• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

V Nets

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this was the first game that I actually got to watch live this year and it was pretty bad. I mean, it was ridiculously horrible. The guys were consistently getting late into the shot clock and just throwing up hail marys to the rim. Enes was able to knock a few down early. The Nets were daring Jamal to shoot, laying way off of him. He shot and missed by and large. Favors still looks raw to me and I doubt he will ever be a go-to guy in the paint. Hayward looked okay, but not like a 15 million dollar a year man to me. We turn the ball over with abandon. People look lost. There was a lot of emphasis on defense in training camp and preseason, but one couldn't tell by this game.

In short, I don't think Im missing too much by not catching the live games. Our PG play is really horrible. When Trey gets into the game, Ill be more interested and start setting the DVR. We need some kind of general out there, so best to get his development going.

The only fun I found myself having was when Rudy Gobert was in the game. He didn't do a lot, but you can see how awesome he could be. The kid just dwarfs everyone. My son and I were laughing, making in game commentary with a french accent with his every move.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this was the first game that I actually got to watch live this year and it was pretty bad. I mean, it was ridiculously horrible. The guys were consistently getting late into the shot clock and just throwing up hail marys to the rim. Enes was able to knock a few down early. The Nets were daring Jamal to shoot, laying way off of him. He shot and missed by and large. Favors still looks raw to me and I doubt he will ever be a go-to guy in the paint. Hayward looked okay, but not like a 15 million dollar a year man to me. We turn the ball over with abandon. People look lost. There was a lot of emphasis on defense in training camp and preseason, but one couldn't tell by this game.

In short, I don't think Im missing too much by not catching the live games. Our PG play is really horrible. When Trey gets into the game, Ill be more interested and start setting the DVR. We need some kind of general out there, so best to get his development going.

The only fun I found myself having was when Rudy Gobert was in the game. He didn't do a lot, but you can see how awesome he could be. The kid just dwarfs everyone. My son and I were laughing, making in game commentary with a french accent with his every move.

Sounds fun. :)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad they didn't get Hornacek instead of Corbin. Not the best guy but neither is Corbin. I think you guys understand how I want somebody from the past. I want someone who will win more than just a familiar face, but I'm just saying out of those two.

I think it might be too late for Jerry Sloan to come back. He's already with the team but not in that capacity and would just look bad to come. It would seem like he was there for that exact purpose. Kind of like how Jay Leno came back to the Tonight Show after Conan O'Brien (sp?). We may just stick with Corbin all the way through. I will be upset if I hear news about an extension before the off-season. He's not going anywhere if we don't do that. So there's no rush.

Having said that, I will feel bad if Corbin goes through these rebuilding years getting everything in line and then someone else takes over and wins. But the winning will take care of that. ;) I felt that was what happened in San Francisco with Alex Smith and Kaepernick. Even if it is accepted that Kaepernick is better, he did take over a pretty good team. Smith is still my favorite player.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds fun. :)

I can just imagine you sitting in the corner watching them. Smiling with your hands together. Creepy. Just kidding.