• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh-oh: Nobel Prize Winner For Chemistry Has Relationship With Kraft

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots, in their attempts to deflect deflategate, are only making themselves look seedier.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots, in their attempts to deflect deflategate, are only making themselves look seedier.

All of this really hurts the fans and the NFL. Mr. Kraft, release your death grip on the game we love!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the other thread, even Nobel Prize winners can be bought.

Where is our resident leader of the Patriot deflection club? @Rock Strongo

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was only a matter of time until this came out, knew that as soon as I saw that he was from Massachusetts.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Kraft don't invest without extensive research, including not just the what but the who.

Believing Kraft didn't know who this guy was is almost as laughable as believing those two clowns were texting about weight loss.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Kraft don't invest without extensive research, including not just the what but the who.

Believing Kraft didn't know who this guy was is almost as laughable as believing those two clowns were texting about weight loss.

Guys like Kraft don't personally approve every investment.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I'm sure Kraft had no idea what he was getting into and had no clue who this guy was. :L Nor did he know who to turn to when he needed a scientific defense of this situation.

I don't know what more comical, the Patriots entire organization or the fans that defend them at all costs.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm sure Kraft had no idea what he was getting into and had no clue who this guy was. :L Nor did he know who to turn to when he needed a scientific defense of this situation.

I don't know what more comical, the Patriots entire organization or the fans that defend them at all costs.

He may have, but you're implying it was nefarious. A guy that rich and involved in thousands of investments happens to know a Nobel Laurette. I'm shocked, shocked I say.

Funny you have no issue with the fact the lab the league chose actually has a reputation for being the go to lab when you need a specific result.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have, but you're implying it was nefarious. A guy that rich and involved in thousands of investments happens to know a Nobel Laurette. I'm shocked, shocked I say.

Funny you have no issue with the fact the lab the league chose actually has a reputation for being the go to lab when you need a specific result.

Oh I'm sure the NFL and Goodell's "go to" on many things for the NFL are under Kraft's umbrella. Kraft is on the NFL compensation committee and went to bat for Roger and that $300 million salary.

It's a joke. It would be a "conflict of interest" in just about any company doing business these days. The NFL continues to be sloppy when handling ANY issue and the Patriots continue to cheat. It's a cyclical thing. :lol:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps not, but don't think for a minute that he didn't know who to call to find a "qualified" person who would debunk the scientific claims in the report.

The fact that the guy owed him makes normal people go, "Hmmmm."

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somone doesn't understand what passive investment means.
Not a problem. It's not a common term so your being unfamiliar with is not out of the ordinary. I worked for a venture capitalist firm in my younger days so if you would like me to explain it to you, let me know.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like much of a close tie -- Investors - Flex Pharma Lots of names there, including Peter Lynch and two guys in Celtics ownership plus one of their wives. I'd guess Kraft is in just going along with the Celtics guys or something (and yes, I do guess Kraft was personally involved in the investment).

With a relationship like that, it's unlikely MacKinnon would publicly oppose Kraft on this. But if his views didn't happen to be helpful to Kraft, he could easily just have kept out of it. That beholden to Kraft he is not. Your angel investors in no way own you.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kraft may not have known this Nobel prize winner, and he may not have even known about his investment in the company, but you can bet that the Nobel winner definitely knew who Kraft was and who his key investors were when he wrote what he did in favour of Kraft.

You can always find one or two scientists to buck the trend depending on their motivation. Kind of like how there are thousands of scientists who agree on man made global warming and the 4 or 5 scientists who happen to disagree just happen to work for Exxon and other oil companies.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction. There's yet ANOTHER Celtics person on that list. That makes four I've noticed.