• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Troy Rips The Organization

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an interview on KTCK, Troy lets the organization have it........The story is on the THE LANDRY HAT

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I found on The Landry Hat from Troy was he is questioning Romos durability. If that's ripping the team the world (Except RomotoDez) is ripping the Cowboys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ripping the organization? He made a statement that was completely true and pretty vanilla about the fact that the Cowboys have indeed been average for the last 20 years. I don't think Garrett or anyone within the organization would disagree and would probably say the same thing. Aren't we all saying the same thing? Also, I'd like to hear the question he was responding to. Read what he said without the fluff inserted by the writer:

"I don't know," said Aikman. "This team, for 20 years, really has been so inconsistent. And unless practices change, I don't see that changing any time soon. You look back at last year and 12-4 and get excited about that, but was 12-4 really what this team is or is 8-8? I don't think 4-12 is this year because of the injuries that occurred.

"But you've got to do it more than once every seven or eight years before you can say, 'Hey, the things that we're doing are really paying off.' It's been a long history of frustration and up-and-down years, and, for the most part, disappointment.

"And I think you've got to be able to look back on something and say, 'OK, we're building something here and these things that we do pay off,' but I haven't seen that, so I don't anticipate any time soon anything being any different from what we've seen the last 20 years."

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Aikman talked about ''practices changing'', I'm pretty sure he was talking about drafting and developing QB's. That has been a constant harp for Aikman forever. I don't think it was a rip as much as it was an analysis

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ripping the organization? He made a statement that was completely true and pretty vanilla about the fact that the Cowboys have indeed been average for the last 20 years. I don't think Garrett or anyone within the organization would disagree and would probably say the same thing. Aren't we all saying the same thing? Also, I'd like to hear the question he was responding to. Read what he said without the fluff inserted by the writer:

"I don't know," said Aikman. "This team, for 20 years, really has been so inconsistent. And unless practices change, I don't see that changing any time soon. You look back at last year and 12-4 and get excited about that, but was 12-4 really what this team is or is 8-8? I don't think 4-12 is this year because of the injuries that occurred.

"But you've got to do it more than once every seven or eight years before you can say, 'Hey, the things that we're doing are really paying off.' It's been a long history of frustration and up-and-down years, and, for the most part, disappointment.

"And I think you've got to be able to look back on something and say, 'OK, we're building something here and these things that we do pay off,' but I haven't seen that, so I don't anticipate any time soon anything being any different from what we've seen the last 20 years."

I think if the truth be told.........In Troy's, EMMITT'S ,Michael's heart of hearts......They would blame Jerry Jones for taking away Jimmy Johnson after winning two consecutive super bowls....taking away the TRUE GM of the team of the 90's.....Jerry Jones is the "ORGANIZATION" who hired mediocre "YES MEN" to coach the COWBOYS.
He hired Bill Parcells only because he was building a new stadium. If the organization isn't bad, I don't know what is.
A 500 record over the last 20 years (and also the lastest failure) Garrett's record is mediocre. The COWBOY'S organization is pathetic, there's no candy coating it. They never even drafted Romo....

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Aikman talked about ''practices changing'', I'm pretty sure he was talking about drafting and developing QB's. That has been a constant harp for Aikman forever. I don't think it was a rip as much as it was an analysis

Is that a response? really?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I found on The Landry Hat from Troy was he is questioning Romos durability. If that's ripping the team the world (Except RomotoDez) is ripping the Cowboys.
I guess you never read the article.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Romo should question Aikman's multiple concussions.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you never read the article.
Yes I did read the article after you posted the link. I remained out of this thread after because what Troy said is far from RIPPING the organzation.

