• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh...

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo is fine. His temper is not what this is about. It's about coaches fucking little kids, and allowing players to get extra benefits.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and about corruption of the people who would normally be in charge of firing. it will never happen, unless (God forbid) something like what happened at PSU comes up again.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.........I can see the headlines now....

"Coach Fired for Yelling Loud at Players"

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer should be the one worried for his shady recruiting

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next thing you know they will be getting fired for locking a kid in a closet in the dark..... oh, wait....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I come from, the best coach makes you feel like a little bitch in the process of turning you into a man..........kinda the same way the military works, but obviously nowhere near as intense.

LOL @ "Pelini is giving the program a bad look!" people.....

How about the military guy you see on commercials foaming at the mouth asking if you have what it takes to join..........does he give the military a bad look because he's psycho?

I expect our players to take the field with the urge to not just beat, but destroy their opponent. You can't instill that kinda attitude in your team if you pampered your players like babies.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it does NOT hurt recruiting either.....

Recruits that are turned off by intensity are not meant to be a part of the Big Red Machine.....

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I come from, the best coach makes you feel like a little bitch in the process of turning you into a man..........kinda the same way the military works, but obviously nowhere near as intense.

How about the military guy you see on commercials foaming at the mouth asking if you have what it takes to join..........does he give the military a bad look because he's psycho?

I expect our players to take the field with the urge to not just beat, but destroy their opponent. You can't instill that kinda attitude in your team if you pampered your players like babies.

And it does NOT hurt recruiting either.....

Recruits that are turned off by intensity are not meant to be a part of the Big Red Machine.....

That....

I'm sick of fucking tired about hearing about Pelinis' supposed temper.....

QUIT FUCKING COMPARING EVERY COACH TO OSBOURNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So there is only one way to turn young players into men? Did Oaborne do any of that? It is about the message not how you say it. Not everyone responds to the same style of coaching.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to say Pelini needs to be Osborne. I don't want that anyway. I am just tired of the people saying that is the way to fire people up as if that is the only way to do it.

I really don't care about his act on the sideline. Would I do that or like it? No, but he needs to be himself. If you are a hot tempered dick then be a hot tempered dick. If not then don't.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to say Pelini needs to be Osborne. I don't want that anyway. I am just tired of the people saying that is the way to fire people up as if that is the only way to do it.

I really don't care about his act on the sideline. Would I do that or like it? No, but he needs to be himself. If you are a hot tempered dick then be a hot tempered dick. If not then don't.

His act on the sideline and the general perception of it, does affect his ability to recruit if you ask me. There is a difference between intensity and acting petulant when something doesn't go your way.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His act on the sideline and the general perception of it, does affect his ability to recruit if you ask me. There is a difference between intensity and acting petulant when something doesn't go your way.

I dont disagree with that one little bit!!!!

I just hate fake people. Just be you. If that is who he is then fine. I will respect him for that. I may disagree with that process of doing things because I wouldn't do that but kind of like I stated above, there are more than one way to do things.

He also must understand that if you are going to act like that and not win to the level that we expect then those actions are going to be scrutinized. That is just life. If you don't like that then go coach somewhere else.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this world is just getting more and more pussified

No Shit... But each coach has their own habits... no one way is wrong or right!

So there is only one way to turn young players into men? Did Oaborne do any of that? It is about the message not how you say it.

And Jed, TO had his moments getting red faced and riled... but not in front of the public.... In the locker room all he had to do is look at you with his intense facial expression and you knew... but he did get vocal when needed... and it did make a difference.... Also McBride was not too unlike Bo.... He jumped our shit in a HUGE way... and challenged us on each play.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^This

I know from personal experience. You can smell it a mile away when your coach is putting on an act and the second that happens you lose respect that cannot be gained back. You can lose your team pretty quick trying shit like that.

I think the part where you're a little off base is saying they don't need a fiery guy.

This program was dead in the water. It was in dire need of someone who had passion for this program, his players, and the game and he delivered in spades.

People don't talk about how he toned it down this season. He's always gonna have his moments but there were no EPIC meltdowns this season you know what I mean?

He had every reason to blow his lid and shit bricks in the TAMU game. If he was just standing there taking that shit and not saying anything I might have been upset because we all know that's not the real Bo to let shit like that slip.

It would actually sadden me to see a completely reserved Bo. I love his fire and I hope he never loses it.

He just needs to hold back on the whole calling refs "cock sucker" and "mother fucker" and he'll be just fine.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^This

I know from personal experience. You can smell it a mile away when your coach is putting on an act and the second that happens you lose respect that cannot be gained back. You can lose your team pretty quick trying shit like that.

I think the part where you're a little off base is saying they don't need a fiery guy.

This program was dead in the water. It was in dire need of someone who had passion for this program, his players, and the game and he delivered in spades.

People don't talk about how he toned it down this season. He's always gonna have his moments but there were no EPIC meltdowns this season you know what I mean?

He had every reason to blow his lid and shit bricks in the TAMU game. If he was just standing there taking that shit and not saying anything I might have been upset because we all know that's not the real Bo to let shit like that slip.

It would actually sadden me to see a completely reserved Bo. I love his fire and I hope he never loses it.

He just needs to hold back on the whole calling refs "cock sucker" and "mother fucker" and he'll be just fine.

Not even once in a while?:pout:

Seriously though I don't think his demeanor was an issue at all this last season. People just aren't going to let go of a couple of incidents where he was still learning he is in the spotlight now.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^This

I never said they didn't need a fiery guy. Every time a coach gets fired they always hire someone that is the complete opposite. That happens all the time every where. One guy loves offense the next guy loves defense. One guy is a quiet motivator the next guy is a fiery motivator.

I will say however that the new head coach after Callahan didn't not HAVE to be a fiery guy. He just needed to be able to coach and motivate. No matter how he got it done. That is what this program needed.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am driving right now and def should not be plorsting........but Tom Osborne had intense assistant coaches........and that is a fact. As BRS said, McBride was fuckin insane........he said some things that I didn't even know could come out of a person's mouth.

Every successful team in America has someone intense on their staff.......every team in America has at least one guy who grabs facemasks and all that good stuff......

Bo just happens to do it on TV.........big deal. Grow some balls if you can't handle that. And that goes for recruits as well. I don't want you if you're scared of all that.