• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Basketball

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Kawhi Leonard and now Kevin Love have pulled out. Bummer. KD and Anthony Davis are going to have to do some serious heavy lifting. Spain in Spain is gonna be really tough

These guys should play. I hate the injury excuse. You can get injured in an offseason workout. It's actually more beneficial to play. I've noticed the guys that played in the 08 Olympics, 2010 WC, and 2012 Olympics all generally played very well that upcoming season, especially at the start. Why? Because the tournament actually gets them into shape a month earlier than normal so they enter the NBA season sharp.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard is the only one I excuse because he played into June.

The other 3 can kiss my ass

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im going to the game in Chicago against brazil. funny that they advertised love on the commercials on the radio. embarrassing that these guys say no imo. rose had the best yr of his career after fiba and Durant stepped it up a level after fiba and the Olympics. the work load isn't crazy. I think it keeps them in game shape more than anything

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can't hurt your game to play competitive basketball a little more than a month before camp opens.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Basketball will never be as popular as Soccer on the national scale. It's a honor and PRIVILEGE to play for your country in the World Cup, but when it comes to basketball players will sit out for the stupidest reasons.

Players should be lining up to play, not making excuses not to. Ugh. (and Im not a big soccer fan)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Basketball will never be as popular as Soccer on the national scale. It's a honor and PRIVILEGE to play for your country in the World Cup, but when it comes to basketball players will sit out for the stupidest reasons.

Players should be lining up to play, not making excuses not to. Ugh. (and Im not a big soccer fan)

Exactly. It should be an honor to represent your country but these guys clearly does not see it that way. What a damn shame.

I honestly wouldn't invite any of them who came up with lame excuses ( Blake, LA, & Love) to the Olympics. You cannot commit and drop out. If that's the case just do what Lebron/Melo been doing lately which is to not commit to the FIBA tourney and just commit to the Olympics. It looks really bad when you commit then drop out

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard is the only one I excuse because he played into June.

The other 3 can kiss my ass

I don't really give Leonard a pass for that. He's what, 22? He's got energy for days. Most of his peers spend all summer barnstorming anyway. But there should be enough left to fill his void between KD, Paul George, and even Chandler Parsons.

Losing the bigs hurts the most. We need them to battle the Gasols and Ibaka against Spain, especially Love. Love was a key piece of the 2010 and 2012 teams. While the KDs/Lebrons/Kobes got most of the spotlight, Love did all the dirty work with rebounds, outlets, and facilitating the offense through the post. Davis made a leap this year so hopefully he can replace that but we're still gonna need big contributions from replacements like Andre Drummond and Boogie Cousins

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really disappointed in Love. This just shows he can't handle the spotlight being on him. I hope he doesn't plan on coming to NYC or LA when he is a free agent. If you can't handle a little questioning about your future before the team head over to Spain, how the hell do you expect to handle the media in NYC or LA for 7+ months every season?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really disappointed in Love. This just shows he can't handle the spotlight being on him. I hope he doesn't plan on coming to NYC or LA when he is a free agent. If you can't handle a little questioning about your future before the team head over to Spain, how the hell do you expect to handle the media in NYC or LA for 7+ months every season?

Some players don't seem to want that big spotlight on them - Dwight Howard was one of them in my opinion and couldn't get out of Los Angeles fast enough. If that is Love's feelings, then he would be miserable in Los Angeles. Los Angeles fans asked D'antoni in the first week he coached the Lakers if he even taught the players defense and knew what defense was? I had never seen D'antoni get pissed like that - but in Los Angeles - the fans will get ugly real fast and put all of the lights on you.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curry and beal should have a field day from 3

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it disappointing how little national pride our US athletes have going into these international competitions.

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Contract

I do not blame Kevin Love one bit, if he was to suffer a injury, he would get paid for the rest of his current contract which ends after next season. If the injury was serious enough would USA basketball compensate him for the money that he would be losing...I think not!!!!!!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some media members believed he did it because he thought it would be a distraction to the team. Like you said "be in the spotlight"

The only questions that should asked are ones about the upcoming FIBA games. Besides, what can he answer about the possible trade situation that isn't already currently known?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just realized his contract would be expiring next year 2 weeks ago? That injury excuse because he's entering the last year of a contract is beyond stupid because he always knew he would be entering the last year of contract before he committed to the team

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many countries have organized basketball compared to Soccer?

Playing in the FIBA world cup games pales in comparison to the Olympics when it comes to playing for your country.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda torn on this team USA deal. I think D Rose has two ticking timebombs as knees and would prefer he does not waste games with this team USA deal. I really dont care who wins a gold medal, would almost prefer going back to amateurs playing these games.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many countries have organized basketball compared to Soccer?

Playing in the FIBA world cup games pales in comparison to the Olympics when it comes to playing for your country.

FIFA World Cup is so big because Soccer is the only sport the entire world can play on a competitive level. After that you have a drop off with countries that can play Hockey and Baseball. Then another drop off for Basketball.

Soccer is just the easier sport for anyone to play. All it requires is a ball you can kick around. We suck at it here in America because we started Football and made it our sport while the rest of the world was getting into Soccer. How that happened? Who knows....

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Exactly. I can excuse only a couple of examples: 1) a guy is seriously battling injuy type issues, or 2) a guy has done it already (maybe once maybe twice, etc...) and has fulfilled both dreams and obligations.

I fucking hate this new generation of pussified sense of entitlement players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1