• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vick reportedly not playing against us (YAY)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon presents the biggest mismatch. They are a different Defense than they were in the past. I'm wonder if they are put Nnamdi or DRC on him. I doubt they are really worried about Crabtree or Morgan beating their corners.

Bet they weren't worried about Victor Cruz, either...but lightning probably won't strike twice.

SportsGuy305

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vick did not break his hand he only bruised it, I think he will be able to play come Sunday.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounding like he does play. Brooks can take care of him with a nice shot, lol.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its better if Vick does play. He seems to be playing scared at the moment. I can see him fumbling the ball due to his injured hand at some point too.

SportsGuy305

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think its better if Vick does play. He seems to be playing scared at the moment. I can see him fumbling the ball due to his injured hand at some point too.
Vick hurt his right hand not his left hand (throwing hand). He usually tucks the ball away with his left hand so his fumble chances will stay the same even with his injury.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vick hurt his right hand not his left hand (throwing hand). He usually tucks the ball away with his left hand so his fumble chances will stay the same even with his injury.

The biggest challenge is probably going to be taking the snap. Definitely some possibility that will be harder for him, though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Kafka's a newbie so maybe he'd be playing scared and fumble the ball without as many positive plays. So I would rather have Vick out. But there are two things I like or want - I like that he's hurting (for the reasons you stated) and I want to know as soon as possible so we can prepare appropriately. The gamesmanship throws a wrench at some aspects of preparation. Vick runs more and Kafka may have different things to get him rattled.

SportsGuy305

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Kafka's a newbie so maybe he'd be playing scared and fumble the ball without as many positive plays. So I would rather have Vick out. But there are two things I like or want - I like that he's hurting (for the reasons you stated) and I want to know as soon as possible so we can prepare appropriately. The gamesmanship throws a wrench at some aspects of preparation. Vick runs more and Kafka may have different things to get him rattled.

Kafka came into the Giants game and threw 2 INTS, and has NO experience.

A 49ers fan does not want Vick to play over Kafka.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm aware of that. Does he catch the ball in the shotgun formation with just one hand?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The key to getting to Vick is two fold... The Niners need to win the battle for the LOS and they must keep contain on the edges... Applying pressure down the middle to prevent him from stepping up in the pocket to deliver his passes and making sure that he does not escape outside the pocket... Easier said than done though but the Eagles' O-Line is suspect at best and the Niners have one of the better ILB's combo in the league... Use Willis to spy on and shadow Vick to make sure he does not escape...

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kafka came into the Giants game and threw 2 INTS, and has NO experience.

A 49ers fan does not want Vick to play over Kafka.

Two picks on 50 yard throws. I don't think the Eagles would come out shooting down field like that, they were just desperate to get something started. Of his five incompletions on the season: 3 were 50+ yards, 1 dropped, 1 (? don't remember).

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know about a big week for Vernon. Eagles have been game planning specifically to take him away, and have been very effective.

They are so good at this kind of thing....in fact, I remember - think it was last year's game - they really took advantage of Smith's tendency toward VD, they would play off him and make him look open, baiting Smith into throwing there....then just jumped all over the route from multiple directions. It was beautiful to watch, in a way, how efficiently they prepared for and executed against Smith's weakness.

All that said, the coaching staff is 100% smarter now and won't play into the Eagles' hands......er, claws. They'll be able to see this stuff happening in real time and warn Smith IMO.