• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let this guy continue to talk it just helps the cause.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
902B.gif

You just Juan the internet.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What in the everloving fuck is "overuse" of healthcare?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What in the everloving fuck is "overuse" of healthcare?

I'm going to guess that it would include things like going to the doctor for a common cold. Or a strained ankle, etc..

Not many people do that here because, well.... who the fuck likes going to the doctor? Most people know when there is something really wrong with them.

This is all just more broflake whining bullshit.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess that it would include things like going to the doctor for a common cold. Or a strained ankle, etc..

My mother-in-law does that. She's a real gem that way...

/and in a lot of other ways.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not many people do that here because, well.... who the fuck likes going to the doctor? Most people know when there is something really wrong with them.

This is all just more broflake whining bullshit.
Think it's more to do with people making ER visits when they shouldn't be. From a CIHI report from 5 years ago:

Patients who visited the ED for conditions that could be treated in a doctor’s office or clinic, called “family practice sensitive conditions”

• 1 in 5 ED visits where patients were discharged home and not admitted to a hospital bed fell into this category.

• The most common reasons for these visits included upper respiratory infections such as colds (13%), antibiotic therapies (13%), sore throats (8%), ear infections (7%) and care following surgery such as dressing changes and removal of stiches (5%). These 5 conditions accounted for nearly half (46%) of all visits to EDs for family practice sensitive conditions in 2013–2014

With hospital overcrowding and "hallway medicine" having been a big topic in ON the past few years this has been one thing the gov't has been pushing hard to curb - there's been a lot of ad campaigns for contacting Telehealth before going to the ER to try and cut down but I can't imagine it's worked much.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it's more to do with people making ER visits when they shouldn't be. From a CIHI report from 5 years ago:

Patients who visited the ED for conditions that could be treated in a doctor’s office or clinic, called “family practice sensitive conditions”

• 1 in 5 ED visits where patients were discharged home and not admitted to a hospital bed fell into this category.

• The most common reasons for these visits included upper respiratory infections such as colds (13%), antibiotic therapies (13%), sore throats (8%), ear infections (7%) and care following surgery such as dressing changes and removal of stiches (5%). These 5 conditions accounted for nearly half (46%) of all visits to EDs for family practice sensitive conditions in 2013–2014

With hospital overcrowding and "hallway medicine" having been a big topic in ON the past few years this has been one thing the gov't has been pushing hard to curb - there's been a lot of ad campaigns for contacting Telehealth before going to the ER to try and cut down but I can't imagine it's worked much.

Down here we have a problem with people going to ER for basic treatments but those typically fall into two categories

1) People with no insurance and no real ability to pay who go because they know Hospitals cannot ethically refuse them treatment. Or as the RedHatNecks so expertly articulate "WHY I GUTTA PAY FER DEM IMMIGANTS?".

2) People who have insurance but with high deductibles who do not go to their primary care doc because they don't want to get $250 cold medicine and $20 work excuse forms (yes, doctors charge for signatures down here) so they try to tough out some conditions and they get really worse. Then when they realize something is wrong, their giant conglomerate doctor's practices don't have appointments for 3 weeks, so ER it is.

I think Single Payer goes a long way to solving both of those problems.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, cuts grants to IT gaming start-ups yet he can charter flights for his buddies. Way to go Kenney you putz.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, cuts grants to IT gaming start-ups yet he can charter flights for his buddies. Way to go Kenney you putz.

Well @dash , all I can say is that if THAT plane went down in the Andes...er Rockies...er prairies, the survivor would last a loooong time before starvation.

#fatfucks

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiat, what? People are going to the ER for ED?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't mean any disrespect, but it must suck to be that dumb"

I'm going to use that as my new signature as eloco doesn't read them.

-

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't mean any disrespect, but it must suck to be that dumb"

I'm going to use that as my new signature as eloco doesn't read them.

-

Fake News!

Also realized today that if you read all of Trump's tweets in the voice of a 14-year old girl his tone is write on point and hilarious. Of course that isn't really fair because most 14-year olds have a better understanding of consequences and accountability than Trump does.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just more evidence of the movie "Idiocracy" being a documentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.