• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp a week away

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with training camp actually less than a week away now what are you most excited to hear about? I guess maybe the better question is who are you most excited to hear about? Any certain positions you are focused on above others?

I guess I will start. Ward was my favorite FA brought in so probably most excited to hear how he is doing adjusting to being on the Broncos. Also very excited to hear of Ball's development from last year to this year. Obviously he is one of the biggest keys to whether we can truly push for a Championship this year. Moreno did decent for us last year (take out the New England game and really his stats are below average) but we will need Ball to be so much more.

I have 2 main position groups that I will be focused on. The first will be the DL. The Broncos have never had this much depth so it will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. I'm very interested to see if Malik Jackson can actually beat out Wolfe this year for the spot opposite Ware. How has Williams developed is another question I have? Can Austin actually beat out one of our guys for a back up spot and be the impact player that he was supposed to be coming out of college?

The other position then is the OL. We are pretty much having 3 new starters (or at least guys starting at new spots). Clady being back is huge obviously but how does Franklin and maybe Clark do at the new positions they have been assigned? Beyond Ball and how he does this season our OL has to step up more than they did last year. Obviously the Super Bowl showed they need to make some adjustments so can these new moves be the difference?

Rookie wise obviously Roby has the biggest chance to make an impact here in year one but very excited to read about Barrow. I remember during the draft they said Fox actually did like 20 laps around the War Room in excitement for getting this kid. For a guy with a heart problem that is a pretty big deal in my opinion. So obviously they expect big things from this kid.

Anyway anybody else have any thoughts?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward most to see how our defense gels. Between our FA acquisitions and getting guys back healthy I think he we could have one of the top defenses in the league. Really hope that all of our guys stay healthy and that Del Rio puts together a unit that stuffs the run, takes the ball away, and consistently gets after QBs. I definitely think that we have the personnel to do those things.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to add no serious injuries is what I am looking forward to. Last season was ridiculous more so not for how many guys got hurt but of how many of them were key guys on the team Clady (All-Pro), Miller (All-Pro), Champ (All-Pro), and of course many others but especially those 3. I know Champ wasn't what he was but more than anything he was the guy that got our backfield in the right formation to make a play. Look what happened in the playoffs when he came back and how we did not give up the big plays that we were earlier in the season on defense.

Also looking forward to seeing Wolfe back on the field healthy. His and Moore's injuries last year were ridiculously fluky. Both life threatening yet here we are a year later ready to see them possibly start once again! Hoping for the best for both of them.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with training camp actually less than a week away now what are you most excited to hear about? I guess maybe the better question is who are you most excited to hear about? Any certain positions you are focused on above others?

I guess I will start. Ward was my favorite FA brought in so probably most excited to hear how he is doing adjusting to being on the Broncos. Also very excited to hear of Ball's development from last year to this year. Obviously he is one of the biggest keys to whether we can truly push for a Championship this year. Moreno did decent for us last year (take out the New England game and really his stats are below average) but we will need Ball to be so much more.

I have 2 main position groups that I will be focused on. The first will be the DL. The Broncos have never had this much depth so it will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. I'm very interested to see if Malik Jackson can actually beat out Wolfe this year for the spot opposite Ware. How has Williams developed is another question I have? Can Austin actually beat out one of our guys for a back up spot and be the impact player that he was supposed to be coming out of college?

The other position then is the OL. We are pretty much having 3 new starters (or at least guys starting at new spots). Clady being back is huge obviously but how does Franklin and maybe Clark do at the new positions they have been assigned? Beyond Ball and how he does this season our OL has to step up more than they did last year. Obviously the Super Bowl showed they need to make some adjustments so can these new moves be the difference?

Rookie wise obviously Roby has the biggest chance to make an impact here in year one but very excited to read about Barrow. I remember during the draft they said Fox actually did like 20 laps around the War Room in excitement for getting this kid. For a guy with a heart problem that is a pretty big deal in my opinion. So obviously they expect big things from this kid.

Anyway anybody else have any thoughts?

All the above but also interested to see how Latimer does. He just might rival Roby for playing this yr. At least in the red zone. Also in the return game....Burris maybe? Rbs behind Ball should be very interesting also.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really curious to see where Andre Caldwell is going to fit in this year, if at all. They resigned him before Decker officially walked, so we all knew Decker's days in orange were numbered. But then they signed Sanders and drafted Latimore, so Bubba may be at square 1. But he is just big enough, just fast enough, smart enough and has good hands that I believe Caldwell would make a really good kick/punt returner.

Your thoughts?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another thing: this is not directly camp related, but it is very relevant to the team going into camp. This has been a quiet off season. Not in terms of what the Broncos have done, but in terms of what they haven't done. There was a shot glass thrown at a bartender and that is all I can remember hearing about any off-field issues for this team. I'll take it after last off season.

Legally speaking, we're in great shape. Health-wise we are in great shape. Let's hope it stays that way this time around!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iknowfootball I actually made that comment to someone the other day. Last off season I honestly got to a point that I feared getting on any sports website in knowing another Bronco had been arrested or hurt or suspended. Thankfully that has not been the case at all this off season other than Ward's little slip up. Guys seem to be getting healthy at the right time (although my guess is Harris and Miller will be part-time starters for the first few weeks) and we should have a full arsenal heading into the season. Hopefully training camp doesn't go crazy for us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the above but also interested to see how Latimer does. He just might rival Roby for playing this yr. At least in the red zone. Also in the return game....Burris maybe? Rbs behind Ball should be very interesting also.

