• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN CARDIOLOGIST QUESTIONS FLAWED DATA RELIED ON BY BIG TEN TO CANCEL SEASON

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University Of Michigan Cardiologist Questions Flawed Data Relied On By Big Ten To Cancel Season

“If we as a profession are happy to retweet gibberish, we can’t blame universities, sports associations and governments for talking nonsense,” Francis said about the paper in question.

Murthy concludes the paper being used by the Big Ten shouldn’t have been used. “Bad statistics and lots of moderate to severe effusions, LGE, etc in their controls means to me it is a paper that we should put little stock in this paper, regardless,” he wrote on Twitter.

Professor Francis agrees: “Yes, I do think we should disregard it for now. The lead author did message me after my thread. I recommended they temporarily retract it pending changes, because otherwise it would keep misleading people.”

Earlier this week, Outkick’s Dr. David Chao addressed the myocarditis study divide between the Big Ten and the SEC.

7) Why after six months of prevalence in the USA is the heart issue only to come to light now?
Big Ten: We always were aware of myocarditis risk but a key study published just two weeks ago in the major medical publication Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) alerts us that a whopping 78% of patients had myocardial inflammation. This study can’t be ignored.

SEC: Yes, we read JAMA too but that study involved patients whose youngest age was 45, used cardiac MRI and was only an imaging study. In other words, it was a much older demographic with MRI findings of questionable clinical significance.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where this might become problematic.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin Urban Meyer. He gave people the idea of using a heart problem. This is all his fault

we haven't a good blame Urban Meyer thread for awhile

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University Of Michigan Cardiologist Questions Flawed Data Relied On By Big Ten To Cancel Season

“If we as a profession are happy to retweet gibberish, we can’t blame universities, sports associations and governments for talking nonsense,” Francis said about the paper in question.

Murthy concludes the paper being used by the Big Ten shouldn’t have been used. “Bad statistics and lots of moderate to severe effusions, LGE, etc in their controls means to me it is a paper that we should put little stock in this paper, regardless,” he wrote on Twitter.

Professor Francis agrees: “Yes, I do think we should disregard it for now. The lead author did message me after my thread. I recommended they temporarily retract it pending changes, because otherwise it would keep misleading people.”

Earlier this week, Outkick’s Dr. David Chao addressed the myocarditis study divide between the Big Ten and the SEC.

7) Why after six months of prevalence in the USA is the heart issue only to come to light now?
Big Ten: We always were aware of myocarditis risk but a key study published just two weeks ago in the major medical publication Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) alerts us that a whopping 78% of patients had myocardial inflammation. This study can’t be ignored.

SEC: Yes, we read JAMA too but that study involved patients whose youngest age was 45, used cardiac MRI and was only an imaging study. In other words, it was a much older demographic with MRI findings of questionable clinical significance.

Q: 7) Why after six months of prevalence in the USA is the heart issue only to come to light now?

A: Because the Big 10 is using the virus as a political weapon.
Those making the decisions are not effected by the job losses and the 10's of $millions in economic damage to small businesses done by cancelling the season.
They're hoping people will blame POTUS come November 3rd.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The B10 failed because they acted early for no reason. The whole point of all of this was to get to the start of the season and see where we were at. And shortly after they canceled last week, that saliva test got approved by the FDA which provides cheap, quick and fairly accurate testing. Kids could have been tested every single day for less than they were paying and planning to do the two tests a week.

Ultimately, had they waited until the week before games and said it was too dangerous - that's one thing. But canceling 3-4 weeks out was just dumb, especially just days after they announced an alternate schedule

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: 7) Why after six months of prevalence in the USA is the heart issue only to come to light now?

A: Because the Big 10 is using the virus as a political weapon.
Those making the decisions are not effected by the job losses and the 10's of $millions in economic damage to small businesses done by cancelling the season.
They're hoping people will blame POTUS come November 3rd.

They will be affected by the job losses if the other 3 P5 conferences pull off their season bc they all should lose theirs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B10 failed because they acted early for no reason.

^^^This right here^^^

There was no logical reason to shut it down now. No one was having outbreaks and there was plenty of time to see how things go and shut it down later if necessary.

In fact, the only cfb team that I heard of that has had issues is Oklahoma and theirs happened after the players were able to go home for a few days.

Like Sankey said in an interview I heard, they have a plan that they feel confident can work, but they are prepared to "pivot quickly" if they need to.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This right here^^^

There was no logical reason to shut it down now. No one was having outbreaks and there was plenty of time to see how things go and shut it down later if necessary.

In fact, the only cfb team that I heard of that has had issues is Oklahoma and theirs happened after the players were able to go home for a few days.

Like Sankey said in an interview I heard, they have a plan that they feel confident can work, but they are prepared to "pivot quickly" if they need to.
There was absolutely no benefit to acting early.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B10 failed because they acted early for no reason. The whole point of all of this was to get to the start of the season and see where we were at. And shortly after they canceled last week, that saliva test got approved by the FDA which provides cheap, quick and fairly accurate testing. Kids could have been tested every single day for less than they were paying and planning to do the two tests a week.

Ultimately, had they waited until the week before games and said it was too dangerous - that's one thing. But canceling 3-4 weeks out was just dumb, especially just days after they announced an alternate schedule

Yep, fucking idiots

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin Urban Meyer. He gave people the idea of using a heart problem. This is all his fault

we haven't a good blame Urban Meyer thread for awhile

Where's Zach Smith when you need him

The good old days. That your wife receiver coach was a drunken wife abuser

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Zach Smith when you need him

The good old days. That your wife receiver coach was a drunken wife abuser

Probably having angry sex with his ex wife. Those two seemed like the type of crazies that would keep going back to each other

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was absolutely no benefit to acting early.

I will say that they shut it down early enough that they can start things back up again if they change their mind.

I don't think they will, but they could.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be affected by the job losses if the other 3 P5 conferences pull off their season bc they all should lose theirs

Most of these university presidents fart dust, are very well off, and will just retire.

Warren may be a different story.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM parents have joined the letter writing campaign

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The silver lining to delaying the season to January is that it would allow for a death bowl to the dumb AF bowl system. What other sport decides its championship in such a stupid format? After the spring season lets have a playoff ala NCAA basketball. For those that don't make the tourney can do invite only post-season ala the NIT.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The silver lining to delaying the season to January is that it would allow for a death bowl to the dumb AF bowl system. What other sport decides its championship in such a stupid format? After the spring season lets have a playoff ala NCAA basketball. For those that don't make the tourney can do invite only post-season ala the NIT.
Screw that noise....every P5 team gets into a win or die round robin with the title game played in the vacant lot next to @Winged_Wheel88 house on Thanksgiving Day