• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing for me is what do they do defensively? I mean if they would have lost 13 - 7 I would have been okay, the offense still has work to do and Cook will be back but at least the D will still be solid. BUT, how do you improve a D that was #1 in yards against and #1 in points against then completely shit themselves in the biggest game of their lives?

well, was it an anomaly or did Zim get figured out?

I saw some bitching about pass rush, but most of pass plays the ball was out in under 2 seconds. Eagles have good O line

Secondary, they torched Rhodes and Harrison, so if those two suddenly suck, we're screwed. Them both having bad game on same day in the most important game isn't good

so, in short, who knows

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D melted down on all levels Sunday so can we just chalk it up to everyone having a bad game at the worst possible moment? It was sooo bad, I was embarrassed watching it with family who were like "I thought you said your team was good":lol:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D melted down on all levels Sunday so can we just chalk it up to everyone having a bad game at the worst possible moment? It was sooo bad, I was embarrassed watching it with family who were like "I thought you said your team was good":lol:

The defensive issues in the Philly game revolved a lot more around the simple fact of it being an outdoor game than people have been realizing. As good as the defense has been on the whole, their worst outings were consistently on outdoor grass fields this season.

2018 Vikings points allowed outdoors against somewhat quality teams -

Week 2 @ Pittsburgh - 26
Week 10 @ Washington - 30
Week 14 @ Carolina - 31

The biggest difference between those regular season outdoors games and the Philly game was that the offense did absolutely NOTHING to bail out the defense's shortcomings this time, which in turn made things even harder on the defense. This team's defense is built to play 10+ games per year on carpet (8 home games + 1 Detroit game + additional away games) and thrive in indoor conditions. They were a speed defense that got exposed when playing a power based Philly offense outdoors along with Foles having the game of his life. Had the game been in Minnesota, I am willing to bet they would have played significantly better and made a game of it.

If they want to improve the defense, then Zimmer needs to come up with ways to make them perform better outdoors. I don't know how easy that will be when they play over half their games indoors. But they are always going to struggle against quality offenses outdoors regardless of how good they look indoors unless he targets that issue specifically and figure it out.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darrell Bevell? You've got to be fkn shittting me... we've been down that road before, and he was fired from both Minnesota and Seattle for very good reason. This team is once again in situation of being built to win-now, and they respond to the crushing NFC title loss in Philly by interviewing a Chilly era clown? They might as well call up Tarvaris Jackson and Ponder to come back as the QBs while they're at it.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is everyone rooting for in the Superbowl? I never thought I'd be saying I'd be pulling for the Patriots, but I will be now that they're against Philly. Yeah part of me is just bitter about the Vikings losing, but the way a lot of their fan base acts really annoys me. Throwing full beer cans at Vikings fans, hospitalizing a few of them when drunken Eagles fans sucker punched them, threatening some of the Vikings players' families at the games, mocking the "skol" chant as the game finished, etc.

I know that's not the majority of their fan base, but it's still overly trashy behavior from a fan base that historically doesn't have a good reputation. I'm hoping Brady and the Pats smack them up to ease the wounds a bit, at least. Philly is probably seriously the only NFC team that could have made me root for the Patriots instead... well, them and maybe the Saints.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is everyone rooting for in the Superbowl? I never thought I'd be saying I'd be pulling for the Patriots, but I will be now that they're against Philly. Yeah part of me is just bitter about the Vikings losing, but the way a lot of their fan base acts really annoys me. Throwing full beer cans at Vikings fans, hospitalizing a few of them when drunken Eagles fans sucker punched them, threatening some of the Vikings players' families at the games, mocking the "skol" chant as the game finished, etc.

I know that's not the majority of their fan base, but it's still overly trashy behavior from a fan base that historically doesn't have a good reputation. I'm hoping Brady and the Pats smack them up to ease the wounds a bit, at least. Philly is probably seriously the only NFC team that could have made me root for the Patriots instead... well, them and maybe the Saints.

I've never really hated NE and despite lost last sunday I don't really hate Philly, but I guess I'm pulling for NE

Really cement his legacy so we can at least taunt GB fans that Rodgers > Brady

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tired of NE winning, that being said not sure if I could ever root for Philly... in any sport

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tired of NE winning, that being said not sure if I could ever root for Philly... in any sport

I'm also sick of New England winning. However, at this point, it's not like one more Superbowl win will make or break their dynasty status, so it's not like Philly could disrupt that by winning. The fact that the Superbowl is being played in the Vikings' own stadium right after they got destroyed by Nick Foles doesn't help, either. So I'll begrudgingly root for New England in this one.

Last edited:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there were 12.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there were 12.

found myself pulling for the Pats, but in the end wasn't disappointed the Eagles won, their play yesterday validated our loss to them. They really executed on O yesterday and the D made the stops at the end when needed.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we got our oc

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how. All I've heard on the radio prior to today, is that we couldn't interview him for 10 days after the SB.... :scratch:

He might not be officially signed yet, but sounds like everything is in place

He's not under contract by Eagles for next year, so they couldn't deny/stop us

Very good hire

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how. All I've heard on the radio prior to today, is that we couldn't interview him for 10 days after the SB.... :scratch:

Actually vikings granted us permission, otherwise we would've had to wait until his contract was officially up

something like that, I dont know

He did coach on the browns, our lost OC that worked for Browns did well

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...what's he done that made him so attractive?

Wentz/Foles SB run

He was getting HC interviews, so he's obviously well thought of

Maybe we can get the RPO offense

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might not be officially signed yet, but sounds like everything is in place

He's not under contract by Eagles for next year, so they couldn't deny/stop us

Very good hire

Actually vikings granted us permission, otherwise we would've had to wait until his contract was officially up

something like that, I dont know

He did coach on the browns, our lost OC that worked for Browns did well

They couldn't deny us anyway, as long as the position is elevated from the one he was in.... that's a league rule. I'm just not certain of the timing is all...

However, are the Colts still considering interviewing the Eagles' head coach? If so, is there potential for DeFilippo to pull a McDaniels on us, if the Eagles offer him the OC position? If we don't have a signed contract, this could all become very muddied........ which is frightening in and of itself.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't deny us anyway, as long as the position is elevated from the one he was in.... that's a league rule. I'm just not certain of the timing is all...

However, are the Colts still considering interviewing the Eagles' head coach? If so, is there potential for DeFilippo to pull a McDaniels on us, if the Eagles offer him the OC position? If we don't have a signed contract, this could all become very muddied........ which is frightening in and of itself.

I thought that only applied if it was a HC position.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz/Foles SB run

He was getting HC interviews, so he's obviously well thought of

Maybe we can get the RPO offense

One could argue he had more to work with at QB during the season than Stefanski did.