• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:behindsofa: i think devin vandyke got offered

BTW am i missing something with clarke? Everything i have heard seemed like we had a very good shot (and fwiw im still hearing that from some) but everything on the MB's seems to imply we are losing ground with him.:noidea:
Where did you hear this? I checked with some of my "sources" and no one has confirmed this that I have seen. Did he get an offer and if so will he be a quick commit?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
could the cogdell kid play LB? looks like he would...6'3" seems a lil too tall for a RB or a FB.... looks like he would be an awesome project at LB....the Loyal kid is offered now?? that must mean wes brown and drew harris arent likely to come to hokieland...correct?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could the cogdell kid play LB? looks like he would...6'3" seems a lil too tall for a RB or a FB.... looks like he would be an awesome project at LB....the Loyal kid is offered now?? that must mean wes brown and drew harris arent likely to come to hokieland...correct?

He would be a LB on this level, but he could get some Keith Burnell time as well.

Harris and Brown are still very much in the picture, we are just casting a wide net and not waiting on anyone. I doubt we have much of a shot with any of the four new ones (minus Vandyke of course) as we offered late but we are getting out name out there in thes schools and challenging the states that try and take our guys, and are part of Shane's old territory. These may be more of a name drop for next year.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
and Mario Nixon is a Hokie :D :D :D

I guess it was not a full package deal.

I will take 2 B+ players over an A and a D

I actually starting hearing this right after the Moore commit, and heard that it was looking very good yesterday. When i heard there was one coming today the thought crossed my mind that it could be Nixon but i was kinda thinking it was a little soon. Anyway glad to have him on board, now lets lock up the other 1.

wish i'd have kept rivals, would love to see what whoVa fans are saying about this. From what i hear they were pretty sure of themselves after Wahee and Moore committed.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
glad to have nixon...really wanted sealand!!! now we need nixon to bring the last one along!!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The sealand thing blows my mind, i heard just the other day that he was narrowing his list ( we werent expecting to make it ) but prob wouldnt make a decision until right before the season. Im not sure if he ever had much interest in VT but IMO he looked like a stud on film.<----- wish we could have got him to visit.

FWIW: Beatty is really selling being the SEC door mat. Bet its the same speech as London uses @ whoVa " you can come here and make a difference" and " we already got whats his name from last year so with you we are going to win the SEC/ACC next year"

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you guys project Nixon to play at VT? If I'm not mistaken, UVa wanted him pretty badly as a WR.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he called UVa to tell them he was coming to VT, I wonder if he said "I am not a crook." LOL
richard-nixon6.jpg

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez. Anybody catch Sealand's comments about committing to Vandy?

“It was the best overall choice anyone could make, especially for myself,” Sealand told the AJC. “I’ve always put education first. I feel like with Vandy, I don’t have to settle for a sub-par education just to join a winning program.

“I feel like I can go to Vanderbilt, help turn the program around, and be a part of a winning team that will compete for SEC championships — along with getting a world-class education.”

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Where do you guys project Nixon to play at VT? If I'm not mistaken, UVa wanted him pretty badly as a WR.

There was talk early on in his recruitment about safety, but im pretty sure its all WR now.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez. Anybody catch Sealand's comments about committing to Vandy?

“It was the best overall choice anyone could make, especially for myself,” Sealand told the AJC. “I’ve always put education first. I feel like with Vandy, I don’t have to settle for a sub-par education just to join a winning program.

“I feel like I can go to Vanderbilt, help turn the program around, and be a part of a winning team that will compete for SEC championships — along with getting a world-class education.”

Sounds like the excuses of a kid who didn't want to compete with the big boys for playing time. Good luck to him. Maybe we will see him in a ....

....oh who am I kidding. He can vacation with Moore and Wahee, right after finals.