• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Richardson...does someone take a chance?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt mind if the pats kicked his tires either. the kid got stuck behind some bad lines in cleveland and indy.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozzie might give him a look, he's probably better than Pierce....I thought Cleveland was nuts for getting rid of him but then he tanked in Indy, big wonder right now....:noidea:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way an NFL teams signs him if he shows up to the FA meeting in shape and works out well. And even then they would have to take a leap of faith that he stays in shape.

How a guy can eat himself out of the NFL is beyond me. You get paid millions of dollars to play a sport and you cant bother to actually stay in shape?!?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way an NFL teams signs him if he shows up to the FA meeting in shape and works out well. And even then they would have to take a leap of faith that he stays in shape.

How a guy can eat himself out of the NFL is beyond me. You get paid millions of dollars to play a sport and you cant bother to actually stay in shape?!?
i thought richardson was all muscle? i didnt realize or knew he got fat.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he ate himself out of Indy. The team fined him something like 14 times last year for missing his weight requirements. He needs to lose the beef if he is going to have any chance or regaining the explosiveness that he has lost since he has entered the league.

....but it's possible that now that he isn't under a cushy contract, he will find the motivation to actually get himself back into proper shape to be an NFL RB.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he ate himself out of Indy. The team fined him something like 14 times last year for missing his weight requirements. He needs to lose the beef if he is going to have any chance or regaining the explosiveness that he has lost since he has entered the league.

....but it's possible that now that he isn't under a cushy contract, he will find the motivation to actually get himself back into proper shape to be an NFL RB.
thats my thinking...and thanks, i had no idea he was that bad shape wise. i just remember at alabama he looked like he was chiseled from stone.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, I don't think the 3 lb over was the problem they had with him, they payed a king's ransom for him and he didn't turn out to be what they expected in their system so they just wanted to bail on him, IMO.
I don't blame them but it was their mistake, not his.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his problems are fixable. I just wonder if he's coachable.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's trying to compare himself to Lynch. :L

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I don't think the 3 lb over was the problem they had with him, they payed a king's ransom for him and he didn't turn out to be what they expected in their system so they just wanted to bail on him, IMO.

Richardson is the one who said it was 3lbs but anyone looking at him especially later in the season knew it was a more than that.

He is a guy that I suspect got to the league, got his paycheck and decided it was time to get off the juice.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only way for trent to do anything is for him to get his head out of his ass . i wish him well but glad to see him go . he was a dancer in indy not a runner . if you gave him a gap and he better hit it no matter what he may do good .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he is worth a chance to bring in on the vet minimum and let him compete in training camp and just see if maybe he can actually be motivated to be the player expected of him but beyond that no way do you invest much of anything in him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you suggesting a heart and a brain transplant ?

Lazy players have been able to be properly motivated before so it isn't completely unheard of for a guy like Richardson to all of a sudden find the right situation and play beyond what people thought. Heck Rolando McClain this past year is a great example of a guy with some conditioning issues and a whole lot of legal and mental issues to all of a sudden just have it click.