• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trolls

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem at all. I'm just glad that (it seems at least) you guys are enjoying it. I think you've already surpassed me in forum knowledge gp (as I think you've found out a stealth mode, lol), but even if the trolls do figure this place out there is an ignore feature (greasemonkey-esque) so this place should remain tolerable for quite a while.
15 years later…

It shows some promise, but too early to declare it a good home just yet.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My very small add (longer than I expected LOL) is that I got to it late, as I call it, other than Disney (notEntertainingandSPortsNitwitwork) board is got in near the end about 8 or 9 months from the end and I am Grateful for whoever it was that got me here. The info and notifications for team movement or league stuff and analysis on a very good Forum like here will give one better information than any Media. When Media comes up with anything informative it will show up and there will be good analysis of that article good and bad so a forum will enhance that information.

There are three other forums I use that are done well. One is a Warriors board which I only read as a guest and don't login is Real GM and a Hockey one called Hockeys Future and started by two brothers it was once allied with I think CBS sports. But after a conman got in and screwed up things (somewhat) it got back to what the Brothers wanted it to be. It's well moderated board and I can get News and talk about the Sharks and the League though the Main Boards can be a mess with some of the legacy teams at times overrunning the talk. I am also on a Road Racing Cycling Forum at Cyclingnews, which in the last ten years has taught me so much about the history and teams and went there to find out about my favorite cyclist who was Peter Sagan who holds records for the now defunct Tour of California. Funny thing was he had some fans but wasn't as popular on the boards as you would think, Learned about how exciting the One Day races can be with the (5) Monuments and other races. Learned about the other 21 (usually two rest days so starts on a Saturday) Grand Tours. The Giro 'd Talia (tour of Italy) and of course the Tour d France with the Vuelta a Espania (tour of Spian). One benefit is seeing so many historic sites like ruined or rebuilt castles and amazing scenery. There also many shorter Stage races from 3 days to 8 or 9 days. Most of the Board members on the Cycling Forum are based in Europe and I end up watching on replay and reading that forum after many are asleep.

Just stating that a very good Forum for sports enhances the experience. But then you know I am mostly a taker while having this resource makes me day better.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My very small add (longer than I expected LOL) is that I got to it late, as I call it, other than Disney (notEntertainingandSPortsNitwitwork) board is got in near the end about 8 or 9 months from the end and I am Grateful for whoever it was that got me here. The info and notifications for team movement or league stuff and analysis on a very good Forum like here will give one better information than any Media. When Media comes up with anything informative it will show up and there will be good analysis of that article good and bad so a forum will enhance that information.

There are three other forums I use that are done well. One is a Warriors board which I only read as a guest and don't login is Real GM and a Hockey one called Hockeys Future and started by two brothers it was once allied with I think CBS sports. But after a conman got in and screwed up things (somewhat) it got back to what the Brothers wanted it to be. It's well moderated board and I can get News and talk about the Sharks and the League though the Main Boards can be a mess with some of the legacy teams at times overrunning the talk. I am also on a Road Racing Cycling Forum at Cyclingnews, which in the last ten years has taught me so much about the history and teams and went there to find out about my favorite cyclist who was Peter Sagan who holds records for the now defunct Tour of California. Funny thing was he had some fans but wasn't as popular on the boards as you would think, Learned about how exciting the One Day races can be with the (5) Monuments and other races. Learned about the other 21 (usually two rest days so starts on a Saturday) Grand Tours. The Giro 'd Talia (tour of Italy) and of course the Tour d France with the Vuelta a Espania (tour of Spian). One benefit is seeing so many historic sites like ruined or rebuilt castles and amazing scenery. There also many shorter Stage races from 3 days to 8 or 9 days. Most of the Board members on the Cycling Forum are based in Europe and I end up watching on replay and reading that forum after many are asleep.

Just stating that a very good Forum for sports enhances the experience. But then you know I am mostly a taker while having this resource makes me day better.
Well said, and I for one am glad you are here. While you don’t post THAT much, you do, in your own way, make me feel like my posts are read and appreciated. And that is an add to the forum.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said, and I for one am glad you are here. While you don’t post THAT much, you do, in your own way, make me feel like my posts are read and appreciated. And that is an add to the forum.
I couldn't have said it better. @Sandisfan, you are a great contributor to this group.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he’s the one.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandisfan is one of the most 'quiet' members of our community in terms of posting but he is probably one of the most involved members we have. Most of us notice that he reads almost everything that is posted ... and when he does post .... it is well worth the read ....