• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unhappy Valley? 11 Penn State Players In Transfer Portal + 5 Leaving For NFL

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the rumors that Franklin was angling for the USC job, I don’t this is surprising
I never saw anything about him being the interested party there. In fact he denied the rumors a couple times at least, I believe.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw anything about him being the interested party there. In fact he denied the rumors a couple times at least, I believe.

Was reported couple times. His denial of is more likely confirmation of his interest or at least his agent sniffing around

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reported couple times. His denial of is more likely confirmation of his interest or at least his agent sniffing around
Or agent trying to “Nick Saban” Penn State into a pay raise.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y.. I only remember it, because I was thinking that it makes sense after riding the QB and Saquon to relevance
TMZ is a better source of reliable sports journalism than ESPN, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

He seems to be recruiting just fine at PSU, and it's not as if McSorely was some once in a lifetime talent. He was a 3 star recruit who listened and played his heart out. I'm not saying it's easy to find those guys, but at Penn State you should be able to restock the shelves fairly easily.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TMZ is a better source of reliable sports journalism than ESPN, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

He seems to be recruiting just fine at PSU, and it's not as if McSorely was some once in a lifetime talent. He was a 3 star recruit who listened and played his heart out. I'm not saying it's easy to find those guys, but at Penn State you should be able to restock the shelves fairly easily.

McSorley was a good college player and paired with a generational talent at RB the results are good.

To be honest coaches and agents are always doing this stuff. They reach out (not directly) and say “we would’ve open to listening to offers”, doesn’t necessarily mean anything more than “if you moneywhip my ass, I will leave or at least use it against my current employer”

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McSorley was a good college player and paired with a generational talent at RB the results are good.

To be honest coaches and agents are always doing this stuff. They reach out (not directly) and say “we would’ve open to listening to offers”, doesn’t necessarily mean anything more than “if you moneywhip my ass, I will leave or at least use it against my current employer”
Oh sure, that wouldn't be shocking. I just don't believe Franklin is specifically after the USC job. I'm sure if it was a school like Notre Dame, Miami, or LSU that came open, he'd be possibly mentioned too. The money grab makes sense too.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've lost about 25 players since Morris took over, although that's probably not a bad thing

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin got saved by that B10 title year but I wouldn't be shocked if he was gone in a few more seasons. He loses a generational QB and RB in back to back years and has like 2 wins against Mich/MSU/OSU. I could see him having some major issues.

9-4 was majorly disappointing for Penn State this year considering they were #10/9 preseason and expected to compete for the B1G title this season. Lost to Ohio State (blown lead again) and got wrecked by Michigan.

Things are likely to get worse before they get better next season. No McSorely/Sanders, Solid blows to the OL/DL with the early entrants. Best secondary member is gone. They did have some quality young contributes this past season but I dont think overall it's there to compete for the B1G title.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've lost about 25 players since Morris took over, although that's probably not a bad thing

That is kind of expected. They went the polar opposite with Morris. I am sure the roster looked like the island of misfit toys to him

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-4 was majorly disappointing for Penn State this year considering they were #10/9 preseason and expected to compete for the B1G title this season. Lost to Ohio State (blown lead again) and got wrecked by Michigan.

Things are likely to get worse before they get better next season. No McSorely/Sanders, Solid blows to the OL/DL with the early entrants. Best secondary member is gone. They did have some quality young contributes this past season but I dont think overall it's there to compete for the B1G title.
Yeah, I think PSU could be in some trouble here in the next few years. They did bring in some solid recruiting classes but Franklin seems to be struggling.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shareef Miller leaving early is a tough one... he was a key disruptor.

Interested to see how Tommy Stevens and Ricky Slade takeover in the backfield. Possibly a step up from last year.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think PSU could be in some trouble here in the next few years. They did bring in some solid recruiting classes but Franklin seems to be struggling.

He does have a pretty solid recruiting class lined up but the depth definitely took a hit.

He was pretty on edge this year I'm wondering if he didn't shove some of these guys out as an example

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

coaching has been a bigger problem recently than talent. Some of Franklin's in game decisions last year were big head scratchers.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coaching has been a bigger problem recently than talent. Some of Franklin's in game decisions last year were big head scratchers.
I personally loved them lol. I remember during the Michigan game we were wondering what the hell he was doing on multiple occasions. Didn't he do something stupid like punt the ball when he was on our like 30 yard line?