• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tues 9/23 Skins News

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more impressed daily by Jay and his media savvy. Said all the right things here...understanding for all points of view, yet diplomatic in terms of Baker.

Gruden won?t discipline players involved in fourth quarter melee

Excerpt

“Things like that happen in a rivalry,” Gruden said. “It’s a big game, a lot on the line for both teams, and tempers flare sometimes. But we’ve got to make sure we do a good job as a staff to control our guys.”
As for the Baker’s shoulder-slamming block, which knocked Foles to the ground, Gruden said he felt it looked worse on tape than it actually was.
“I don’t think Baker meant for it to be malicious,” Gruden said, backing Baker’s claim that he had no intent to do anything other than block an Eagle from interfering with a potential Redskins touchdown.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins wake-up call - ESPN

Excerpt

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Redskins have an 11:45 a.m. walk-through Tuesday morning, followed by an open locker room session. It’s akin to a Friday during a normal work week. Here are three areas of interest:

Quarterback Kirk Cousins will talk to the media: Cousins is not an inflammatory quote, but he can be somewhat revealing and honest. He was off-target on some of his throws in the second half Sunday -- a function of the rush perhaps? His coach, Jay Gruden, seemed to think so, that perhaps Cousins could have held onto the ball a split second longer and delivered more accurate passes. But I’m also curious what Cousins thought of his game in general, as 34 points and 427 passing yards aren’t shabby.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogs Haven...

Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins is on fire since taking over for an injured Robert Griffin III.

Even though the Redskins lost a tight one, Cousins is operating the offense with breathtaking efficiency.

How's about we look at his stats.

Passing Yards Per Game- Cousins ranks first in the NFL,with 339 passing yards per game.

Yards Per Attempt- Cousins ranks fourth in the NFL, with 8.36 yards per attempt.

Passer Rating- Cousins ranks fourth in the NFL, with a 105.8 passer rating.

Touchdown Passes- Cousins ranks eighth in the NFL, with 5 touchdown passes.

Longest Touchdown Pass- Cousins ranks first in the NFL, with an 81-yard touchdown pass.

Total QBR- (Which I still don't understand)- Cousins ranks fourth in the NFL, with an 84.4 QBR.

At The Rate He's Going- Kirk Cousins is on pace to throw for 5,084 yards with 38 touchdowns and 8 interceptions.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear here, Mr. Snyder wants to sue Native Americans for suing him while his foundation helps them.... oh....got it!!

Read the clip. It's the NAs who originally brought the suit. Tho, there is irony there, I do agree.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogs Haven...

Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins is on fire since taking over for an injured Robert Griffin III.

Even though the Redskins lost a tight one, Cousins is operating the offense with breathtaking efficiency.

How's about we look at his stats.

Passing Yards Per Game- Cousins ranks first in the NFL,with 339 passing yards per game.

Yards Per Attempt- Cousins ranks fourth in the NFL, with 8.36 yards per attempt.

Passer Rating- Cousins ranks fourth in the NFL, with a 105.8 passer rating.

Touchdown Passes- Cousins ranks eighth in the NFL, with 5 touchdown passes.

Longest Touchdown Pass- Cousins ranks first in the NFL, with an 81-yard touchdown pass.

Total QBR- (Which I still don't understand)- Cousins ranks fourth in the NFL, with an 84.4 QBR.

At The Rate He's Going- Kirk Cousins is on pace to throw for 5,084 yards with 38 touchdowns and 8 interceptions.

In context it's one game, to be fair if we buy into those projections we then must adjust for historical performances. These stats measure well against what he did in a season past against Cleveland, he followed that with 3 stinkers to close last season. Let's wait and see what he does before getting too hyped up on projections which generally are based on best case scenarios.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In context it's one game, to be fair if we buy into those projections we then must adjust for historical performances. These stats measure well against what he did in a season past against Cleveland, he followed that with 3 stinkers to close last season. Let's wait and see what he does before getting too hyped up on projections which generally are based on best case scenarios.

Oh, I'm not one to ever crown someone King after such a small sample...no worries about that. Stats only give you so much, said that many times on this board.:suds:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta Just LOVE this comment from Jay :yes:

Oh RT @TarikCSN: Gruden: "I learned a long time ago that statistics don't mean squat... I'd rather be last in everything and be 3-0."

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao...stymies just gonna love this comment from KC...:pound:

Mike Jones...

Cousins:"I won't change my statement that this is Robert's team."

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Conner

It's obviously still early on T. Murphy. But so far, haven't seen anything from him or Kerrigan that show they can beat LTs on reg basis.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Russell

Jim Haslett feels that they will be able to get Brian Orakpo back at normal ROLB spot with a splint on his dislocated middle finger.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian McNally

It's possible we'll see Tracy Porter at CB for the 1st time this year, both he and Haslett said. Big help with DeAngelo Hall out. #redskins

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! :pound:

Jay Gruden, life at home after a loss. "I yell at my cats to get out of my bed. They have these bells on them. And they jingle. I hate it"

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sometimes a VANILLA OFFENSE isn't such a bad thing, because when you have to use trickery it shows you don't have the personnel to be Vanilla." comment by COUSINS...

Spot on...

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup

Ha! :pound:

Jay Gruden, life at home after a loss. "I yell at my cats to get out of my bed. They have these bells on them. And they jingle. I hate it"

Watched the same ESPN SPORTS CENTER at lunch like I did...

Stats are worthless...I would rather be 20th in every stat and be 3-0

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the same ESPN SPORTS CENTER at lunch like I did...

Stats are worthless...I would rather be 20th in every stat and be 3-0

I get so tired of people using/manipulating stats as a justification/excuse for a loss...:L

Stats are useful but never tell the whole story. Stats don't win SBs. Teams do.