• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tzill

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally picturing you sitting at your computer with a bowl of popcorn rooting and yelling right now :)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting about your current back and forth with Le Douche is that you've basically culled out Nolan's racism. Zito can improve, Panda cannot, even though Panda is much younger and closer to his good year.

Nolan is a racist cracker so Panda's struggles are unfixable, he 'won't listen' and is 'lazy', but Zito will somehow 'listen' more or something, hence his curveball will improve.

Don't let him bait you.

That said I'm still not sold on Panda getting back to 2009 form. I think that's impossible, because 2009 type production is really hard to do! You can't deny there's some aspect of the league finding holes in his swing, and his pitch selection. In 2009 the guy's basically a rookie, by 2010 there's a book on him.

I'd be happy with a line in the middle, like .280/.325/.425 with fewer DPs and 15-20 HRs. That's fine for your 7 hole 3B. That's basically Pedro Feliz with less power, better average. I'd be pleasantly shocked with more than that.

Zito is also just fine where he is. a .500 record and 180+ innings in the 5th starter slot is awesome. Best ever 5th starter almost. The money is the only thing wrong there and that's a sunk cost.

Nolan thinks he is in all these ballplayer's heads. He knows who's lazy, coachable, a leader, etc. The good ones are all white guys.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting about your current back and forth with Le Douche is that you've basically culled out Nolan's racism. Zito can improve, Panda cannot, even though Panda is much younger and closer to his good year.

Nolan is a racist cracker so Panda's struggles are unfixable, he 'won't listen' and is 'lazy', but Zito will somehow 'listen' more or something, hence his curveball will improve.

Don't let him bait you.

That said I'm still not sold on Panda getting back to 2009 form. I think that's impossible, because 2009 type production is really hard to do! You can't deny there's some aspect of the league finding holes in his swing, and his pitch selection. In 2009 the guy's basically a rookie, by 2010 there's a book on him.

I'd be happy with a line in the middle, like .280/.325/.425 with fewer DPs and 15-20 HRs. That's fine for your 7 hole 3B. That's basically Pedro Feliz with less power, better average. I'd be pleasantly shocked with more than that.

Zito is also just fine where he is. a .500 record and 180+ innings in the 5th starter slot is awesome. Best ever 5th starter almost. The money is the only thing wrong there and that's a sunk cost.

Nolan thinks he is in all these ballplayer's heads. He knows who's lazy, coachable, a leader, etc. The good ones are all white guys.

You know, I never even thought of the racist component. Interesting. (I TRY not see the worst in people, so sometime my radar is turned off).

I agree that Panda will likely not repeat 2009. But I think that is more likely then Zito repeating 2002 or even 2006.

Panda simply has more potential for a bounce back. Zito had a decent year. Hard to "bounce back" from a decent year.