• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance Mcdonald-6'4/267

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was this guy just flying under the radar? Everything I've read on him points to him being solid in just about every aspect. I'm kind of excited to see what he can do on Sundays...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I kind of ignored him because I wanted Hankins so badly. But I'm happy the Niners got a big TE. They need a guy with some power IMO.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if you are being sarcastic, but I think that's a pretty nice plus. It could save us a roster spot that Jennings has been holding for two decades.

You don't want your long snapper to do anything other than long snap. if he gets injured in a game you are screwed on FGs and punts. Ask the Giants how that works out trying to find a long snapper when yours is injured.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't want him to be Gronk or Graham in 2013, although I certainly wouldn't complain, I just hope he can fill Delanie's shoes as a very good blocker and the guy who gets forgotten about in coverage.

Imac always says it and I agree with him, but Delanie was a big contributor when it came to blocking and all the little things like special teams.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Walker played in 55% of the snaps. He was an enormous part of the offense, and he came up huge in the SuperBowl. I was upset when the Titans signed him.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want your long snapper to do anything other than long snap. if he gets injured in a game you are screwed on FGs and punts. Ask the Giants how that works out trying to find a long snapper when yours is injured.

Hmmm, 'tis a point I hadn't considered. You've given me much to ponder, sir. Much indeed.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker played in 55% of the snaps. He was an enormous part of the offense, and he came up huge in the SuperBowl. I was upset when the Titans signed him.

Seems like the Titans have had a pretty decent off season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wanted Lacy bad. Thought there was no way he would fall that far. Ball even fell past our pick. I dunno. I'm irritated we didn't pick Lacy but at the same time I can't be that mad considering there is usually a reason our front office lets these players pass. I will give Baalke the benefit of the doubt.:wtf2:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He fits the Walker mold and you can argue with his physical attributes he has a chance to do the Joker role better than Walker.

The only downer with him is his questionable hands and after dealing with Walker's hands these past couple of years the thought of having another guy catch key passes and drop key passes isn't comforting.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He totally fits our offense. Extremely versatile. From what I've read because he played the slot until last year he is inexperienced at in line blocking. But he's eager to learn and is a big strong boy. He and Kelce by most accounts, including Mayock, felt were the last 2 guys at that tier. This pick is really growing on me.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His size should make for nice end zone target we've been missing

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Vance McDonald could make or break this season for the Niners IMO. the #2 TE was huge need, and they went with a big guy. I'm betting they were thinking they wanta guy who's going to block first & catch passes 2nd, but he needs work in that area.

I like McDonald's potential as a big, tough, Harbaugh kind of TE who's tall & has long arms & a good vertical. But the Niners are going to need production from him sooner than anyone else in the draft class not named Eric Reid IMO.