• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's starting early with the bs today...

Republican candidate for Governor literally sued to stop insurance companies from being forced to cover pre-existing conditions.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the suspicious packages sent to Obama, Hillary, and the Time Warner building in NYC, it's pretty crazy, it’s almost like having a president who actively stokes the fires of hatred and advocates for violence is a bad thing that has real world consequences. Who’d have thunk it?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the suspicious packages sent to Obama, Hillary, and the Time Warner building in NYC, it's pretty crazy, it’s almost like having a president who actively stokes the fires of hatred and advocates for violence is a bad thing that has real world consequences. Who’d have thunk it?

To be fair, psycho conspiracy nuts with a twisted world-view and a desire to just kill everyone they don't like have always existed.

But having a president who is at best legitimizing them and at worst one of them is a pretty scary thing.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he could have just tweeted 'Ditto'...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, he's right. How much shit has Saudi Arabia done that we don't hear about because the cover up is done right and therefore presidents from Reagan to Obama didn't have to talk about them?

Trump's just telling the truth on this and it's ugly. Keep in mind not one country has cut off diplomatic relations with KSA other than Canada and that was initiated on the Saudi side. All this noise and really, nobody gives a fuck. Nobody's going to risk economic turmoil over one person.

I mean, okay, sure, but since the cover-up is so bad, there's no avoiding what they did. When they cover it up well, all you really can do is side eye them and maybe drop some hints the next time you talk with them, because there isn't the evidence to implicate them. There is this time, and the focus of the president in that situation shouldn't be, "The cover-up was bad," it should be, "Well, now we know unavoidably and without a doubt they do this, and it's not acceptable." And it's very telling (and consistent, and--one might say--on brand) which of those options he went to.

But more generally, maybe we should risk economic turmoil over one person. If we actually think critically about it, shouldn't we be valuing even one human life over a damn arms deal? We don't need them, we'll figure out economy out on our own without accommodating a government who sees fit to murder journalists, or anyone else for that matter.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But more generally, maybe we should risk economic turmoil over one person. If we actually think critically about it, shouldn't we be valuing even one human life over a damn arms deal? We don't need them, we'll figure out economy out on our own without accommodating a government who sees fit to murder journalists, or anyone else for that matter.
America can, maybe. The US doesn't have the reliance on foreign oil it once did. But its allies? Europe? Japan? These countries would literally freeze if the Saudis stopped sending them oil, which would shockwave around to the US eventually anyway. In human terms, yeah, this shit is disgusting and we should be working as hard to foment dissent in KSA as we are in Iran. In real terms, it makes little sense to trigger suffering for millions of people because of one human life.

And even beyond that one life, we've known going back to the Obama years the shit KSA's been doing in Yemen - dropping bombs on civilians and fighting a widely-destructive proxy war with Iran. The US did nothing. Why were/are those lives cheaper than Khashoggi's?

And then what of the thousands of lives Obama's drone program took? Wouldn't that put him on the same plane as MBS?

Trudeau didn't cancel our arms deal with them either, FWIW. Trump's hardly alone in this.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
America can, maybe. The US doesn't have the reliance on foreign oil it once did. But its allies? Europe? Japan? These countries would literally freeze if the Saudis stopped sending them oil, which would shockwave around to the US eventually anyway. In human terms, yeah, this shit is disgusting and we should be working as hard to foment dissent in KSA as we are in Iran. In real terms, it makes little sense to trigger suffering for millions of people because of one human life.

And even beyond that one life, we've known going back to the Obama years the shit KSA's been doing in Yemen - dropping bombs on civilians and fighting a widely-destructive proxy war with Iran. The US did nothing. Why were/are those lives cheaper than Khashoggi's?

And then what of the thousands of lives Obama's drone program took? Wouldn't that put him on the same plane as MBS?

Trudeau didn't cancel our arms deal with them either, FWIW. Trump's hardly alone in this.

I don't think we should get to choose any number of lives over any number of lives. When a life is directly targeted and taken, idly standing by shouldn't be an option. We find a way to serve those other folks as best we can without deferring to the murderous whims of any government. And there absolutely do exist alternative to Saudi oil.

But that isn't even the point. Trump doesn't have to pull out of any deals, but if he's giving an interview, don't lament the poor quality of the cover up. I mean, good lord, the only thing he could have done worse is celebrate the murder and say Khashoggi had it coming. Khashoggi lived in the U.S., and was in the process of applying for citizenship. Three of his kids are U.S. citizens. He's one of ours, and the President should be sticking up for one of ours when a foreign government murders him. Full stop.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's starting early with the bs today...

:doh: It cracks me up when he or any of the republicans state this. There is public record of them not supporting this.
But oh yeah my bad never mind facts don't matter. :L

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRUMP: Let me just tell you something. I spoke with Border Patrol this morning. And I spoke to them last evening, and I spoke to them the day before. I speak to them all the time. And they say -- and you know this as well as anybody -- over the course of the year, over the course of a number of years, they've intercepted many people from the Middle East. They've intercepted ISIS, they've intercepted all sorts of people. They've intercepted good ones and bad ones, they've intercepted wonderful people from the Middle East, and they've intercepted bad ones, they've intercepted wonderful people from South America and from other parts further south. (Editor's note: (snicker)) They've intercepted a lot of different people. But among the people they've intercepted -- very recently -- are people from the Middle East, OK? So you can't be surprised when you hear it. You've heard that before. Happens all the time. And I spoke them literally last night. I spoke to another one this morning. Very good relationship with Border Patrol. And ICE.

Antarctica? Very stable genius at work, folks.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cUUz9Uu.jpg

FAKE NEWS saying I use an iPhone! Lying bastards!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a leader...

He's kinda right. Fake News did cause this.

Of course it's not the "Carefully researched articles that paint a picture unflattering to the President" kind of fake news. It's the "George Soros and the Lizard People are covering up Hillary Clinton's child sex pizza dungeon in Benghazi" type fake news.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hello? 911? Yeah, I'd like to report a murder.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching CNN and Governor John Kasich of Ohio is fired up.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching CNN and Governor John Kasich of Ohio is fired up.

How is his acting? Do his lines appear memorized, or is he reading from notes scribbled on his skin?

And what is he fired up about? Did he get another of his attempts at getting monopolies for his friends written into the state constitution knocked down by a federal court again?

fucking jackhole.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is his acting? Do his lines appear memorized, or is he reading from notes scribbled on his skin?

And what is he fired up about? Did he get another of his attempts at getting monopolies for his friends written into the state constitution knocked down by a federal court again?

fucking jackhole.

Hey, stop beating around the bush, tell me how you really feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.