• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trojanfan12

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, it was worse than D'Antoni. At least with D'Antoni, I understood the logic. They had Nash and wanted a Showtime style offense.

But Brown when they could have had Adelman?

They hired a potato.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right, forgot about that. I understand them not hiring Shaw because of wanting to move away from the triangle, but to interview Adelman and still hire Brown was stupid.

Pretty much my thoughts when it happened. I wanted Adelman and also felt Shaw would have been fine, especially since every player on the team was basically lobbying for him to get the job. But someway, somehow Mike Brown totally blew Jim's doors off in the interview and he hired him on the spot. :doh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much my thoughts when it happened. I wanted Adelman and also felt Shaw would have been fine, especially since every player on the team was basically lobbying for him to get the job. But someway, somehow Mike Brown totally blew Jim's doors off in the interview and he hired him on the spot. :doh:

One thing I learned when I have been in positions in the past where I had to interview people is that some people are much better at interviews than they are at actually doing the job.

One guy in particular taught me that. To this day, he had the best interview that I have ever done, but his performance was so bad, he almost got ME fired.:lol: