• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevino - Wishes Never did Happy Gilmore

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HTML:
blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/lee-trevino-wishes-never-done-happy-gilmore-cameo-161847862

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao.... posting links at work is not good. I guess I should take that as a sign

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For golfers, "Happy Gilmore" is one of the sacred films of our time here on Earth, a mix of ridiculousness, golf and long drives that few real sports fans pass up if they see it while scrolling the channels on a weeknight.
No matter how many factual golf errors occur during the movie (I once dissected the entire movie when I had much more time on my hands), it's a brilliant look into the world of golf, even if what's portrayed isn't golf at all.
One of the ways the director brought the actual game to life is to include some actual professionals in the movie, namely Lee Trevino. The six-time major winner had multiple head-shaking moments, including this famed Grizzly Adams line during the crescendo of the film.
Gilmore: "That's right, I'm gonna beat your ass on the course!"
McGavin: "Yeah, right. And Grizzly Adams had a beard."
Trevino: "Grizzly Adams DID have a beard."
The El Paso native was in Tyler, Texas speaking at a University of Texas event when he was asked about his role in that movie, saying he wouldn't have done the cameo if he had known about all the curse words involved.
From the CBS 19 report ...
And about his cameo appearance in the Adam Sandler comedy Happy Gilmore, Trevino wishes he would have read the script first. "If they were going to use all those foul words in there, I never would have done it," he tells CBS 19.