• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tulloch released

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read he won't be released until March 9th when new league starts for cap reasons this season.

Sounds wierd, but he's gone shortly. These no brainer moves to us are the moves Mayhew never made. Glad to see BQ reads tHoop

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read he won't be released until March 9th when new league starts for cap reasons this season.

Sounds wierd, but he's gone shortly. These no brainer moves to us are the moves Mayhew never made. Glad to see BQ reads tHoop

It ain't BQ, man. It's Martha.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I'm upset about so far this offseason is not being capable of posting Tullys discount double check.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him go to the Giants w Bell. Mayhew needs friends to play Wii with.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Brainer. He does not even have the range anymore to be a MLB. And that is on top of the fact he cant cover anyone. He could still play it in the wide 9 though as he only has a few gaps to cover. Even a 3-4 he would be OK as the run stuffer.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't BQ, man. It's Martha.

At this point as I have said, it's not Mayhew any longer. I'm accepting what happens this season. Win lose or draw.

Whether BQ or Martha wanted JC to stay on board doesn't matter to me. I wanted JC to stay. Attempt to build continuity within. They fail this season and JC gets fired I'm still okay for the fact Mayhew is not making decisions.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point as I have said, it's not Mayhew any longer. I'm accepting what happens this season. Win lose or draw.

Whether BQ or Martha wanted JC to stay on board doesn't matter to me. I wanted JC to stay. Attempt to build continuity within. They fail this season and JC gets fired I'm still okay for the fact Mayhew is not making decisions.

I believe BQ is making the decisions. Martha is reading the Hoop. I think she may be wingedwheel.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether BQ or Martha wanted JC to stay on board doesn't matter to me. I wanted JC to stay. They fail this season and JC gets fired I'm still okay for the fact Mayhew is not making decisions.

I'm sick of the three year revolving door routine. Having Schwartz in for 5 years was actually pretty nice, not a great outcome but change of pace. There's only like two things that I've ever really seen negative towards Caldwell that is he's too conservative and clock management issues. The fact of the matter is I don't want Caldwell if he's going to be gone should the Lions have a losing season next year. I would rather start fresh instead of dickin' around which is like the Lions Theme.

No doubt Mayhew prolly woulda resigned him.

Well yeah, the front office was only doing enough to sell tickets. Maybe I can put my slogan to rest... "Nobody wants to see the Lions win, not even the Lions only their fans." <--- upgraded version

Last edited:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of the three year revolving door routine. Having Schwartz in for 5 years was actually pretty nice, not a great outcome but change of pace. There's only like two things that I've ever really seen negative towards Caldwell that is he's too conservative and clock management issues. The fact of the matter is I don't want Caldwell if he's going to be gone should the Lions have a losing season next year. I would rather start fresh instead of dickin' around which is like the Lions Theme.

IMO the huge reason the revolving door happened was Ford and the way he ran the his club. Why I'm not dwelling and comparing the past to now. Martha has done more to say " no more" than Mr. Ford ever did. This is why I'm not worried of the outcome this season. We've seen more positive shit happen than negative lately. I just can't be like you. It may take awhile but the MM days are behind us.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the revolving door at HC has a lot to do with the performance of the team. Detroit isn't doing anything different than other NFL teams in that regard.
You win or show progress from the year before, you keep your job. The long tenure coaches in the NFL are coaches that win. If Detroit finds a coach that wins, I am hoping we have the coach long term.
I am loving the moves by Quinn. From clearing out the front office to the scouting staff, etc., as well as the no brainer player moves getting rid of the dead weight on defense, as well as offense.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing is I don't see Martha just wanting to sell tickets. I'd swear she wants to win. That or build a decent team for selling?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing is I don't see Martha just wanting to sell tickets. I'd swear she wants to win. That or build a decent team for selling?

I'd hope the team will always stay in Detroit, but you gotta wonder who gets the team next after Martha??

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hope the team will always stay in Detroit, but you gotta wonder who gets the team next after Martha??

I don't see those medling kids keeping the franchise when she's gone. Although I can't see someone buying to move them. Ford Field will be involved in the sale and don't see somebody justifying leaving it.

Seems biggest bargaining chip in relocation debates. The old stadium sucks. Won't be the case in Detroit for awhile.