• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhhhh...

121101205258-43-bill-clinton-president-super-169.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To answer your question, me.

But also, what the hell kind of standard is that? The bar for boys' behavior should at least clear not sexually assaulting anyone. Obviously that kind of mentality puts girls in actual danger, but as a bonus, it's an insult to boys' moral intelligence.

I watched the video, and I'm disappointed there wasn't a follow-up question. I'd want to get at why someone would think that's an okay perspective. "Why do you assume all boys sexually assault girls in high school? Why do you think this is normal conduct? Do you encourage and excuse this behavior in your sons and nephews, their friends? Do you warn your daughters about it or tell them to just deal with it? And do you think this is an acceptable environment and paradigm in which to raise children, to teach them how to make good, healthy social relationships and contracts?"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tariffs may play havoc with the materials needed to build the cars and parts manufactured elsewhere. The majority of Auto Industry jobs in the US are for "foreign" car makers. With the investments these companies have made I don't really see any bailing out.

But boy would I love.

Anyway, I'm headed down to Charleston around Halloween so can we wait until after then?

I suggest Folly Beach and a restaurant called Henry's House (near the city market). Two of my favorite places to go when I am there. Noisy Oyster is pretty good too.

My niece and her husband live there for now, but he just got picked for his residency at a hospital in Portland OR, so they are going that way.

Can we be sure the prevailing winds are blowing from North to South when we do it? I'm only a few miles from the border. And if they head south, they can take some of Florida too.

Are there prevailing winds in a swamp?

We can aim the epicenter just south of Columbia and hope for the best.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God, Brett Kavanaugh is insufferable to listen to. He's going to cry isn't he?

Screw you, Brett. You're not the victim here.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what about it make it a disaster for Republicans? That a *gasp* woman is credible and deserving of sympathy?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To answer your question, me.

Nor did I. I waited until I joined the workforce before I did anything like that.

Hey-o!

I know its not funny, not a lot is funny right now.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kavanaugh is shook and unbalanced during this opening statement, just the type of person you want on the highest court in the land.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second thought on that Lindsay Graham comment...

It's bad enough our President fuels some of this blame game stuff and wild conspiracy theories, but we know he's a fucking child and a moron. But when the mainstream guys are doing it as well, it's just getting out of hand.

It's the Democrats fault this guy has a spotty past, spree killers are false flag attacks, protesters are paid and/or planted by the Dems, the media reports wild inaccuracies and makes up stories (that somehow almost always turn out to be true), the election process is rigged by illegals even though data shows otherwise, the election wasn't hacked even though data shows otherwise, a network which has internal memos showing their clear political agenda (in case it wasn't obvious) claims to be accurate news and all others are fake, climatologists are in on some massive scheme to be job killing job killers because we all know how devious the scientific community, etc. etc. et fucking cetera.

These idiots cannot grasp facts. They cannot take responsibility for any of their actions. They cannot believe the American people's beliefs or will when it falls outside their dogma. They blame immigrants, liberals, the media, etc. for ALL the bad things in the world when the truth is we could solve problems if we could get parties, money, and special interest out of the picture and focus on the greater good.

History has seen all of these things before. Our repetition of the same predictable mistakes is the result of the powerful using the ignorant to their benefit, the inability of the prevailing class to cede power, justice, and happiness to others while demanding their vastly disproportionate share, and the lack of courage to examine and embrace the solutions that lie within ourselves rather than blaming the most vulnerable among us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You'll never get me to quit," isn't a great choice of words for a guy defending himself against sexual assault allegations, which I think a competent judge should probably know. Shouting it angrily certainly doesn't help.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he think moistly shouting his testimony makes him more believable? Because moist shouting is how toddlers form their nonsense arguments during tantrums.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second thought on that Lindsay Graham comment...

It's bad enough our President fuels some of this blame game stuff and wild conspiracy theories, but we know he's a fucking child and a moron. But when the mainstream guys are doing it as well, it's just getting out of hand.

It's the Democrats fault this guy has a spotty past, spree killers are false flag attacks, protesters are paid and/or planted by the Dems, the media reports wild inaccuracies and makes up stories (that somehow almost always turn out to be true), the election process is rigged by illegals even though data shows otherwise, the election wasn't hacked even though data shows otherwise, a network which has internal memos showing their clear political agenda (in case it wasn't obvious) claims to be accurate news and all others are fake, climatologists are in on some massive scheme to be job killing job killers because we all know how devious the scientific community, etc. etc. et fucking cetera.

These idiots cannot grasp facts. They cannot take responsibility for any of their actions. They cannot believe the American people's beliefs or will when it falls outside their dogma. They blame immigrants, liberals, the media, etc. for ALL the bad things in the world when the truth is we could solve problems if we could get parties, money, and special interest out of the picture and focus on the greater good.

History has seen all of these things before. Our repetition of the same predictable mistakes is the result of the powerful using the ignorant to their benefit, the inability of the prevailing class to cede power, justice, and happiness to others while demanding their vastly disproportionate share, and the lack of courage to examine and embrace the solutions that lie within ourselves rather than blaming the most vulnerable among us.

I agree in principal, but I argue one key point. That they can't grasp facts. They can. They realize that the last 25+ years of doing anything to hold onto power have led them to a place where this is their last stand power grab. They know this is their last chance, and even then they are losing. Good old misdirection and whataboutism isn't working anymore because people have too much information at their disposal.

Graham's and Grassley's behavior is not old men yelling at clouds. It's spoiled snowflakes throwing tantrums that they can't get their way this one more time.

2018 Election is big.
2020 is monster
2022 (when a lot of current senators are up) holds the future in it's hands.

I just wish I had faith that the Democrats won't fuck it up by running Oprah or some damn thing.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - He's actually using his calendar as "proof" it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.