but other than the last three, they are high end recruits so they may take forever to actually commit.

46- what about guys like crawley,baron, and motley, are they slipping some in your opinion or.......

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all this talk about Acree, it reminds me somewhat of Painter's progress. Is the light finally on for him now in your opinions?