• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Battles

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Ellington has a leg up on Patton. He's got value as a return man, and at least has the potential to turn into a solid slot receiver. Patton can play any of the three spots, but I don't know that he's as good a fit at any of those spots as Ellington is in the slot.

I like Patton, and I'm pulling for him, but he could be in serious trouble if Simpson and White continue to play well. Patton seemed like he had some real play-making qualities in his rookie preseason, but we just haven't seen much since then.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will have some good WR battles. That kid White might surpass some of the WRs. I think CB battle will be fun. Also we will have some OL battles, RB battles(#2 and #3 spot), also DL battles.

We will have a lot going on.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping the starting cornerback jobs are a wide open competition. I know I've mentioned this before somewhere, but back in 1986, the 49ers had Tory Nixon and a USFL Oakland Invader Free Agent CB penciled in as starters before camp. By the first regular season game Tim Mckyer and Donald Griffin were the starters and they turned out to be really good CBs. Good to see what Reaser, Acker, and Johnson do.

WR is also be a good competition. WR Coach Curry has been pumping up Patton and playing down White. I have a feeling Simpson will make the team.

Offensive Line is the most critical. The OLine plays poorly and the offense goes down with it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping the starting cornerback jobs are a wide open competition. I know I've mentioned this before somewhere, but back in 1986, the 49ers had Tory Nixon and a USFL Oakland Invader Free Agent CB penciled in as starters before camp. By the first regular season game Tim Mckyer and Donald Griffin were the starters and they turned out to be really good CBs. Good to see what Reaser, Acker, and Johnson do.

WR is also be a good competition. WR Coach Curry has been pumping up Patton and playing down White. I have a feeling Simpson will make the team.

Offensive Line is the most critical. The OLine plays poorly and the offense goes down with it.
starting CB's has to be Brock and Reaser and ward in slot.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting CB's has to be Brock and Reaser and ward in slot.

Right now, talk is that Brock and Wright will be starting CBs with Reaser either being the Slot CB or a dime CB. I hope there is an open competition and best man gets the starting jobs

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Johnson but he ended the season bad. He got beat big time. I do think he has upside.

He had a bad game late in the season, not unusual for a rookie. For me, the best thing would be to have an open competition and give the starting job to whoever plays best

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Deandre White ran a 4.34 40. I didn't realize he was that quick

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just read Deandre White ran a 4.34 40. I didn't realize he was that quick

Not officially so far as I know, but he was considered a burner prior to an injury in 2012. I see his combine and pro day times as 4.44 and 4.43.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He had a bad game late in the season, not unusual for a rookie. For me, the best thing would be to have an open competition and give the starting job to whoever plays best

It would be silly not to have an open competition. Shareece Wright is the most established CB on the roster right now, followed by Chris Cook. None of our corners have started sixteen games in a season. Absolutely no one should be given anything at this point.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be silly not to have an open competition. Shareece Wright is the most established CB on the roster right now, followed by Chris Cook. None of our corners have started sixteen games in a season. Absolutely no one should be given anything at this point.

I just saw a post on Rotoworld that Reaser is in the hunt for a starting spot opposite Brock if he stands out in training camp. I could see Brock being named a starter as he played well before injury

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just saw a post on Rotoworld that Reaser is in the hunt for a starting spot opposite Brock if he stands out in training camp. I could see Brock being named a starter as he played well before injury

I like what I've seen from Brock, but at the end of the day, he's only got something like 9 career starts. Grant Cohn had some bleacher report article where he referred to Brock, when healthy, as one of the top CBs in the league. That's ludicrous. There isn't nearly enough of a sample size to even have Brock in the top-20, IMO. And perhaps more to the point, he's got to stay healthy enough to see the field.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I've seen from Brock, but at the end of the day, he's only got something like 9 career starts. Grant Cohn had some bleacher report article where he referred to Brock, when healthy, as one of the top CBs in the league. That's ludicrous. There isn't nearly enough of a sample size to even have Brock in the top-20, IMO. And perhaps more to the point, he's got to stay healthy enough to see the field.

What Cohn said is ridiculous, although I thould Brock played well before getting injured. I think durability could be the issue for Brock

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to back bad games and yes its ok because he was a rookie. I still like him but right now I like Ward, Brock and Reaser better. Johnson is right there. I agree open competition is what they need. Brock is the only one with a starting role.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to back bad games and yes its ok because he was a rookie. I still like him but right now I like Ward, Brock and Reaser better. Johnson is right there. I agree open competition is what they need. Brock is the only one with a starting role.

Definately like Brock better cause he's proven he can play CB in the NFL. The other three hard to tell. Ward didn't fare well, although he was a rookie and injured shortly thereafter. Reaser hasn't played a down of NFL football yet. I like what I am hearing about him so far, but it is an unknown until the pads go on.