• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope your amusing joke will bring you comfort when the zombie raccoons are prying your windows open to enter your house.

/i do not think we had that here, i do not recall it at all

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @forty_three is it true Ohio wants to prosecute the use of any birth control pill, IUD, etc., the same as abortion in their new bill?

Because what the crap?

Look, I was raised Catholic, and I have reservations about abortion that I don't think I'll ever shake consequent of that. But it seems pretty clear to me that if you want to reduce the number of abortions that happen in this country, wide and easy and cheap access to birth control and better, more comprehensive sex education so that people both know to use it and how to use it safely and effectively will be a heck of a lot more effective than banning it, without all the serious health risks to women carrying nonviable pregnancies to term, the twisted grossness of having to carry a baby to term who was conceived in a r*pe, or the increased burden on an already overtaxed and problematic foster care system from women having to give birth to children they can't possibly raise.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Ohio...Basically Alabama, only colder and less mosquito's.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @forty_three is it true Ohio wants to prosecute the use of any birth control pill, IUD, etc., the same as abortion in their new bill?

Because what the crap?

Look, I was raised Catholic, and I have reservations about abortion that I don't think I'll ever shake consequent of that. But it seems pretty clear to me that if you want to reduce the number of abortions that happen in this country, wide and easy and cheap access to birth control and better, more comprehensive sex education so that people both know to use it and how to use it safely and effectively will be a heck of a lot more effective than banning it, without all the serious health risks to women carrying nonviable pregnancies to term, the twisted grossness of having to carry a baby to term who was conceived in a r*pe, or the increased burden on an already overtaxed and problematic foster care system from women having to give birth to children they can't possibly raise.

Pretty much. The law is almost identical to the Alabama bill with the notable exception of they want to add the humiliation of essentially interrogating any woman who has had a miscarriage to make sure she didn't terminate the pregnancy on purpose (having stood by a wife who went through 2, I would kill with my bare hands anyone who increased her grief even slightly). The goal is the same as Alabama and the others. Get it before the boofmaster on the Supreme Court and hope to overturn Roe Vs Wade as Jesus wanted so they can take away every woman in the countries' rights to decide what is best for them, not just a few states. And people like Governor DeWine here in Ohio are hoping to be the next Sith Lord when Turtle Head dies off.

There's a lot of discussion about a case where an eleven year old girl is pregnant and the furor over the fact that the law is essentially going to force her to carry a r*pe baby to the term that will in all likelihood kill her. It's been great.

No anti-abortion crusader will get me to listen until they acknowledge one of the best ways to stop them is to teach people how to not need them. I have two daughters. Do I want them to get pregnant before they are ready? No. Will I teach how not to? Absolutely. And if something goes wrong, will I let them decide and stand behind them? No doubt.

You don't stop abortions. You only stop safe ones.

^Ohio...Basically Alabama, only colder and less mosquito's.

At least we have some decent urban areas filled with sane people who hate this shit. And a lot less banjos.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they played the song We Are Galaxy.

tenor.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good old religious freedom.

These chucklefucks like to put down Islam and rail against Sharia law as "too restrictive" and often necessary to be given freedom at the end of a gun.

Three of the four Sunni schools of thought permit abortions up 4 months with exceptions for maternal health and r*pe (although what is defined as r*pe is a slippery slope, I admit).

So these chucklefucks in Al-A-BAMA are literally less reasonable than Sharia Law when it comes to this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the woman, for the doctor, or both? Because they're seeking to prosecute both.

Unless I am mistaken, the woman will not be prosecuted in that case but the doctor can be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I am mistaken, the woman will not be prosecuted in that case but the doctor can be.

That's the impression I had, too. And with doctors likely to be forced to go to court every time they make this decision, it will likely have the side effect of making them more reluctant to openly offer the service, narrowing its availability even in life-threatening cases.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the impression I had, too. And with doctors likely to be forced to go to court every time they make this decision, it will likely have the side effect of making them more reluctant to openly offer the service, narrowing its availability even in life-threatening cases.

image4061139x.jpg

The law only allows exceptions "to avoid a serious health risk to the unborn child's mother,"

Alabama abortion bill is signed into law - CNNPolitics

As DS said above, the threat is in challenging doctor's ability to make that call. Or worse, punishing them for doing it.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The woman will not be prosecuted and the law states the physician performing it will be. Easy way out is to have it performed by a non-physician. Easy Peasy work around. I'm not even a lawyer and I figured this one out. But I have debated Eloco before so that makes me kind of a lawyer I guess.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The woman will not be prosecuted and the law states the physician performing it will be. Easy way out is to have it performed by a non-physician. Easy Peasy work around. I'm not even a lawyer and I figured this one out. But I have debated Eloco before so that makes me kind of a lawyer I guess.

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.