• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unconfirmed: Johnny Football to go pro

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOUBTFUL.........Colt had the better resume from college going into the combine. Colt is easily the better clipboard holder.....

Hmm.....

I would say winning the Heisman, trumps a "mystery" injury in the Champion game.

So you may be right. Colt is much more suited to hold a clipboard than Manziel.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aught to know all about college QBs that don't cut it in the NFL.

He also has knowledge of a real, actual national championship that happened this millennium. And he didn't have to claim a phantom one from 90+ years ago.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm.....

I would say winning the Heisman, trumps a "mystery" injury in the Champion game.

So you may be right. Colt is much more suited to hold a clipboard than Manziel.

No it really doesn't. Colt was a Heisman candidate, who also didn't average 4 losses a year. He took his team to a NC game and nearly another.

Manziel accomplished, basically NOTHING of importance outside of an individual award. Colt made history.

It really isn't comparable.

That said, Manziel is a MUCH better athlete, and may be a better prospect. But not in your wildest dreams does he have a better resume or had a better collegiate career.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that, just his style of play doesn't work in the NFL, the defenses are to fast.

I don't' think it's the defenses being faster so much as being better at gap control and generally sniffing out plays...

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was dumped in a landfill(St. Louis Rams), so not really much he could do. He's not the first QB to suffer this fate, as quite often the greats are relegated to shit holes. Those that go later in draft tend to fare better ala Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, etc. as they are more likely to get on a team that has some supporting talent. Its difficult for the runners to have much success for very long. The pros are just too strong and fast. Most NFL DE's and DT's can either outrun or run with rabbits.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't' think it's the defenses being faster so much as being better at gap control and generally sniffing out plays...

It isn't necessarily running-speed, but recognition and reaction speed that separates the NFL defenders from college...well that and they are also bigger and stronger.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with JFF is his actual PASSING.

I have yet to see him pick a team apart by placing the ball in impossible windows.....throwing between defenders.......throwing the quick out or deep out accurately. I see him throw to wide open WRs, or scramble around and hit a guy that coverage dropped off of. Or he's throwing toss ups to a physical WR in Evans that goes and gets those lollipops the throws up.

I haven't really seen him make NFL throws yet. I haven't seen him hit a guy thats covered, but the ball placement is the only reason the pass was completed.

I think he has the talent to do it......I've just never SEEN him do it. This is why his coaching after the bowl game is important. He has to be drafted into the RIGHT situation.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was dumped in a landfill(St. Louis Rams), so not really much he could do. He's not the first QB to suffer this fate, as quite often the greats are relegated to shit holes. Those that go later in draft tend to fare better ala Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, etc. as they are more likely to get on a team that has some supporting talent. Its difficult for the runners to have much success for very long. The pros are just too strong and fast. Most NFL DE's and DT's can either outrun or run with rabbits.

System QB. As an OK fan you know OK churns out Heisman caliber QB's on a regular basis who then go on to do nothing in the NFL.

Same for all Big 12 QB's. With the RG3 benching, down goes another Big 12 QB on the big stage. Will the Big 12 ever produce a great NFL QB? Maybe Manziel breaks the mold. I don't know.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
System QB. As an OK fan you know OK churns out Heisman caliber QB's on a regular basis who then go on to do nothing in the NFL.

Same for all Big 12 QB's. With the RG3 benching, down goes another Big 12 QB on the big stage. Will the Big 12 ever produce a great NFL QB? Maybe Manziel breaks the mold. I don't know.

I get that....I still think Bradford got screwed on his placement with the Rams. Did get a nice pay check however for the abuse. :lol:

Ummm....Manziel is a B12 QB?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that....I still think Bradford got screwed on his placement with the Rams. Did get a nice pay check however for the abuse. :lol:

Ummm....Manziel is a B12 QB?

My bad. A&M should be in B12. Brain fart. I agree anyone who lands with the Rams is already up against it. Maybe he does better on his next team.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does OU get to claim half of Aikman's NFL success? :lol:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with JFF is his actual PASSING.

I have yet to see him pick a team apart by placing the ball in impossible windows.....throwing between defenders.......throwing the quick out or deep out accurately. I see him throw to wide open WRs, or scramble around and hit a guy that coverage dropped off of. Or he's throwing toss ups to a physical WR in Evans that goes and gets those lollipops the throws up.

I haven't really seen him make NFL throws yet. I haven't seen him hit a guy thats covered, but the ball placement is the only reason the pass was completed.

I think he has the talent to do it......I've just never SEEN him do it. This is why his coaching after the bowl game is important. He has to be drafted into the RIGHT situation.

I agree wity some of that. I have seen him make some NFL throws and I have seen him make bone head throws. I don't know if he will be another Wilson or another Ryan Leaf. Alot will depend on his situation. But everyone that claims to KNOW he will be a bust because he isn't 6'-4" or lives it up off the field is just making an assumption.

All I know is that he has been extremely successful as a college QB and inspite of all the off the field stuff he is all business on the practice field and during the game. We will all wait and see.