• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uncle Lou is putting the squeeze on Parise

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fire & Ice

Oh boy. I guess this exact same thing happened with Zajac and they got a deal done. Let's just hope this isn't Gomez, the redux. Although comparing Zach's character to Gomez's is an insult to Zach.

I'd be shocked if something doesn't happen soon.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, the more I think about this I guess I'm ok with it. Parise is obviously the franchise, but at the same time it's Lou's job to ink him to the lowest cap hit possible. That is Uncle Lou's job. I guess it's all water under the bridge as long as he is signed.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I the only one who sees this as good news?

"Filing for team-elected arbitration would prevent Parise from fielding offer sheets from other teams if he’s still unsigned at noon on July 1, when he’d become a restricted free agent."

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I the only one who sees this as good news?

"Filing for team-elected arbitration would prevent Parise from fielding offer sheets from other teams if he’s still unsigned at noon on July 1, when he’d become a restricted free agent."

Yeah, it's good for the team as long as it doesn't get to arbitration.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont know how i feel about this. in noway am i even 1% worried that some team was going to offer him a contract. even if a team did it wouldnt be so bad. it would put thise to an end this year and not drag it out over the course of a season and then summer next year. we would also be guranteed for getting something in return

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if a deal does get done i see it being a 4 year deal going this route

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont think ANY team would offer Parise a contract?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every team would be dumb to not atleast make an offer RFA or not

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
because its just not done that way. kovalchuk was a UFA last year and yet only 2 teams really even put in offers? thats without worry of giving up compensation? i remember last year bobby ryan was a rfa he didnt get a single offer. i think a lot of gms learned after the kessel fiasco to stay away from going that route.

vanek penner kessel those are the only 3 players that i can think of that were offered contracts RECENTLY as a RFA. kessel and penner being the only 2 that signed. how did those deals work out?

bottom line it just isnt done. if it is its very rare

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
but lets say they do offer parise a contract. its 100% on lou for letting it go that far. the devils still have the chance to AGREE TO THE DEAL. so if they refuse then well thats 100000% on them too

weather he gets 9 million a year this year from another team or 9 million next year from another team the devils still hold all the cards. its their choice if they want to use them or not

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price for RFAs this year is very high. I think over 6.5 million is 4 first rounders and Parise could potentially have been offered that by a team. Pretty steep price in my opinion.

Extend him for 1 year, then we have a ton of cap space opening up to resign him as a UFA. I'm not worried at all.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The price for RFAs this year is very high. I think over 6.5 million is 4 first rounders and Parise could potentially have been offered that by a team. Pretty steep price in my opinion.

Extend him for 1 year, then we have a ton of cap space opening up to resign him as a UFA. I'm not worried at all.

Yeah but the only problem with that is hurt feelings. Look what it did to Gomez. Don't forget this isn't some secret meeting with both parties. They basically sit down in a room together and the team explains why the player isn't as good as he thinks he is. haha.

In all honesty, I guess it wouldn't be too terrible to get the one year thing done and to make sure he's really back to 100%. Imagine if we signed him to a 10 yr 7M contract, and he never scores 30 goals again. That would be a catastrophe.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it had to be a good/serious offer. Its more of a "you never know" thing

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but lets say they do offer parise a contract. its 100% on lou for letting it go that far. the devils still have the chance to AGREE TO THE DEAL. so if they refuse then well thats 100000% on them too

weather he gets 9 million a year this year from another team or 9 million next year from another team the devils still hold all the cards. its their choice if they want to use them or not

What does the weather have to do with a potential contract? :)

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only player in the league worth a $9M contract is Crosby.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player in the league worth a $9M contract is Crosby.

I think OV too...he may not have won anything yet, but he does make his teammates better and when he stuggles his whole team does. Crosby gets some back up.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think OV too...he may not have won anything yet, but he does make his teammates better and when he stuggles his whole team does. Crosby gets some back up.

I don't know man, I watched alot of both of these guys over the last 2 years, and I don't think AO is on the same tier with Crosby anymore.

Don't get me wrong, there's no one even close to AO for second best in the league, but I think that Sid has distanced himself before that injury.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree on Crosby. OV has to come through before he can be mentioned in the same sentence. Nevertheless, this Parise thing can go a number of different ways. As long as the Devils can convince Parise that next year when space opens up (a la Rolston), the team will be in better shape to sign him long term to a nice contract. The Devils better lock him up. With Brodeur potentially being done after next year, this team will have to focus on offense, and having a good core with Kovy, Parise, and Zajac, plus the 4th pick, this team can be competitive for quite a while.