• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp - Week 3

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skins waive steven daniels who the dumb ass know i told you all

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad you should know better than to question some peoples knowledge of cutting :lol: Don't let anything get in the way of them being right ....:trash:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its still a waive

Right... because we should have wasted a roster spot for the next month and THEN placed him on IR. Smarter move was to cut him, then resign him in 24 hours directly to IR, which we couldnt do if he was still on roster. But yea, fuck logic. Better to complain about waiving a guy going to IR.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins practice report—Day 10

kujo doesnt appear ready yet several days in a row where he has had a tough time

I am worried about him. I remember being concerned when I heard from several Alabama fans right after the draft saying he was a weak link on their OL and nothing like his brother. But Hell Scott know more about this stuff than they do so ISWT.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how good Scot is you can't get them all right. He did a great job adding pieces as the season went on and guys either got hurt or did not play well. Some of those guys are back this year. Well at least Mason Foster.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how good Scot is you can't get them all right. He did a great job adding pieces as the season went on and guys either got hurt or did not play well. Some of those guys are back this year. Well at least Mason Foster.

blackmon too :clap:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RICHMOND, Va. -- The way he entered college was far different than how he landed in the NFL. Keith Marshall was a big-time recruit, wooed by college heavyweights and celebrated by Georgia when he committed. In the NFL, he was a seventh-round pick by the Washington Redskins who's trying to earn a roster spot.

It’s quite a change for Marshall. But it’s one that he’s OK with because two things remain: his confidence and his speed.

“I never felt that I wasn’t good enough,” he said.

The early returns have been good for Marshall, coming off a solid day Monday. There’s a long way to go as he won’t play his first preseason game until Thursday -- in Atlanta, where he hopes to show what he can do.

Matt Jones and backup Chris Thompson. There's a gap between this group and the rest, multiple sources say, with undrafted free-agent fullbackJoe Kerridge garnering some attention. Another undrafted free agent, running back Robert Kelley, also will be one to watch.

For Marshall, Thursday represents a chance to show what he was unable to do at Georgia, thanks to knee injuries and other talented backs -- such as Todd Gurley and now Nick Chubb. Marshall, a five-star recruit considered by some services to be the No. 1 back in the country as a high school senior, battled too many knee injuries.

Marshall rushed for 759 yards as a freshman in 2012, but he tore his ACL early in his sophomore year, limiting him to five games. That, plus other knee issues, limited him to three games in 2014. In 11 games last season, he had 350 yards in a backup role.

“My career there started off great; me and Todd came in together. That was my boy,” Marshall said. “I never got a chance to get back. I got healthy, but I didn’t get the chance to contribute like I was. That was tough, but it’s a new opportunity here.”

Marshall has received that opportunity for a big reason: His speed. That’s what anyone will first mention when discussing him -- he ran a 4.31 in the 40-yard dash at the combine.

“He has that ability, when he does put that foot in the ground, he explodes through the line of scrimmage,” Redskins offensive coordinator Sean McVay said. “When he’s able to do that, you can feel that speed.”

Marshall has shown that speed running and receiving, as he did Monday in practice. He can be difficult to cover in the open field; earlier in camp, rookie linebacker Su'a Cravens couldn’t get his hands on him as he went to cut on a one-on-one route. But Jones knows he must show more than just a fast 40-yard dash time.

“Some say that some guys just have speed, but I don’t view myself that way,” Marshall said. “I can do what I’m asked to do. That’s my biggest attribute; I’m not just getting the ball and running to the sidelines.”

Still, that speed gets him noticed.

“He’s explosive; straight downhill guy,” Jones said. “He’s picking up everything faster. In the meeting rooms, he asks questions about things I want to know.”

For example, Jones said, Marshall once asked about the tight end’s responsibility on a double-team block and who he would target next.

“I’m like, yeah, I wanted to ask that, too,” Jones said.

“He has shown encouraging maturity for a rookie running back,” McVay said. “We’re hoping to see that translate in games.”

The Redskins are excited about what Jones can do, but they also like what they think -- hope -- they’ve found in Marshall. A big key will be proving he can stay healthy.

“I want to be a guy they feel they can leave on the field,” Marshall said.

Until he proves it in games, though, the talk isn’t worth a whole lot. As Marshall spoke to reporters after a good practice Monday, coach Jay Gruden walked by and, with a smile, reminded everyone they were still in shorts. In other words: He must show it in games and he can start in the state where he played college football. But Marshall, who dealt with a hamstring injury in the spring, likes how he’s fared to this point.

“I knew what I was capable of doing,” Marshall said. “It was just a matter of getting healthy and coming out and doing it.”

good piece here on marshall by john kiem

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids day today...lots of kids everywhere...

Overall attendance has been weak at TC. Down a lot from previous years, hard to know how much as they are not releasing attendance numbers this year. Hot weather, distance to Richmond, 3pm practices and days off on weekends no doubt have affected numbers a bit.

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00