When I went to the Hat, I couldn't find the story you refered to, so if I may make a sugestion. Next time just link the story so we know exactly what you are referring to.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too went to the Landry Hat and didn't find this article. I found the one where Aikman questioned Romo's durability. I went right after u posted the OP

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the truth be told.........In Troy's, EMMITT'S ,Michael's heart of hearts......They would blame Jerry Jones for taking away Jimmy Johnson after winning two consecutive super bowls....taking away the TRUE GM of the team of the 90's.....Jerry Jones is the "ORGANIZATION" who hired mediocre "YES MEN" to coach the COWBOYS.
He hired Bill Parcells only because he was building a new stadium. If the organization isn't bad, I don't know what is.
A 500 record over the last 20 years (and also the lastest failure) Garrett's record is mediocre. The COWBOY'S organization is pathetic, there's no candy coating it. They never even drafted Romo....
No, that is you making up what they think or assuming they think the same way as you. Much different from posting what they may or may not actually think. Kind of like what the writer of this article did...

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that is you making up what they think or assuming they think the same way as you. Much different from posting what they may or may not actually think. Kind of like what the writer of this article did...
I guess that's your opinion , right?
Michael Irvin came from the U of Miami....Jimmy was there.....Michael loved Jimmy...
EMMITT SMITH wanted Barry Sander's money in a contract...Jerry was cheap. Almost cost the COWBOYS a super bowl
Troy Aikman really liked Jimmy's discipline as a head coach...Jerry brought in Barry Switzer.......Aikman couldn't stand Barry.......

You have your opinions... I have mine

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Irvin came from the U of Miami....Jimmy was there.....Michael loved Jimmy...
EMMITT SMITH wanted Barry Sander's money in a contract...Jerry was cheap. Almost cost the COWBOYS a super bowl
Troy Aikman really liked Jimmy's discipline as a head coach...Jerry brought in Barry Switzer.......Aikman couldn't stand Barry.......

And yet... They WON 3 SUPER BOWLS. Jerry did some stupid shit for 20 years, but it's hard to knock what they've done the last 5. They've cleaned up their cap and drafted great.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are pretending to know what others think. I am not. I don't know what you think but I know what you posted above presuming what 3 people you don't know think. There is a difference and your point is completely baseless.

Do you know who presented Irvin and Smith at the Hall of Fame enshrinement? And Larry Allen too...your argument is just flat out wrong...

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet... They WON 3 SUPER BOWLS. Jerry did some stupid shit for 20 years, but it's hard to knock what they've done the last 5. They've cleaned up their cap and drafted great.

I agree the last 5 years in the draft have been better.......begs the question, who's in charge now...my guess Stephen....otherwise we would have had Johnny Football (contradiction in terms by the way).
I give Jerry Jones full credit for that one phone that brought his former teammate, friend in college, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP coach to DALLAS .....and that's about it.......Jimmy was the GM and coach who brought three Super Bowl Championships to DALLAS....If you want to give Jerry credit in an indirect way you can......I don't.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are pretending to know what others think. I am not. I don't know what you think but I know what you posted above presuming what 3 people you don't know think. There is a difference and your point is completely baseless.

Do you know who presented Irvin and Smith at the Hall of Fame enshrinement? And Larry Allen too...your argument is just flat out wrong...

My question is (and to be honest, I don't know for sure) has Jimmy Johnson ever appeared at the Hall of Fame ceremonies ever, for anyone, even to be in the audience? ....not to my knowledge... Maybe he was asked and didn't want to.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still amazed, even after all that has happened, that some posters defend Jerry Jones........

He fired Landry in a classless way
He fired a head coach (Jimmy Johnson) who basically built the team and coaching staff that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 seasons.
He was cheap with EMMITT SMITH and almost cost a championship
Overspent on Deion Sanders.cost the COWBOYS salary cap and players leaving for years
Hired Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey,Dave Campo,Wade Phillips,and Jason"YES" Garrett.
Spent two first round draft picks and 42 million dollars on Joey Galloway
Spent 45 million on Marion Barber and then drafted Felix Jones in the next draft
Spent a 1,3,7 draft pick on Roy Williams....and then proceeded to draft Dez Bryant
He allowed Terrel Owens,PacMan Jones,Alonzo Spellman,Tank Johnson,and Greg Hardy to wear the STAR
He drafted the future Hall of Fame QBs Quincy Carter,Drew Henson,and Chad Hutchinson
How many players has Jerry overspent on?.......Miles Austin who?
And Jerry has recently admitted on radio, that maybe Jason Garrett was learning on the job......