• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Two home games vs. Pirates, June 28-29

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As brutal as Karns has been lately, I'd much rather have him in the rotation than Miley. That said neither are starter material right now. Where's Chris Young when you need him?
Oh I agree, I have never been a fan of Miley, didn't think he was a good addition by Dipoto from the beginning. He is what he is and has been for most of his career. He will consistently give you between 4-6 runs to make up, he will keep the walks down by throwing a lot of strikes but he will get hit hard because of it. His "stuff" is not impressive which leads to a lot of 2 strike hits and just hits in general. Not a fan personally. If anything I thought the Safeco effect may have helped him but it hasn't shown yet.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is everyone pretty mentioned that they were excited for pitchers to return and none of them were name, Miley... For good reason... Tonights another example of just how bad he is... If we need a LH, i'd rather roll out Paxton as well... Leblanc over Miley too... Never been sold on Miley, ever since the trade...
Miley has given up lots of runs in a high percentage of his starts, getting bailed out by the O in many of them. Only a matter of time before that didn't happen. Felix-Kuma-Walker-Paxton-Leblanc seems to me like where we may be headed. Maybe Karns back in for Leblanc but I'm not sure if Miley is going to hold his spot with an ERA around 6.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miley has given up lots of runs in a high percentage of his starts, getting bailed out by the O in many of them. Only a matter of time before that didn't happen. Felix-Kuma-Walker-Paxton-Leblanc seems to me like where we may be headed. Maybe Karns back in for Leblanc but I'm not sure if Miley is going to hold his spot with an ERA around 6.
It wouldn't make sense for him to hold his spot. The Miley situation is frustrating me because it seems like he gets a "pass" for not doing much of value. One of the things that haunted the Mariners during the Jack Z era was him trying to save face on player acquisitions by playing lesser talent regularly for too long.

That said, our SP is thin and injury prone two awful combos. So I guess lets see how he does next go

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't make sense for him to hold his spot. The Miley situation is frustrating me because it seems like he gets a "pass" for not doing much of value. One of the things that haunted the Mariners during the Jack Z era was him trying to save face on player acquisitions by playing lesser talent regularly for too long.

That said, our SP is thin and injury prone two awful combos. So I guess lets see how he does next go

I'm all for accountability, but I think I'd give Miley a few more starts before I'd consider pulling him. The guy has been consistently solid for the last 4 years.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for accountability, but I think I'd give Miley a few more starts before I'd consider pulling him. The guy has been consistently solid for the last 4 years.
How much more crappy pitching would you need to see in order to determine he isn't good? This isn't a small sample size in fact its nearly half a season.

He has consistently gotten worse his last 4 seasons and never has he been good enough to be given the benefit of the doubt. He is still going to get several more starts that he has no business being on the mound for simply because this team has awful depth at SP and RP.