Just read an article where they are calling him "Denver's Secret Weapon." I don't know what to expect from Latimer this year. He offers a lot in the Red Zone and in run blocking already. It is the rest of his game that has to show it is ready. I do think he stands a chance by the end of the year of finding his way on the field for maybe 50% of the offensive snaps. He is too big, too fast, and has too good of hands not to find his way on the field at least a little this year. I can't wait to see teams have to pick between him, DT, JT, Sanders, and Welker. One of those guys will be finding a very favorable match up this season.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im interested in seeing if Montee Ball has improved his blocking on blitz pickups and his ability to catch the ball. It is a must with K.M. gone. Also interested to see how the CB situation goes. After Talib and Harris Denver is very young there. Im also hoping J.D.R. with the talent acquired on defense throws out any 3 man rush. Iy will also be interesting to see if the pass defense at the LB position improves this year. Should be a good year and hopefully great year. Superbowl or bust this year.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im interested in seeing if Montee Ball has improved his blocking on blitz pickups and his ability to catch the ball. It is a must with K.M. gone. Also interested to see how the CB situation goes. After Talib and Harris Denver is very young there. Im also hoping J.D.R. with the talent acquired on defense throws out any 3 man rush. Iy will also be interesting to see if the pass defense at the LB position improves this year. Should be a good year and hopefully great year. Superbowl or bust this year.

One of Pot Roast's sacks was on a 3-man rush I believe:laugh3:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, like most, am very curious to see how Ball does. I thought letting Knowshon go was a huge mistake, but upon further review seemed to be a damn smart move as he was invisible in Fish mini camp, and has yet another knee injury now. Ball is going to have to be the man. Hopefully Hillman proves everyone wrong and has a solid year. It's gonna be a make or break for him in Denver this season. I think he's the ideal compliment to Ball; as long as he holds the damn rock. I really like CJ too and hope he gets his touches in camp and preseason to show what he can do.

Latimer and Caldwell - I think these two could be big play guys opposite DT on the outside.

Gerrell Robinson - We're so stacked at TE, but he's interesting here.

Roby - Sky high ceiling on this kid. I like what I've heard/read on him so far.

Moore, Miller and Harris - Praying to God these 3 can be back 100% and avoid further injury.

Ward - My favorite off season signing also. This guy is gonna be a monster this year IMO.

Jackson and Smith - Both super intriguing young D-lineman. Can't wait to see what those two bring too.

Camp is coming!

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 2 more days fellas and we will finally have some real football news! MrDoc420 I am definitely interested in all of those guys. To me most of the starting positions on the team are a foregone conclusion. Obviously a couple are up in the air. So the back up spots with all of the young potential is where the real competition is going to be for this team. We have some guys with sky high ceilings like that of Roby, Latimer, Smith, Jackson, Barrow (I think he will be a household name in 2 years), and so many more. The Broncos coaches and FO are going to have some tough decisions on who to keep...do you keep the 8 year veteran that can help right away if something were to happen or the young unproven who could be starting in a year or two if he continues to grow?

Question for you all...Do you think we keep 3 quarterbacks again this year on the roster? We have every year that Elway and company have been in business but starting to think this year with so much talent every where else on the roster it would be hard to keep that 3rd quarterback knowing we are cutting somebody with starting potential.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, like most, am very curious to see how Ball does. I thought letting Knowshon go was a huge mistake, but upon further review seemed to be a damn smart move as he was invisible in Fish mini camp, and has yet another knee injury now. Ball is going to have to be the man. Hopefully Hillman proves everyone wrong and has a solid year. It's gonna be a make or break for him in Denver this season. I think he's the ideal compliment to Ball; as long as he holds the damn rock. I really like CJ too and hope he gets his touches in camp and preseason to show what he can do.

Latimer and Caldwell - I think these two could be big play guys opposite DT on the outside.

Gerrell Robinson - We're so stacked at TE, but he's interesting here.

Roby - Sky high ceiling on this kid. I like what I've heard/read on him so far.

Moore, Miller and Harris - Praying to God these 3 can be back 100% and avoid further injury.

Ward - My favorite off season signing also. This guy is gonna be a monster this year IMO.

Jackson and Smith - Both super intriguing young D-lineman. Can't wait to see what those two bring too.

Camp is coming!

I agree with all of this but when it comes to holding on to the ball Hillman isnt the only one that needs to. Way to many fumbles last year as a teamn and that goes for Manning as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this but when it comes to holding on to the ball Hillman isnt the only one that needs to. Way to many fumbles last year as a teamn and that goes for Manning as well.

This is where I have been excited that the team is taking a proactive look at this. They have added the green football to practice (if you haven't heard of this just look it up). Gase and company have made it a huge emphasis that the fumbles will not be tolerated this year. Hopefully all of this emphasis pays off and we see them protect the football more.

Also on the Dreessen being let go. Most of us saw the writing on the wall for him but have to say the guy has been nothing but a class act for the team. True professional from day 1.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first little pieces of information as Camp starts today in about an hour. Only player who will not be practicing because of injury is Chris Harris as they put him on the PUP at this time. He does have a check up with Dr. Andrews later this week so expect him to get off the PUP pretty soon.

Another player who will be absent for the beginning of camp is D. Thomas. His grandmother has passed away so he has been excused to go spend time with family and attend the funeral. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family D. Thomas.

First open practice to the public will be this Sunday as they will practice in Mile High Stadium (still refuse to call it anything else). Anybody planning on going?

Will update more as the practice notes start coming in.