• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Travis Frederick stays at Center for start of TC

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett confirmed that first-round pick Travis Frederick will open training camp at center.

Frederick could still be moved to guard, but will stay at center for now after working there with the first-team offense during OTAs. The Cowboys could ultimately be forced to demote middling RG Mackenzy Bernadeau from the starting lineup, who missed all of minicamp due to offseason shoulder surgery.

I'm not gonna be happy if he doesn't start the season as Center. (Should I send Jerry a memo?)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys LG Nate Livings (foot) and backup OG Ronald Leary (calf) will be limited the first couple days of training camp.

Both players suffered the minor injuries last week, but they're not expected to miss significant time. Livings is coming off a season in which he graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 6 overall guard, and Leary's name is in the mix to start at right guard if he can unseat veteran Mackenzy Bernadeau.

Now I would rather see leary unseat Mac for Guard than move Frederick.

Still don't understand how they do these grades. I didn't see anyone on our line that could have been in the top ten at all.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more OL stuff.

ESPN Dallas reports the Cowboys plan to sign free agent OT Demetress Bell.

All that stands between a deal is a physical. Bell would serve as a reserve at both tackle spots, but could theoretically put himself in the starting mix at right tackle if Dallas doesn't like what it sees from Doug Free and Jermey Parnell. Bell flopped spectacularly in Philadelphia last season.

that seems alarming to me LOL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys LG Nate Livings (foot) and backup OG Ronald Leary (calf) will be limited the first couple days of training camp.

Both players suffered the minor injuries last week, but they're not expected to miss significant time. Livings is coming off a season in which he graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 6 overall guard, and Leary's name is in the mix to start at right guard if he can unseat veteran Mackenzy Bernadeau.

Now I would rather see leary unseat Mac for Guard than move Frederick.

Still don't understand how they do these grades. I didn't see anyone on our line that could have been in the top ten at all.
Seeing some of those grades they seemed to have an agenda behind them.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Winston and Moore are asking for. Both players are better than Bell and are out of work.

maverick361tx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is what scares the chit out me bout our offensive line. Or should I say, our training staff? How in the hell is our players getting injured and they haven't gone all out yet in practice or games? Looks like we are in for a long season if this keeps up.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is like a crap shoot from here on out with the possibility of injuries occurring. That is why it is so important to have depth & a next man up mentality.

maverick361tx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree eastbay, but damn our offensive line was one of our problems last year and we aren't into full training mode and these pansies are already getting hurt. Wtf?? I'm hoping our stupid owner/gm has something up his sleeves with this mini problem.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Jerry thinks the guys he has are fine and is only looking for a camp body.

At least I can say one thing about Jerry. He knows how to make us fans scratch our heads.

maverick361tx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think after years of his quarterback taking a beating and lifting himself off the ground he would protect his investment with better camp bodies though. But you are correct, he has me scratching my head. I hope Bell works out better for us now. I still wanna know if Winston or Moore come in cheap. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think after years of his quarterback taking a beating and lifting himself off the ground he would protect his investment with better camp bodies though. But you are correct, he has me scratching my head. I hope Bell works out better for us now. I still wanna know if Winston or Moore come in cheap. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see.

I was pissed when they didn't go after Clabo, I believe Winston is suspect, there is a reason he is still on the street and a couple of teams have released him.

maverick361tx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pissed bout Clabo also. Damn dolphins. But I guess we didn't have the resources to go get him with the negotiations of Romo stalling. Welcome to cap hell.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Livings was actually decent last season. He was way better than Bernadeaux. Not sure how Bernadeaux is even on the team as a backup. He was horrible last season. I thought we drafted some good players, but thought there were really good offensive lineman that we passed on. We could have upgraded at 2 more positions on the OL if we did not draft Escobar and Wilcox.

I am hoping to see:

LT Smith
LG Livings
C Frederick
RG Leary
RT ???????

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston can't pass block that's what's wrong with him

maverick361tx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its official, cowboys sign Demetress Bell. But also signed a quarterback name Alex Tanney and another receiver named Lavasier Tuinei (sp) to fill in the 90 man roster.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
more OL stuff.

ESPN Dallas reports the Cowboys plan to sign free agent OT Demetress Bell.

All that stands between a deal is a physical. Bell would serve as a reserve at both tackle spots, but could theoretically put himself in the starting mix at right tackle if Dallas doesn't like what it sees from Doug Free and Jermey Parnell. Bell flopped spectacularly in Philadelphia last season.

that seems alarming to me LOL

Bad left tackle and serviceable at right. A swing tackle brought in for competition purposes. Our oline was horrible last year. Not hard to get an upgrade.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad left tackle and serviceable at right. A swing tackle brought in for competition purposes. Our oline was horrible last year. Not hard to get an upgrade.
but not sure this would be an upgrade. With our OL being as bad as it was last year. Why bother bringing in someone that cant take a job from a guy that played horrible last year?

I read somewhere that Bell ranked 78th out of the 80 grades given to tackles. Now I don't know how they do this grading system, or even how accurate it is, but from where I come from that sounds pretty bad to me. No matter what spin we try & put on it for the guy.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parnell is getting tore up early in camp. The key for this team is Doug Free manning up and earning his money. He got paid and then went out and played like shit, plain and simple. He needs to show some pride

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parnell is getting tore up early in camp. The key for this team is Doug Free manning up and earning his money. He got paid and then went out and played like shit, plain and simple. He needs to show some pride

Free was playing better down the stretch last year& is looking better in camp thus far. The Online needs some continuity more than anything