• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ummmm..... Patriots still suck

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would think. But people had a very cautious optimism. The Broncos were not even close to being the consensus pick to win the AFC West last year. Going into the season it was about equally divided between the Chiefs, Chargers, and Broncos (with only Raiders fans picking the Raiders...as usual!). Several analysts did not even have the Broncos posting a winning season. Amongst fans, we really did not know what to expect out of Manning but had a sense of trust that Elway knew what he was doing.

Looking at Manning now it is hard to believe that anyone could question Manning's ability to still play the game, but in summer of 2012, those questions were yet to be answered. Even among Broncos fans.

Maybe you have a point, but I remember being firmly in the Peyton is still Peyton camp and I was far from alone.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose Patriots fans would know what that feels like.

Huh? When did we lose a playoff game after we had it won?

I also can't argue with the basic premise of what you posted but as an excuse it falls way short. This is a game of shifting expectations. You guys had that game in the bag and only that colossal error prevented you from playing the SB where expectations or not, I think you would have beaten SF.

I guess you've forgotten about Super Bowl XLII. Patriots had the lead with less than a minute to play.

As for my explanation, it is not an excuse. It is an exercise in critical thought. As a fan any time my team loses I am disappointed. But a fan perspective is often not rational. From a rational perspective, what I have explained makes a lot of sense.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you have a point, but I remember being firmly in the Peyton is still Peyton camp and I was far from alone.

You were the minority though. I think most people were in the who knows how good he'll be camp, and after the Atlanta game most were in the he's no good anymore camp.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you've forgotten about Super Bowl XLII. Patriots had the lead with less than a minute to play.

As for my explanation, it is not an excuse. It is an exercise in critical thought. As a fan any time my team loses I am disappointed. But a fan perspective is often not rational. From a rational perspective, what I have explained makes a lot of sense.

Everyone with sense knew that game wasn't over.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the minority though. I think most people were in the who knows how good he'll be camp, and after the Atlanta game most were in the he's no good anymore camp.

Don't forget, the Broncos started 1-2. They were down 27-7 to the Falcons and 31-11 to the Texans. Then they plowed the Raiders before being down 31-7 to the Patriots. Questioning Manning lasted all the way into halftime of the MNF game with the Chargers where the Broncos trailed 24-0. So it's not like the win over the Steelers week 1 answered all the critics.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone with sense knew that game wasn't over.

The same can be said about the Broncos-Ravens game. In the end does it matter HOW a team failed to finish? The bottom line is in both games, our respective teams had a lead with less than a minute to play. A lot went into arriving at that point in the game. No one play can be singled out and blamed or lifted up as the sole reason. In the end, neither of our respective teams got the job done, despite a lead with less than a minute to play.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall the Patriots blowing an 18 point lead in the AFC Championship game a few years ago.

Over the course of a half, yes, not less than forty seconds like Flacco had. ANY coverage stopping the TD would have minimally left the Ravens with barely enough time to get off another play.

The lead, yes, possession of the ball, no. Eli had 2:42 left to work with. Look, I'm not saying that the Pats never blew a lead but in the situations you guys are pointing out, the game wasn't in the bag the way your AFCCG should have been last year. But for a huge mistake by your OC, they pissed away a game they had won.

Really? Did you miss all of the noodle arm talk last season? Or all of the comments about how he was washed up after the Monday night game in Atlanta?

I suppose I did miss that. I appreciate your clarification but really, those haters were more wishing it was true than to think that someone as good as Manning would forevermore, suck.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now I will let u get all worked up again trolls

grim...you serious? Calling anyone a troll after opening this piece of rubbish thread is pretty sad bro. I also don't know what you're talking about wrt Bronc bashing threads at the Pat's board.
Maybe they're buried somewhere.

I cannot help but to point out last year's total embarrassment you guys endured tossing away the AFCCG that was WON...OVER...IN THE BANK....and then you let Jones get deep and burn you with mere seconds on the clock. You ought to be far too humiliated by that to be starting this kind of thread week four.

U r correct bud,, stupid to start a new thread when you have had drinks in ya... Apologize to all who were offended. My bad

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Manning concerns were more than just haters trying to hate though. In January before the Broncos got him there was talk that he could barely throw it over 10 yards. When he went to training camp they didn't have him throwing over 20 yards for about the first 2 weeks. There were reporters at the practices talking about how the ball was coming off with no zip and that he was struggling to throw to one side of the field. So yes even among Bronco fans there was some major concern of what kind of Peyton Manning we were getting. Most were in the boat that if we got 70% of Manning it was still better than most in the league but we just didn't know what we were getting.

Throw in all the media that was on the side of doom and gloom when it came to the Broncos and how they just weren't going to be able to compete with the tough schedule we were supposed to have and how the Chiefs were the new up and coming team in the league.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I did miss that. I appreciate your clarification but really, those haters were more wishing it was true than to think that someone as good as Manning would forevermore, suck.

I don't think it was just haters. There were a lot of questions about Manning after the neck surgeries, questions even he didn't know the answers to. I think a lot of people thought he could still be good, just not up to his usual level. Of course after the poor start a lot of people in the media, not just the haters, were convinced his arm was too weak and he wasn't very good anymore.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U r correct bud,, stupid to start a new thread when you have had drinks in ya... Apologize to all who were offended. My bad

Lol! (((grim)))

Drunk threads rule!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol! (((grim)))

Drunk threads rule!

It's like drunk texting to a mass audience!