• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, anyone else's Facebook feed still littered with Trumpers claiming both 1) the Mueller report completely exonerates Donny boy, and 2) it was an illegal, rigged investigation which sought to undermine Trump's presidency on behalf of "Deep State" Democrats, sometimes in the same post?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I wonder how the Politics Forum is doing these days...

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read some. Even posted. I'm a fool.

But most of the pro-Trump talking points are really gripping onto the whole no-conviction thing as proof of innocence, even though Mueller explicitly said he was never going to make a conviction and wanted Congress to make the determination given the evidence right there in the document.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read some. Even posted. I'm a fool.

But most of the pro-Trump talking points are really gripping onto the whole no-conviction thing as proof of innocence, even though Mueller explicitly said he was never going to make a conviction and wanted Congress to make the determination given the evidence right there in the document.

So, yeah, there's the Congressional determination component. Not to mention the many convictions in Trump's close advisor orbit or the Press Secretary blatantly lying (beyond the usual everyday lies).

But most importantly, there's also the fact that maybe our standards for President should be higher than barely not convicted of a crime related to conspiracy with a foreign government surrounding elections.

Also, it would be nice if the President could read.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, anyone else's Facebook feed still littered with Trumpers claiming both 1) the Mueller report completely exonerates Donny boy, and 2) it was an illegal, rigged investigation which sought to undermine Trump's presidency on behalf of "Deep State" Democrats, sometimes in the same post?

No. No man. Shit no. I do believe you'd get yer ass kicked sayin that kinda thing man.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight in my area the temperature is in a dead zone. Too hot for heat, too cold for AC. Me and Mom's sweaty thighs pressed against each others as we try to sleep. Sleep well everyone!

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight in my area the temperature is in a dead zone. Too hot for heat, too cold for AC. Me and Mom's sweaty thighs pressed against each others as we try to sleep. Sleep well everyone!
I love that time of year. My PG&E bills are never lower

Goodnight sweet prince?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this is not what I posted, a mod must have changed it. Me and my sister's thighs were pressed together, not my mother's. Yuck!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leaked footage of the meeting Donnie is upset about the notes being taken during.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when is impeachment starting? Get it rolling in the House. There's literally no downside. Even if it doesn't stick in the senate, it's going to be a very public airing of a corrupt administration, and when Republicans fall in lockstep with that corrupt administration, it will out them [more obviously and unavoidably] as corrupt themselves.

And they don't have to meet some legal standard of guilt and criminality, just demonstrate Trump's already clear unfitness for the office to have a case. Just do it. Don't waste time. There's more than enough in the report, and Barr's willful and intentional mischaracterization of the report on Trump's behalf only adds to it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when is impeachment starting? Get it rolling in the House. There's literally no downside. Even if it doesn't stick in the senate, it's going to be a very public airing of a corrupt administration, and when Republicans fall in lockstep with that corrupt administration, it will out them [more obviously and unavoidably] as corrupt themselves.

And they don't have to meet some legal standard of guilt and criminality, just demonstrate Trump's already clear unfitness for the office to have a case. Just do it. Don't waste time. There's more than enough in the report, and Barr's willful and intentional mischaracterization of the report on Trump's behalf only adds to it.

They were hoping for something a little more concrete than Obstruction of Justice. To a lot of people, Obstruction is barely a crime. In some cities, they build statues of guys who have been found guilty of it.

It'll happen. But there's no magic bullet here.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were hoping for something a little more concrete than Obstruction of Justice. To a lot of people, Obstruction is barely a crime. In some cities, they build statues of guys who have been found guilty of it.

It'll happen. But there's no magic bullet here.
It’s pretty telling that much of the most salacious parts of the report are subjects’ reactions to the special counsel investigation itself. As funny as it is to know that Trump exclaimed “I’m fucked!” when he found out about the special prosecutor, I don’t really understand why notes either relating to the investigation itself or instances where Trump either directed or pondered closing it made their way into it.

There’s nothing in it that would cause Trump any trouble either with his party or with the voting public. Giving him another “witch hunt” to rail against going into the campaign will do him more good than harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.