• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN CARDIOLOGIST QUESTIONS FLAWED DATA RELIED ON BY BIG TEN TO CANCEL SEASON

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players and parents sign releases that they won't sue in the unfortunate chance of any permanent injury (neck, spine, knee, concussion, hip, etc..

Not sure how this is any different.

I signed a Covid release in June so my boy could attend weight room workouts for football. I signed another in July when fall practice began.
They've been through 7-on-7's with other schools through July and have been in 2-a-days for the last 8 days.

He/We can opt out at any time.

My daughter and I also signed a Covid release so she can participate in marching band. They've had 100 members in their marching band out on the field going through their motions, within 3 feet of each other, for a month now. Try playing a clarinet with a mask on.

Injuries are inevitable in the game of football. Playing during a pandemic is avoidable.

If players wanted to sign away any and all responsibility to the school -- I guarantee they'd have a season. As I said -- IF something crazy happened and a kid contracts Covid and dies, the parents would sue for 9 figures. Take away that risk of liability from the school and they will have no issue having a season.

And high school or small colleges are completely different stories. The biggest HS will have what -- 5,000 students. UM has 50,000 students. And HS kids are in a single building and live at home with mom and dad. College kids go all over the place for class, they also have freedom to come and go as they please. (Disregard if you are talking about college with your kids)

Personally -- I think they should be playing. I think this is ridiculous the way things have been handled. That being said -- I understand the liability aspect schools have to deal with.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an ignorant moron.
images

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin Urban Meyer. He gave people the idea of using a heart problem. This is all his fault

we haven't a good blame Urban Meyer thread for awhile

He’s going to be the reason they ban Zoom if he’s not careful.