• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Hurricanes In The Gulf At the Same Time?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just play along, asshole.

I'm into facts.

But, I gotta say that my heart is with those Louisiana folks along their SW coastline. Those poor souls
are gonna be without power for a minimum of a week and some areas will be without it for 3 weeks.

They'll never commit all the back-up crews into the area to restore power with another storm 49/72 hours
behind the first. Plus because these storms are so broad...at least Laura is...those back-up crews are gonna
be 300 miles away. Gonna be a rough going for those people.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm into facts.

But, I gotta say that my heart is with those Louisiana folks along their SW coastline. Those poor souls
are gonna be without power for a minimum of a week and some areas will be without it for 3 weeks.

They'll never commit all the back-up crews into the area to restore power with another storm 49/72 hours
behind the first. Plus because these storms are so broad...at least Laura is...those back-up crews are gonna
be 300 miles away. Gonna be a rough going for those people.

I'm into facts too.

Apparently only one of us is capable of distinguishing facts from humor.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tropical storms. The overhyping of storms has gotten out of hand.

I live in Mobile, Alabama and you nailed it bro. These fucking weather reporters down here jizz all over themselves for something to talk about come Hurry-cane season.
I don't even pay attention to these storms till they hit cat 4 level...and it's got to be a direct hit for me to even get off my Barca lounger then.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Mobile, Alabama and you nailed it bro. These fucking weather reporters down here jizz all over themselves for something to talk about come Hurry-cane season.
I don't even pay attention to these storms till they hit cat 4 level...and it's got to be a direct hit for me to even get off my Barca lounger then.

If you're not near a coastline, the biggest things to worry about are flooding, if in a lowlining area, or tree damage from
high winds. Even a tropical storm can give you that along with power outages. When the temperature is 90' minimum
everyday, a power outage can be the worse thing.

Irma was the shortest and weakest Hurrican I've ever encountered. The circuloation was gone before the eye
passes over the house. (Or what was left of the eye). It was straight line winds, at the minimum of 75 mph
for 20 minutes and down to 60 mph for 20 minutes and that was it. Usually it is a 4 or 5 hour ordeal.

However, because of the track of the storm, which was straight up the center of the state, all the back-up crews
were being housed up in Valdosta. They couldn't even begin to move until the remainder of that storm passed them.
75 mph for 20 minutes and we were without power for 9 days. It took 3 days just to get crews into the area and then
they must prioritze how they make their repairs.

What a bummer that was

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4cpv1a.jpg

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May not be out of the woods yet since two more tropical disturbances have been spotted and may be making their way into the gulf area