• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Travis Frederick retires

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sua Filo & Cam Flemming are also gone. We are down 3 of our top 7 oline from last year.
In an offseason where it feels like all we did was focus on the offensive side of the ball, we have just as many needs there as defense.
C, G, swing tackle, slot wr, DE, CB, SS, DT.

We need to take at least 2 of these off this list before the draft. DT looks like an easy one, we are close there. DE and CB aren't going to be found in FA, making them high draft priorities. I don’t think swing tackle should fall on a rookie, so I'd expect a move there.

I'd like to find another FA G. IDK who is still out there. Looney is an adequate C/G, but has limitations. We're very shaky at LG with Williams coming back from acl and the rookie with torn pec. I'd prefer a vet over adding another inexperienced draftee.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to you Travis thanks for the great play. You will be missed. Best of luck in all your new endeavors.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I thought Looney did well. He wasn't Frederick, but he was average. Also, Frederick wasn't great last year. I was hoping this year he got back to being the guy he was in the past, but I guess now that isn't going to happen. Will be interesting to see what the plan is for McGovern. We only save less than a million against the cap this year, but $10M-$11M going forward. So maybe the silver lining is we sign a player we may not have otherwise signed knowing that starting next year we have some extra cash.

Here's the you Travis Frederick. Great player, great person, great teammate, great role model. :salute:
I read they can spread the 11 mil over two years.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave it his all to come back. Derailed a certain HOF career. As good a pivot as I have ever seen
Yep, a great player and obviously a smart player. While Frederick was not the same player prior to the illness he still was better than most Centers. This is an unexpected kick in the nuts. This team cant seem to go one offseason without something really BAD happening

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much respect to a guy who says he's got plenty to live happy and be healthy doing it. Family is more important than the NFL.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sua Filo & Cam Flemming are also gone. We are down 3 of our top 7 oline from last year.
In an offseason where it feels like all we did was focus on the offensive side of the ball, we have just as many needs there as defense.
C, G, swing tackle, slot wr, DE, CB, SS, DT.

We need to take at least 2 of these off this list before the draft. DT looks like an easy one, we are close there. DE and CB aren't going to be found in FA, making them high draft priorities. I don’t think swing tackle should fall on a rookie, so I'd expect a move there.

I'd like to find another FA G. IDK who is still out there. Looney is an adequate C/G, but has limitations. We're very shaky at LG with Williams coming back from acl and the rookie with torn pec. I'd prefer a vet over adding another inexperienced draftee.
and Blocking TE for a team that likely would like to run the ball more than most. XSF is the guy I'm worried about losing and even more now with the Frederick news. I get why they had to let him go but disregarding age and draft status his play on the field was way higher than Williams's was IMO. We saw how much better Looney looked with XSF next to him two years ago than Williams. Now this is year 3 for Williams and McGovern is in the mix too, so again I get why we had to let XSF go, but...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read they can spread the 11 mil over two years.
If he officially retires after June 1st they can take the entire hit this year or take the original dead money in 2020 and all the rest in 2021. Not sure if he will do that or not. If he officially retires pre-6/1 it's automatically all allocated to this year's cap

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leader in the clubhouse