• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virgil Green Appreciation Thread

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He leaves to go to San Diego. He was ok, but I had hoped for more from him.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say that I'm disappointed. Virgil has been disappointing the fans for years. Time to move along. Let's get the Jake Butt era started ASAP. If anything, his name gives us endless joy.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virgil was always a really good run blocker and ok as a pass catcher but this past couple seasons he’s regressed at both.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill always remember the Virgil Green draft as a draft we needed a TE. The two I wanted were Virgil Green and Julius Thomas. We got both. Never expected Virgil to last until round 7. (Knee injury)

Julius had the bigger season but Virgil lasted longer. Good role player but it was time to move on.

What's up with the Chargers and Jaguars always signing our players?

Schofield
Okung
Franklin
Virgil
Beadles
Hayward
Malik Jackson
Julius Thomas

Jags still gotta add their bronco this year to keep the streak.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill always remember the Virgil Green draft as a draft we needed a TE. The two I wanted were Virgil Green and Julius Thomas. We got both. Never expected Virgil to last until round 7. (Knee injury)

Julius had the bigger season but Virgil lasted longer. Good role player but it was time to move on.

What's up with the Chargers and Jaguars always signing our players?

Schofield
Okung
Franklin
Virgil
Beadles
Hayward
Malik Jackson
Julius Thomas

Jags still gotta add their bronco this year to keep the streak.
FAs stay inside the division sometimes, which makes sense since the coaching staffs see these players twice a year for usually 4 or 5 years. Now, the Jags... I don't know. They're just trying to copy a successful team is my best guess.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAs stay inside the division sometimes, which makes sense since the coaching staffs see these players twice a year for usually 4 or 5 years. Now, the Jags... I don't know. They're just trying to copy a successful team is my best guess.

Sometimes? I''d say A LOT of times. At least in the AFC East a higher number than total, and the NFC East seems to have a lot of it going on too.

Not as much in the AFC West, but the Chargers do like our free agents.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry to see Virgil Green go - he did the nameless dirty work - instead of getting the pass catching opportunities for many seasons. He was a good teammate. I'll ask for the handshake and the autograph from Mr. Green.

I do look forward to the new era of TEs - which I hope go back to the future.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good Virgil memory was the game against the Raiders when we didn't need to score. Peyton Manning went up to the coaching staff begging for them to let him get Virgil Green his first career TD late in that game. To me Virgil is a great backup TE to have. He just didn't fit in with the direction we were looking to go at TE. If we had a more proven steady #1 TE then he had a chance, but we will need to bring in another TE and develop Butt so that really pushes Virgil out the door here.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he didn't work out. I liked the guy. Time to move on, I suppose.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO. He did "turn out" He did pretty darn well for a 7th round pick. One of the better blocking TE's in the NFL.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO. He did "turn out" He did pretty darn well for a 7th round pick. One of the better blocking TE's in the NFL.

Not turn out, work out. It's too bad that he didn't work out for us this year and ended up moving on.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think his role this year was too much to ask for him. He got his chance to start but really like I said before if we have a proven #1 TE he might still be here, but we need to go another direction now with no proven TE on the roster and Green really falls into no man's land with us. We need another TE to come in and we're still high on Butt, IMO but can't bank on him starting. Either need two young TE's to compete or bring in a vet and let him compete with Butt. Sorta pushes Green out the door because as you eluded to he didn't really "work out" as a starter, but he did turn out as a player in a certain role.