• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Update. Vick's hand bruised not broken might play sunday

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Vick of Philadelphia Eagles' hand bruised, not broken, Andy Reid says - ESPN

Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid said Monday that Michael Vick's hand is not broken, as the team said it was Sunday, and the quarterback is day to day.

NFC East blog

Graziano ESPN.com's Dan Graziano writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

***8226; Blog network: NFL Nation

Reid said at his news conference Monday that a CT scan revealed that Vick has a contusion that is causing his non-throwing hand to be swollen and sensitive to the touch. X-rays taken during the game had showed that Vick's hand might have been fractured.

The Eagles (1-2) host the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday. Reid said Vick's status for the game is uncertain and that he would be evaluated during the week.

Vick was knocked out of Sunday's game vs. the New York Giants -- a 29-16 loss -- on a hard shot in the third quarter by Giants defensive tackle Chris Canty after the quarterback completed a 23-yard pass to Jeremy Maclin.

"I was trying to protect myself," Vick said Sunday, referrring to Canty's hit. "Still didn't get a flag and that's pretty much been the story for the last three weeks. I mean, obviously at some point something catastrophic is going to happen and I broke my hand."

It appeared on replays that Canty hit Vick in the face mask with his helmet. Vick, who throws with his left hand, sat on the ground, lifted his helmet off slightly before getting helped up by a teammate and an official.

"Looking at the replays, I'm on the ground every time, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated," Vick said. "The refs have got to do their jobs. And I mentioned it to the refs in training camp when I talked to them. I'm on the ground constantly, all the time. Every time I throw the ball, I'm on the ground. And I don't know why I don't get the 15-yard flags like everybody else does."

It was the second straight week Vick was forced to leave a game due to an injury. The previous week he left a loss to the Atlanta Falcons with a concussion.

Information from ESPN.com NFC East blogger Dan Graziano was used in this report.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd rather have Vick play, and then ding up his hand even more, and then have them put in Mike Kafka. That way Kafka may not be as prepared.

We can beat Kafka that guy sucks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Vick's hand not broken

It's bruised. I think I heard the guy say he'll probably play VS the Niners.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rough him up a bit and there's a good chance he'll get jumpy as he did this week.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rough him up a bit and there's a good chance he'll get jumpy as he did this week.

C'mon, they couldn't even touch a QB with a busted rib and punctured lung who couldn't move. How are they gonna even lay a glove on Vick? My guess is they will just sit back in the hopes of preventing him from running while he picks them apart with his speedy receivers.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That broken rib and punctured lung happened very early and they touched him a lot after that. Just sayin.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
C'mon, they couldn't even touch a QB with a busted rib and punctured lung who couldn't move. How are they gonna even lay a glove on Vick? My guess is they will just sit back in the hopes of preventing him from running while he picks them apart with his speedy receivers.

Vick isn't as quick in terms of decision-making or release as Romo is. And his OL has been struggling lately. They'll have their chances.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of who is playing im still waiting to see some more blitz packages from fangio.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

It wasn't that we weren't getting to Romo it's we just gave up too many big passing plays. The first drive was really the only good solid drive the Cowboys had the entire game and most of their points came from big chunk passing plays like the Brock slip, The Austin over Williams catch, and the secondary biting hard on the play action in OT.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vick isn't as quick in terms of decision-making or release as Romo is. And his OL has been struggling lately. They'll have their chances.

As much bad press as our OL gets, the Eagles just may have a worse OL.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about DeSean Jackson. It seems like we can never stop that guy. Our chances of winning with Vick in the game are 75-25. Without Vick i think it's more like 50-50.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u know seeing vick grab his head after getting hit and moving his hand around makes me wonder if it is actually a concussion and not his hand.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
eagles have a much better line. just peters alone makes it better

They're a team you can't stack the box against, because they're deep in lethal weapons and their offensive philosophy is beating you on the outside with their speed. Per ESPN, 29.3 % of the time, Vick is under duress or sacked with ranks highest in the league.

Please explain why you think the Niners' offensive line is better?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eagles have a much better line. just peters alone makes it better

Yeah, but there other spots are questionable. It doesn't help that Vick holds on to the ball longer than any other QB besides Big Ben possibly.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It wasn't that we weren't getting to Romo it's we just gave up too many big passing plays. The first drive was really the only good solid drive the Cowboys had the entire game and most of their points came from big chunk passing plays like the Brock slip, The Austin over Williams catch, and the secondary biting hard on the play action in OT.[/QUOTE]

I don't know; It seemed to me that Jason Witten was running free on every play as was Miles Austin.