• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vinny Lecavalier Out At Least 3-4 More Weeks

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will be Brayden Schenn's time to step up - they're going to need him at center now - everyone else will need to step up as well

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will be Brayden Schenn's time to step up - they're going to need him at center now - everyone else will need to step up as well

I hate losing Vinny but B Schenn has looked great all season IMO. The only time he really seems to have a problem getting his game going is when the team takes early penalties because he doesn't PK at all. I'd love to see McGinn recalled to play with Schenn and Simmonds now, that would be one hell of a good physical cycling line(nothing against Raffl, I just see McGinn as a better fit with those 2). This does also give us a better look at both B Schenn and Cooter playing the all important half board swing man/quarter back for the 2nd PP unit. Also thankfully out "third" line has been playing some great hockey lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate losing Vinny but B Schenn has looked great all season IMO. The only time he really seems to have a problem getting his game going is when the team takes early penalties because he doesn't PK at all. I'd love to see McGinn recalled to play with Schenn and Simmonds now, that would be one hell of a good physical cycling line(nothing against Raffl, I just see McGinn as a better fit with those 2). This does also give us a better look at both B Schenn and Cooter playing the all important half board swing man/quarter back for the 2nd PP unit. Also thankfully out "third" line has been playing some great hockey lately.

My issue is Brayden Schenn's not really that strong on faceoffs, that would concern me more than his offense

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is Brayden Schenn's not really that strong on faceoffs, that would concern me more than his offense

A very valid point but you have to remember he's spent more time at W then C in the NHL thus far. Last season in the AHL he was pretty solid 50 some %, that isn't earth shattering or anything buy he was taking them regularly and holding his own. The thing that impressing me about B Schenn the most is that he's learning how to use his body to protect the puck while getting into the dirty areas and his passing has been vastly improved. He really is starting to remind me of Richie a bit.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very valid point but you have to remember he's spent more time at W then C in the NHL thus far. Last season in the AHL he was pretty solid 50 some %, that isn't earth shattering or anything buy he was taking them regularly and holding his own. The thing that impressing me about B Schenn the most is that he's learning how to use his body to protect the puck while getting into the dirty areas and his passing has been vastly improved. He really is starting to remind me of Richie a bit.

The key to faceoffs are to not outright lose them, if he can go 50-50 on the faceoff, it gives his linemates a chance to get the puck

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...with a non-displaced fracture in his back."

Ouch. :L