• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VANEK scratched...

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are they have something in the works and don't want to mess it up by him getting injured.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if it's Anaheim - moving Penner and acquiring Robidas, who is still out with a broken leg, makes me believe something else is in the works.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm wondering if it's Anaheim - moving Penner and acquiring Robidas, who is still out with a broken leg, makes me believe something else is in the works.

They would be banking everything on winning the cup this year then, especially given what you have stated. He wont resign, will test the FA market and likely end up in MN.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NHL Radio, all 3 Caligornia teams are after him. San Jose is offering the most (players and picks). Kings are in there too, but are not willing to give up Tofolli or Pearson to get the deal done.
The Ducks are offering first round picks and prospects.
Now if he does move to the Kings or any other team for that matter, what are the chances that he signs before becoming a UFA. From what I read he turned down a 7 year $50 million contract. That works out to just over $7 million per year.
For one Deanno does not like rental players and wants anyone who comes to play for the Kings to sign a long term deal. But if Vanek turned down $7 mill per year what is he looking for. I believe that Carter is the Hughes paid player right now and Kopitar has 2 years left on his contract after this year, so he is going to ask for a raise. So I just don't see Vanek in a Kings sweater.