• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Value of Cobb - 2014

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10tm standard, 2-4 Keepers, value is where you picked them, FAs = last round pick

stashed Cobb when he was dropped earlier in the season cause I had the bench space. Also got lucky and grabbed LeVeon Bell off waivers in the beginning of the year, when the owner that drafted him got too impatient to wait on his return to health.

Currently going with McCoy(1st rd), Bell(16th rd), Marshall(2nd rd), Bryant(3rd rd) as my keepers

Is there any way in hell that I should let go of Marshall or Bryant to keep Cobb at a 16th rd value?

That would free up my 3rd round pick, and I already have an extra 5th round pick from trading Megatron before 2013 season.

So my draft would look something like this:

McCoy
Marshall/Bryant - which ever stays
3rd Rd - best available RB
4th Rd - best available RB/WR
5th Rd - best available WR
5th Rd - TE
6th Rd - QB - unless someone falls that I think will be great
blah blah blah
15th Rd - L Bell
16th Rd - Cobb

For my 3rd WR (if I keep Cobb) I think I would have a legit shot at redrafting Marshall/Bryant with my first or 2nd pick.

Or should I just roll with my stud WRs, and try to target Cobb with one of my 5th round picks? (unless there is some insane value out there, I will take a 3rd RB with my 4th round pick for my flex spot starter)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My own preference would be Cobb and hope for the best on the Draft. If Dallas is going to insist on keeping Garret, Dec isn't going to be measurably better than he is right now, and with Jeffery emerging alongside Marshall, I don't see him being the target monster he used to be.

In reality there's no wrong way to go here, all 3 ate very good WR#1's, I just see more room for added value with Cobb than I do the others who are about peaked out where they are now.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My own preference would be Cobb and hope for the best on the Draft. If Dallas is going to insist on keeping Garret, Dec isn't going to be measurably better than he is right now, and with Jeffery emerging alongside Marshall, I don't see him being the target monster he used to be.

In reality there's no wrong way to go here, all 3 ate very good WR#1's, I just see more room for added value with Cobb than I do the others who are about peaked out where they are now.

you gave valid points for dropping both Marshall and Dez, which would be your preference to keep as a 2nd round pick?

Or are you suggesting that I drop both Marshall and Dez, freeing up my 2nd rd pick as well? Should be the first or second pick in the redraft. I don't think too many owners will have their #1 pick not used on a keeper, if any.

If that is the case, then I also have the options of keeping Gio Bernard (rd8), Gronk (rd5), Garcon (rd6), Vereen (FA, so rd14 if I keep Bell and Cobb). I can also dangle Dez and Marshall out there for draft picks or other keepers with better value. Just trying not to close any doors and will probably change my mind a million times before next season, just like I have in all of the previous years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id roll the dice and keep cobb as your late round pick, you should be able to get something comparable to those two in that position anyways and this way you lock up cobb, its a gamble, but i like the chances

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I'd keep Cobb in round 16 over Marshall in the 2nd... due to Alshon's coming.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Cobb for a 16th over Marshall for a 2nd all day. Marshall is an incredible WR but not worth a 2nd IMO. Dez for a 3rd is ok at best, especially in a ten team league.