• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread's on pace to hit the 10,000 post limit and get locked

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
64 is 8 squared.

That has to mean something.

DUgvTCRVwAAdEv1.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked that I agree with Droider here.
Oh don't worry, if Ohio State loses a couple of games he'll be back to mocking and laughing at you. It's what he does.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread's on pace to hit the 10,000 post limit and get locked
Is that actually still a thing? :noidea:

The limits that had hammer locking threads after 10k were years ago on vbulletin. xenforo doesn't have any of those issues. I think most people just end them at 10k out of habit. I'd love to see a thread hit 100k.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The limits that had hammer locking threads after 10k were years ago on vbulletin. xenforo doesn't have any of those issues. I think most people just end them at 10k out of habit. I'd love to see a thread hit 100k.
WECAN-DO-THIS.png

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still kind of torn by what we know.

It isn't a question of right or wrong or should he be fired, but rather will he be fired for what amounts to no direct evidence he actually did something. You have a reporter getting texts that were sent out to wives and that's about it. Sure, we can all agree that if that happened there is zero chance Urban didn't know about it. There isn't a wife alive that can actually keep their trap shut if they are asked to, more or less would they for something like this. But is that likelihood really enough?

On the one hand schools often make decisions based on public opinion, or rather to stave off worsening public relation nightmares.

And of course he's one of the most successful coaches in the game. Can you really not take the public relations hit?

Makes for some outstanding drama and helps fill in quite nicely this little gap before live college football. So there's that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come our 'state' colleges don't come up with great coffee table chat like the B1G's do? :noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't a question of right or wrong or should he be fired, but rather will he be fired for what amounts to no direct evidence he actually did something. You have a reporter getting texts that were sent out to wives and that's about it. Sure, we can all agree that if that happened there is zero chance Urban didn't know about it. There isn't a wife alive that can actually keep their trap shut if they are asked to, more or less would they for something like this. But is that likelihood really enough?

On the one hand schools often make decisions based on public opinion, or rather to stave off worsening public relation nightmares.

And of course he's one of the most successful coaches in the game. Can you really not take the public relations hit?

Makes for some outstanding drama and helps fill in quite nicely this little gap before live college football. So there's that.

That’s exactly why they did the right thing and put him on leave, they go through their investigation even though there is really nothing to sort out with no direct evidence. He lied to the media so they will take a little hit but not much. They suspend him for 3-4 games, even though realistically you shouldnt be suspended at all. It helps his case this Courtney chick and her husband dont have a very good past and she is basically a crazy drunk that has been caught many times in lies. We will see though

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't a question of right or wrong or should he be fired, but rather will he be fired for what amounts to no direct evidence he actually did something. You have a reporter getting texts that were sent out to wives and that's about it. Sure, we can all agree that if that happened there is zero chance Urban didn't know about it. There isn't a wife alive that can actually keep their trap shut if they are asked to, more or less would they for something like this. But is that likelihood really enough
Keep in mind that this is a school that is also being scrutinized for a former wrestling coach pressuring athletes to not pursue charges of sexual abuse by a team doctor. The optics for Ohio State couldn't be much worse. So the likelihood they do nothing is pretty small, I would think. They need to do something to shake the impression that theirs is an athletic department utterly lacking a conscience.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that this is a school that is also being scrutinized for a former wrestling coach pressuring athletes to not pursue charges of sexual abuse by a team doctor. The optics for Ohio State couldn't be much worse. So the likelihood they do nothing is pretty small, I would think. They need to do something to shake the impression that theirs is an athletic department utterly lacking a conscience.
That's part of what makes this so fascinating. There are so many levels to it, but at the end of the day one of the top coaches in the game is more or less going to have his fate decided by public relation lawyers more than factually based merits.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The night shift threads are the closest we get to that limit anymore and they get locked around then so I think so.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the patio fasahked up. Kinda cross eyed. Urbs get fired yet?

You’re making mojitios at home?

For fuck’s sake, son, stop worrying about what we think of you and just tell us about your fabulous drapes and throw pillows.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She gave copies of the texts with Urbs wife and other coaches wives to the journalist. He quotes Urbs wife texts in his article sympathizing with victim and saying she'll tell Urbs about it.

Stay in denial.

I am not denying anything. I am saying I am not willing to convict someone on hearsay from someone who may have ulterior motives.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hammer was three and a half cunts all by himself.