• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Per Maiocco Per Twitter per Tomik:

Good day for a 49ers tight end . . . that would be Vance McDonald, who made outstanding catch vs. coverage of Antoine Bethea at sideline.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With Vernon's inability to extend his arms above his shoulders to catch a pass, it'd be nice to see Vance turn into a valuable red zone "jump ball" target.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good day for a 49ers tight end . . . that would be Vance McDonald, who made outstanding catch vs. coverage of Antoine Bethea at sideline.

:think:

Not sure if that makes me excited about Vance's potential development as a pass catcher, or worried about Bethea's potential ineptitude as a defender.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Word is he had two TDs in team work.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vance continues to look good:

Offensive Play of the Day

Kaepernick continues to show confidence in second-year tight end Vance McDonald. The two hooked up for an impressive sideline reception in the opening camp practice.

On Tuesday, McDonald hauled in a rifled seam route from the 49ers signal-caller.

Kaepernick launched a frozen rope 25 yards down the field to McDonald, who slipped inside of Antoine Bethea’s coverage in the opening 7-on-7 period.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vance continues to look good:

Offensive Play of the Day

Kaepernick continues to show confidence in second-year tight end Vance McDonald. The two hooked up for an impressive sideline reception in the opening camp practice.

On Tuesday, McDonald hauled in a rifled seam route from the 49ers signal-caller.

Kaepernick launched a frozen rope 25 yards down the field to McDonald, who slipped inside of Antoine Bethea’s coverage in the opening 7-on-7 period.

good......Vance can catch those bullets too, indicating good hands.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From Maiocco:

Tight end Vance McDonald got off to a good start with nice one-on-one pass blocking against Ahmad Brooks and Dan Skuta. In 7-on-7, McDonald made a nice catch 25 yards down the field on a bullet from Colin Kaepernick against the coverage of safety Antoine Bethea.

I know it's barely even preseason, but I'm getting excited about this offense. We've got a ton of weapons. Should be able to take some of the pressure off the D - and may need to.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are saying he has looked really good and looks like he different player. Thats good news for the 49ers.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he can be the Swiss Army knife that Delanie Walker was.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as the news we're hearing about the offense.... why am I reading Bethea getting beat again...again... and again.... :L

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as the news we're hearing about the offense.... why am I reading Bethea getting beat again...again... and again.... :L

I was thinking the same thing, I never thought of Bethea as a real cover safety though, just hope he doesn't get burned often when the games start to matter.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Maiocco:

Tight end Vance McDonald got off to a good start with nice one-on-one pass blocking against Ahmad Brooks and Dan Skuta. In 7-on-7, McDonald made a nice catch 25 yards down the field on a bullet from Colin Kaepernick against the coverage of safety Antoine Bethea.

I know it's barely even preseason, but I'm getting excited about this offense. We've got a ton of weapons. Should be able to take some of the pressure off the D - and may need to.

WILL need to.

we will be missing Bowman and Aldon for a time, two very top players.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance struggling with his hands:

Vance McDonald also continues to have trouble with drops. He couldn't hang onto a catchable pass early in practice, then couldn't come down with two seam-route throws in the end zone.

Granted, both were tough catches that were contested. But drops have been a theme of his training camp so far, and he didn't allay those concerns on Sunday.

Read more here: Training camp Day 9: Defense serves pancakes; another starter sent off field - 49ers - The Sacramento Bee

Sounds like Vance isn't just struggling with his hands, his pass blocking seems to suck right now.

"Earlier, the outside linebackers took turns rushing the passer against the tight ends. Fifth-round draft pick Aaron Lynch, who had been dealing with a hamstring injury, took part in the drill and showed his strength by burying tight end Vance McDonald. Lynch won the rematch as well."

A rookie with a hamstring problem burying him? Good thing he's the back up and can still learn how to block, hopefully.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like Vance isn't just struggling with his hands, his pass blocking seems to suck right now.

"Earlier, the outside linebackers took turns rushing the passer against the tight ends. Fifth-round draft pick Aaron Lynch, who had been dealing with a hamstring injury, took part in the drill and showed his strength by burying tight end Vance McDonald. Lynch won the rematch as well."

A rookie with a hamstring problem burying him? Good thing he's the back up and can still learn how to block, hopefully.

yep, a little disappointing for a 2nd rounder. its on Baalke for drafting him too early.

not expecting McDonald to be a top NFL TE today, but did expect his progress to be 'near starter'. we'll see his progress come pre-season games?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's looking like Vance will have a productive year this season.

It's probably not reasonable to expect a good statistical year considering he's the 5th in the pecking order of who you want to get the ball too but on the flip side that will mean he'll draw weaker coverage so I believe he will have a lot of chances to contribute and be effective when he is in there.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's looking like Vance will have a productive year this season.

It's probably not reasonable to expect a good statistical year considering he's the 5th in the pecking order of who you want to get the ball too but on the flip side that will mean he'll draw weaker coverage so I believe he will have a lot of chances to contribute and be effective when he is in there.

yes, as long as he doesn't drop it.