• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Video tour of new ballpark

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone make it out to the opening of the park? It's a shame the weather has been so crappy.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 3,000 fans showed up last night.

I'm sure Mickey will write an article praising Luck for his vision to bring big time baseball to Morgantown.

Is Mickey still alive?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 3,000 fans showed up last night.

I'm sure Mickey will write an article praising Luck for his vision to bring big time baseball to Morgantown.

Is Mickey still alive?
He'll wait for the attendance to go back to normal and then write something about having an oversized ball park for a college team whose not a hotbed for baseball. Then he'll wait for the farm team or semi-pro team and rip the idea again.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Mickey wasn't the only one who thought this was a bad idea...where is our resident Mickey. Still haven't heard his thoughts on the 3 all-American wrestlers we are bringing in next season.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was down visiting my son today and went past the baseball field. Very impressive with the ability to expand if needed. It was late in the game and some people were leaving. I tried to get a glimpse of the scoreboard and thought it was a 8-0 score in favor of the good guys. There is still some construction on the roadway heading down, which I hope includes some parking. From what I could see, it is impressive. The stand alone building in some of the pictures is part of the WV Healthcare system.

For those who remember Sunnyside , they have built a dorm/housing with a parking garage across the street, on the Evansdale side of the Sunnyside Superette. The Sunnyside Superette is dying a slow death as this new facility has a Sheetz in it and seems to be inviting/relaxing. The Bullpen is delapitated and looks like it's ready to fall in. We ate a place downtown called Tailpipes, which wasn't bad for a burger joint. They are claiming to be a gourmet place and a student couldn't eat there everyday (about $9+ for a burger, fries, & small drink) as it would cut in too deep into the beer drinking money. There was a group in there from East Carolina's tennis team who mentioned that they beat our "B" team. Didn't even know we had a "B" team in tennis. Tennis?!?!

It's very impressive to see all the cranes in the air on both the Evansdale and Downtown campuses. The have built nice Lacrosse & soccer fields where St Francis Catholic School use to sit along with a nice student workout facility. But most of you already know this, at least those who are actually seeing what the Big 12 money is doing for the University.